Ransch signing in

Morning Ransch, oh I'm happy enough with my brain cells. LOL

Hiya - hope you are having a good afternoon;)

Oh dear, the dreaded Snickers did it again, just couldn't resist so enjoyed it immensely and will try to behave now!

Tut Tut Ransch

I know Jim, I've been so good with the alcohol but snickers are my downfall!

Lol:D

Luckily i've never been keen on standard choccie bars - only the really expensive stuff. I did finally cancel my hotel choclat tasting membership when i realised that atkins had to be a way of life so didnt want the whole box regularly in the house. Plan is to go out one day and just buy a little;)

This is oh so weird as I never ate snickers before starting Atkins! I'm not a fan of peanuts or caramel so they were never up my street until now! :confused:

Anyway, had some lovely bbqed lamb and veggies this evening with lashes of olive oil. I've also finished reading 'The Primal Blueprint' which I can recommend. The writer advocates low carb eating but puts more emphasis on exercise and the importance of veggies and fruit in the diet.

Hmm. Perhaps I need more carbs as it doesn't seem to matter if I follow Atkins to the letter or not, there's no change in my weight although I have dropped a size. :)

In many ways size is more important isn't it love?

Morning:)

Dropping sizes bestest:D

Hey Everyone. 36 degrees and I've got the cold from hell. Can you believe it!!!! Plus it's the busiest week at work. My trousers and clothes are tighter again, don't know why and don't really care. Just want my bed and some chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ransch, I think it's the heat as well love, that and water retention I'll bet

Hi ransch - keep glugging the water;)

Morning Ransch :)

Hey everyone, hope things are OK. My cold's getting worse but I'm resigned to that now. :( I've got a whole day of oral exams to get through tomorrow. Here's hoping I don't infect all the students! :eek:

I'm thinking of trying a different diet although I know Atkins works I'm not losing any weight and I would like to get my BMI into a safer range. :break_diet:

I'm just a bit worried about the maintenance phase as I don't think I can resist carbs forever. I'm thinking of Joel Marion's rotation diet from the US. Has anyone tried it? He advocates one cheat day a week where you eat whatever you like (eat not stuff face ;)) followed by low carb day/s followed by low GI day/s followed by higher GI day/s. The idea is that you are continuously surprising your body with the different foods and keeping your 'leptin' levels up which results in weight loss.

I paid $50 to download the programme and it seems really easy although exercise plays more of a role. What do you all think?

I've heard of this Ransch, you can trial it for us then :)

Back