Rant!!!

Why are some people so stupid??

Why is it so difficult to understand the one-way system in Tesco's car park? And why is it that the people going the wrong way always think they are right? :confused:

And why is it that people won't indicate when they are leaving a roundabout? It's not that hard, is it? :confused:

And why is it, when the car park is full on a Saturday afternoon, that person with the huge 4x4 thinks that it is acceptable to park diagonally across two spaces? :confused::confused:

That's it, rant over!!! :rant2:

lol, sounds like your day has been similar to mine. xxx:D

My own fault, really. Going to Tesco at 4 p.m. on a Saturday close to Christmas is only ever going to end in tears!!

The thing is - I'm retired. I don't have to go shopping at the weekend at all! :doh:

Haha, dont even get me started.. my morrisons is the worse, its like they built (previously safeway) the building and didnt think about the carpark till after and just stuck a half assed, un-thought through car park with stupidly placed curbs, not enough room for two and a one way system no one seems to use.

:mad:

Did you know that yesterday was actually National No Indicators Day? No, I didn't either. But apparently everyone else travelling on the M61 knew it, as not a single bugger used their indicators when changing lanes, including lorries as well as cars and vans. Nor did they use them coming off at exits!
And then, also, people going all the way round roundabouts weren't using them, or when coming off at exits.

GRRR!!!!

That was my rant for yesterday, belatedly!

LOL...I was just talking about this yesterday, I followed a police van through one first exit turn off at a roundabout and one right turn into my street and not once did he indicate.

I was so mad :mad: if he had been following me and I did exactly the same thing I bet he would have stoped me to tell me off.

One rule for them and another for us :rolleyes:

I have to say though, that no two people seem to agree on when you should use indicators on a roundabout. I never indicate when going straight over, and indicate left when taking 1st exit and right when taking 2nd exit. Not all people seem to be taught the same though, and the 6th formers that I work with that are learning now say they are taught not to indicate when approaching a roundabout, just at their exit to say they are coming off. That was not how I was taught.

Lynda

I was taught to indicate right before the roundabout if I was going more than half way round, to continue indicating right until I passed the exit before the one I wanted, then to indicate left.

The whole point is to let people see clearly exactly what you are going to do and for everyone to work to the same system.

I don't understand people who won't indicate - it's not as if it takes any effort!!

I was also taught indicate left at a roundabout for left, right for right and to not indicate if going straight across, although if it was a big roundabout to indicate before exiting the roundabout.

I have to say though, that no two people seem to agree on when you should use indicators on a roundabout. I never indicate when going straight over, and indicate left when taking 1st exit and right when taking 2nd exit. Not all people seem to be taught the same though, and the 6th formers that I work with that are learning now say they are taught not to indicate when approaching a roundabout, just at their exit to say they are coming off. That was not how I was taught.

Lynda

Though I am 27 (in a week) I only learnt to drive 2 yrs ago - never needed to before!

I was taught to indicate left for the first exit, not to indicate until the exit you wanted if going straight ahead and to indicate right for any exits after '12 oclock'.

I was also told that, depending on size of roundabout, that right lane was best only for the most right exit - but this was based on number of exits etc.

Traffic is really p*ssing me off atm too. The lack of bridges here is causing havoc and people are becomming aggressive drivers due to delays. But sorry - I cannot make the cars in front of me vanish because you drive in my back seat...OK? Grrrr!

Oh, I know what you mean. Why is it that people think you will drive faster if they tailgate you? In fact, it usually means that I drive more slowly because I am so concerned about what the car behind me is doing!

When I visit my sister for the weekend, I drive home quite late on the Sunday night. The last section of the drive home is the A4074 between Wallingford and Reading - part of which is charmingly known as the "bends of death" road! Quite a lot of it has a 50mph speed limit and on some of the twistier bits it would be silly to go even that fast. I always seem to get someone driving so close to me along that stretch - it really is so dangerous.

On one occasion, where the limit goes down to 30mph entering Reading, and the road is still twisty and dark, I still had this idiot clamped to my rear bumper. I knew there was a layby/bus stop a little way along, so I pulled in for a moment to let him go by. As he roared past me, he also roared past the speed camera a few yards further along, which went "flash, flash"!! Tee hee.

Last edited:
Oh, I know what you mean. Why is it that people think you will drive faster if they tailgate you? In fact, it usually means that I drive more slowly because I am so concerned about what the car behind me is doing!

When I visit my sister for the weekend, I drive home quite late on the Sunday night. The last section of the drive home is the A4074 between Wallingford and Reading - part of which is charmingly known as the "bends of death" road! Quite a lot of it has a 50mph speed limit and on some of the twistier bits it would be silly to go even that fast. I always seem to get someone driving so close to me along that stretch - it really is so dangerous.

On one occasion, where the limit goes down to 30mph entering Reading, and the road is still twisty and dark, I still had this idiot clamped to my rear bumper. I knew there was a layby/bus stop a little way along, so I pulled in for a moment to let him go by. As he roared past me, he also roared past the speed camera a few yards further along, which went "flash, flash"!! Tee hee.

LOL! That'll teach him! Or hopefully so!

Tailgaters are the worse. I can handle waiting because someone didn't think to indicate etc. But tailgaters do my head in!!! I drive more slowly too - partly because I am stubbourn and partly because I'd rather be going a little slower to prevent me needing to slam my brakes on and get rear ended.

WHY do some people tailgate despite being able to over take? Honestly? And the thing is, though I drive to the speed limit and conditions, I am not exactly doddering either. Most roads here are country roads and bendy/twisty too and yet people bomb along them stupidly. The worse road is Moota straight - it's where those 5 people died last year in the head on. It's straight, clear vision and yet it causes so many accidents because it's the first clear run people can over take on that road - and they push their luck.

I think the message here to everyone is stay safe on the roads - always :) xxx

I think its the manufacurers fault this indicating thing, they are obviously forgetting to put the bulbs in. I followed my dad the other week who has a new car and when we reached our destination, I told him to take it back cos it was faulty. When he asked what was wrong and I explained that his indicators didn't work, I got a clip round the ear with the words cheeky bu**er, and I'm 50 in March lol.

I have a theory that anyone over my age doesn't have a clue what mini roundabouts mean!

Back