Ransch signing in

Hello Everyone, eggs and bacon x3 today. All I'm up to!

Hiya - bacon and eggs rock. Used to have once every two months (or less!) - now everyday;)

Ooooh still feeling rough today although I'm sitting here at work. I feel much fatter today, top and trousers are tighter than usual and totm is nowhere in sight. I'm promising now to lay off the booze but funny how short my memory is when the weekend comes round again :sigh:

Was too lazy to prepare any thing to take with me for the day so I have the grand sum of one sausage to keep me going until this evening. Hmm. Recipe for disaster me thinks. Oh and I've got some almonds and Atkins advantage bars in my drawer.

I'll write more this evening.

Sorry you're not feeling grand! Can you get out to a supermarket? Grab some cold meats and slices of cheese and a bag of lettuce.

We're all the same with alcohol - I think the bloating is worse on wine, I try and stick to gin and slimline (although it doesn't always go to plan!).

Morning Ransch, lots of lovely food shops in Germany, especially the butchers

Me again, feeling down for no reason. Don't know if I can cope with all these negative vibes I'm sending out at the mo. It's so not me. All clothes feeling tighter so I know I haven't lost anything this week either and I'm fed up. The bigger part of me just wants to say sod it and go back to life before Atkins. :sigh:

After reading some of the other diaries it seems quite a common thing to be feeling like this at this stage, but knowing that doesn't really help either. I've decided to write what I'm eating here:

B- a sausage and cup coffee with single cream (we don't get double here).
L- sausage + 1/2 meatball + 1 egg omelette

Trying to drink water but I just end up on the loo all the time & that's not possible while I'm at work :(

Hiya. How about not weighing for a couple of weeks? If you haven't got that to worry about then you might not feel so down.
I'm not sure you are eating enough either. Try some legal snacks. You won't lose weight if you are in starvation mode.
Don't give up. We are rooting for you. :)

Yes, where's your greens love?

You'll laugh everyone but I'm really stumped with the greens bit. I really can't stand spinach (tried it last night), green beans are OK, salad is banned here in Germany at the mo so what else can I count as my 'greens'???

It's really bad Leanne and people are panicking big time. The major supermarkets have cancelled their orders of fresh salad ingredients as nobody's buying and many of my colleagues are just eating pasta, bread and rice with tinned sauces. It's the biggest scare Germany has had and it's going to be a tough year for the farmers.

I feel safe but it is worrying to hear that the 'experts' are all stumped. The hospitals are coping- about 6000 cases a week are coming in. Of course the majority are not fatalities. It just brings home the benefits of being self sufficient and growing your own stuff.

I'm going to take your advice and not weigh in each week. I know I haven't lost anything this week but I don't understand why my clothes are getting tighter instead of looser! I won't give up just yet!

You know, if you got some seeds you could get some salad leaves growing straight away.
It could just be the heat that is making your clothes feel tight. Drink lots of water.
Please take care of yourself. Vitamins, garlic and lots of water. We will all be thinking about you during the current crisis.

Yes how's things hun? I was wondering if you could try frozen cauliflower and other frozen veg?

At the very least, just eat what you know is safe and come back to Atkins when you can xxx

Sorry to hear about what's going on over there xxxxx I agree with Leanne , hopefully you can grow some salad leaves...even in pots on the window sills they do well. And also , like Susie suggested with the frozen veg...I practically live on frozen cauli most weeks (lucky I live out in the countryside..I can blame the sheep next door for any strange whiffs)

Back