Random tips to help with weight loss!!

calirose

Hiya..i just thought i would start a random thread, i dont know if there is one already..but just a thread for peoples secret tricks or tips. For example, this is probably obvious..but when im having a chocolate craving, i had a big mug of the WW hot chocolate, which are delicious and chocolatey and only 1pp, and after that i feel a lot better!!

Just thought if anyone had any tips that really help them get through different issues of being on WW, it might be helpful :) I apologize if there is already a thread like this i havent seen!

xx

Oh yeah, even if your not doing WW any tips and ideas are great!!! Sounds like a good one..i think drinks can bloat u up and make u feel a lot fuller which is great!! :D x

sugar free jelly!!! :D always have some made up if i feel peckish i have some :D it's 0points (discovery, not sure about propoints! ;) )

Always be prepared. Keep some low pp food in your bag/car to eat if the hunger strikes when you are out. I keep a couple of Alpen Light bars in my bag so as to avoid eating high point foods when out. Also eating before you go out is very important. Supermarket shopping on an empty stomach is a disaster as is going to places like shopping centres where cafes and restaurants are all around. If you feel deprived because of not being able to eat out at your favourite cafe etc then buy yourself a small treat like a new shampoo or lipstick instead.

Great tips so far thanks!! Im just starting out, so its nice to learn these things early! :D x

I tend to eat just fruit in the morning in the week then use my points in small amounts throughout the rest of the day as I get more peckish in the evenings.

Thats a good idea. I get soooooo hungry in the evenings...its my downfall :/ maybe i should start saving more points for the evening! x

I tend to eat just fruit in the morning in the week then use my points in small amounts throughout the rest of the day as I get more peckish in the evenings.

I'm the same, can't stop nibbling in the evenings, maybe I should have fruit for brekkie too. Maybe with a 1pp WW yogurt :)

I am the opposite. A good breakfast keeps me full for ages, often don't even feel hungry by lunchtime. Two boiled eggs and 1 slice of toast plus a piece of fruit is my fav breakfast and only 6pps. I was eating porridge every morning but find the eggs keep me full for longer, think it is the protein. I am a nightime nibbler too but a good brekkie means you eat lunch and dinner later so you are less likely to snack. I always keep a few points for my night time choccie and tea.

ellenwillbeskinny said:
I am the opposite. A good breakfast keeps me full for ages, often don't even feel hungry by lunchtime. Two boiled eggs and 1 slice of toast plus a piece of fruit is my fav breakfast and only 6pps. I was eating porridge every morning but find the eggs keep me full for longer, think it is the protein. I am a nightime nibbler too but a good brekkie means you eat lunch and dinner later so you are less likely to snack. I always keep a few points for my night time choccie and tea.

Good tips hon. If I had time I would eat eggs in the morning too... They keep me really full.
Mmm choccie and tea. So yummy ;) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Im a big breakfast person, but i still find that by lunch im hungry again! Evenings are the worst though..im soo hungry and i just snack. Need to get some more interesting low point snacks!!! x

calirose said:
Im a big breakfast person, but i still find that by lunch im hungry again! Evenings are the worst though..im soo hungry and i just snack. Need to get some more interesting low point snacks!!! x

I have changed my meals around so I eat my dinner at lunchtime and have a light snack in the evening. I cook them the evening before bring it into work in a container and reheat at lunchtime. It stops me snacking and I feel more satisfied during the day! Could be worth a try...

Slimandtoned said:
I have changed my meals around so I eat my dinner at lunchtime and have a light snack in the evening. I cook them the evening before bring it into work in a container and reheat at lunchtime. It stops me snacking and I feel more satisfied during the day! Could be worth a try...

I think I should try this. But then I'm afraid I'll want another dinner in the evening LOL

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

It doesn't matter how much I eat throughout the day I will always need more food at night wish a nice healthy breakfast would satisfy me. Just makes me more hungry lol

Roasted veg all the way, so delicious, I make them as often as I can and try to keep a box in the fridge for nibbles. Make 'em spicy with paprika and chilli powder or herby with oregano. Butternut squash is a personal favourite and filling too.

Ive been eating a meringue today with fresh strawberries, and putting a weight watchers yogurt on it, its low points and a lovely pudding!!!!

Not really a food tip but I really find that planning in advance is such a help. I sit down in the morning and write down what I 'm planning to have for lunch and dinner (doesn't always work this way,but My days are always better when I can do it this way). Then I see how many pp i've left over and it allows me to decide if I want to blow them all on a muffin when I'm out with the girls or keep some for my after dinner treat. Sugar free jelly and diet 7up are great helps top-0 pp treats for when thr going gets tough.

Ohhh i need to invest in some diet 7ups i think..cus sumtimes I crave a fizzy drink!!! :D Ive been using sparkling water as my fizzy drink instead aha.. x

Sayyes I never thought of keeping some rosted veg to snack on... Brilliant tip.. Thank you

Back