RANT!!!

Would you rather be that guys size and winning SOTW each time or your size and not?

Maybe taking a step back, it isn't too fair but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you're losing weight. Maybe you and your Mum could start a little friendly competition with a little prize?

You could try mailing SW but I doubt they'd change it as it's been the same for years. Just be happy that you're not that blokes size and that you'll reach target sooner. ;)

That's one thing bout Slimming World that I disagree with. The whole slimmer of the week/month thing should be abolished in my opinion because losing weight is not a competition.

I can understand why it would be disheartening for you but imagine how that guy would feel if he could hear you say this.

The reason that I'm saying that is my friend gets SOTW and SOTM a lot and has lost 3stone in 4months, she's done amazing, and she's not "little" but the back-biting has made her almost NOT go to IT and she's started skipping it if she has a had a good weight loss due to how the members of her class are making her feel.

Its there as a reward, my old C didnt just do it for biggest lost, but also biggest continuous loss'.

Rant away hun! :D That is what we're here for!!!

Remeber to keep your eyes on the real prize :D :D

Sorry if that sounded harsh but really, just be happy with what you are loosing. The bigger you are the more you loose very simple(or in general should i say). Slimming world ISNT a competion. If you were his size you would prob loose weight like that and also he is a man, they tend to loose weight quicker.

To be perfectly honest I think I'd feel slightly annoyed too so I can see your point. But I'm losing weight for me, not for anyone else, so I'd let it go over my head and not let it wind me up too much :)

So long as loose I don't care about the rest of the group, I'm in it for me. That said I would always support anybody that needed help, awards just don't do it for me.

I can understand why it would be disheartening for you but imagine how that guy would feel if he could hear you say this.

The reason that I'm saying that is my friend gets SOTW and SOTM a lot and has lost 3stone in 4months, she's done amazing, and she's not "little" but the back-biting has made her almost NOT go to IT and she's started skipping it if she has a had a good weight loss due to how the members of her class are making her feel.

Its there as a reward, my old C didnt just do it for biggest lost, but also biggest continuous loss'.

OMG That is awful :(

i'm actually really happy for the man at my group who gets it quite often, he has done so fantastically well it makes me happy to see him so happy.
however, everyones motivation is different, i see these people as inspirations to myself, it helps me, and i have a treat after each meeting for myself because i don't need anyone to tell me how far i have come, the scales speak for themselves and i know everyone in my group is happy for me as i am for them :)

delleh said:

Looking in the mirror is a reward once you start seeing your weight loss:) I would hate anyone to feel so unhappy to win sotw and be talked about we are meant to be there for each other :(

I think the sotw is quite old fashioned altogether and is unfair to lots in the group those that can never lose more than half or a lb a week etc and those that have worked hard all week and it doesn't show that week, those that have been attending group for years and steadily losing/maintaining that often lose out to newcomers. I also didn't think we were supposed to expect huge losses every week etc so its a bit contradictory imo
I can kind of understand your feelings but I'm not so sure that being bigger automatically means you will lose more as there are many factors involved. Imagine the pressure that man may feel to lose every week and how he may feel if and when he doesn't have a good week especially if he gets the response of well at least someone else gets to have the basket etc
Like others have said we all need to have a rant sometimes and we can support each other through that which may not necessarily mean agreeing but discussing/sharing opinions and feelings.
Hope you feel better after your rant and can attend group and find ways to celebrate your own success along the way x

Perhaps they should give SOW to the person who has lost 1-2lbs which is what all nutritionalists recommend we lose rather than these huge losses which goes against everything you ever read x Or even one for a man and one for a woman and one for the person who is half a stone within target and still losing . . . the list could go on. WE SHOULD ALL GET IT unless we have a gain lolxxx

I also think it would be good if the PDA could calculate SotW based on weight loss % as well.

I know it's not a competition but I think it would just be more fair that way.

Perhaps they should give SOW to the person who has lost 1-2lbs which is what all nutritionalists recommend we lose rather than these huge losses which goes against everything you ever read x Or even one for a man and one for a woman and one for the person who is half a stone within target and still losing . . . the list could go on. WE SHOULD ALL GET IT unless we have a gain lolxxx

I agree, prizes all round lol - after all, it's bloomin hard work this slimming malarky! Although did laugh at Carol McGiffen on Loose Women saying that why don't you get a prize for not getting fat in the first place lol....fair point :D xx

We have 2 people who consistently win it. One is very large like your bloke and another is a women who only eats soup! She is quite open about the fact that all she is eating is soup and is losing 4lbs a week or more. She isn't following the plan, and annoys me she keeps winning SOTW when we are all following the rules.
So I sympathise with you!
I would love to win SOTW but the fact that I can't compete with these other people means I actually feel demotivated by the whole thing.

We have 2 people who consistently win it. One is very large like your bloke and another is a women who only eats soup! She is quite open about the fact that all she is eating is soup and is losing 4lbs a week or more. She isn't following the plan, and annoys me she keeps winning SOTW when we are all following the rules.
So I sympathise with you!

Now that WOULD annoy me!! x

Lol we do though don't we by losing the weight and not gaining it which is why I think it should be scrapped altogether lol

Ah you rant away babes, we are here to listen!
we have a girl in our class who has won SOTW every week since Jan and SOTM for Jan and feb. she constantly loses 6, 7, 8lbs a week and she isnt even huge. We just expect her to win it now.
last night she admitted she never uses any syns and eats only plain foods (Jacket potato& salad etc) so when I heard that I didnt care- she can have her SOTW awards!,
I am going about it the right way for me, sticking to plan,eating my syns and not denying myself anything and I have lost a stone in 5 weeks, so happy days! I know Im doing a plan I can easily stick to when I get to goal.

Back