Random question

RUTHYJ357

Gold Member
Hiya all
Sorry about this but it is something i need sorted ASAP.
I have been having funny phone calls........only started today but i have had 16 and im not sure if they are from marketing companies....
does anyone know the number you can phone to barr your number from such fricking companies grrr:cry:

Sorry to ask on here but ive searched google to no avail.
I cant go through another day of it.

Thanks Guys
Ruthyxxxxx:)

TPS Registration

Check out this web site it is Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is the central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls to your home or mobile telephone numbers. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS unless they have your consent to do so.

Hope this helps :)

Thank You ! Thank You ! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a more instant fix phone BT and register with their Choose to Refuse system. Theyll register your phone and if you get a nusciance call you hang up and punch in a pin no & it blocks that number calling you again. I think you get it free for 30 days.

Or you can get another service which costs, I cant remember how much, and it bars any and ALL numbers which are withheld.

The TPS can take a while to come into effect on your number

bUMMER! Ive just done it and it says that this number is already registered with us!!!!!!!!! must be some bloody idiot! well what ever they are doing its beginning to make me nervous now

Yep definitely you can block all witheld numbers. Should be able to set that up straight away. :)

Also you could answer the call and tell the caller you have reported nuisance calls - if it is someone messing aroung it may make them think again because calls can be traced :)

Just phoned my telephone provider, im with Swelec which is a Welsh electicity company who deal with line rental too..much cheaper........anyhooo they have barred the "number withheld" calls and a automated answer tells them if they wish to contact me to do so without with holding they number. whooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo, That will catch the little sods unaware!
I have never ever had such phone calls in my life ! so you can imagine how shocked i was and very un-nerved! but hey thanks all who have read and replied to my posts!

GOOD NEWS ALSO- i forgot about food haha haha, hardly eaten much ive been on pins!

Ruthy

Thanks ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back