Rant

pebbles

Hi

I don't usually post anything personal, or that interesting really, i just tell you all, week to week what i have lost, and bits now and again.:eek:

I'm more of a listener than a talker,

But i will share this with you, about my husband moaning about having to go food shopping, is this unreasonable of me to get him to go for the weekly shop:mad:

It all started this morning around 7am, when he was ironing his shirt. He wanted to know why he was doing it insted of me, and then popped out, you wont even go food shopping:eek: i have to do that too.

For a second i felt like eating, i'm a comfort eater you see,:( but i did'nt, i blended that shake good and proper.:cool:

This diet is a struggle everyday, as we all know, and its made even harder by silly things that happen in our lives.Every day for me is a fight, so i do not want to add to this, by a silly row with my hubby [he's really a very good suportive hubby]

Today i have won :) and tommorow i will be even stronger,

Thanks xx

Guess he's probably just got out of bed the wrong side! You have done the right thing to vent your anger this way.

I'd remind him of why you are doing this and the benefits to the whole family. He will soon see these things for himself. Let him know how supportive you think he is and thank him for being extra supportive over the next few weeks.

My husband has been brilliant since seeing the results for himself and has even joined me. We are both happier. more confident and closer now than ever.

Dizzy x

Hi dizzy,

I think he did get out the wrong side of bed, he is like i say very supportive usually, he has lost 6 stone himself [by excersise] so he knows how hard having a weight problem is. xx

Hi

I don't usually post anything personal, or that interesting really, i just tell you all, week to week what i have lost, and bits now and again.:eek: GOOD GO AHEAD THATS WHAT WE'RE HER FOR ((HUGS))

I'm more of a listener than a talker,YOU LISTERN TO US AND HELP US TOO ;)

But i will share this with you, about my husband moaning about having to go food shopping, is this unreasonable of me to get him to go for the weekly shop:mad: MY OH DOESNT LIKE SHOPPING AND HE NEVER HARDLY COOKS AND I HAVE 3 YOUNG CHILDREN,ITS A MAN THING(not all men)

It all started this morning around 7am, when he was ironing his shirt. He wanted to know why he was doing it insted of me, and then popped out, you wont even go food shopping:eek: i have to do that too.ummm I HAVE ONE OF THOSE MEN,BUT I DONT LET HIM TALK TO ME LIKE THAT.IGNORE IT.GOD DIDNT PUT YOU ON THE EARTH TO BE HIS MOTHER!AND THEY CAN CHANGE MINE HAS :)

For a second i felt like eating, i'm a comfort eater you see,:( but i did'nt, i blended that shake good and proper.:cool: THATS PROBABLY WHY YOU ARE WHERE YOU ARE.....HE SHOULDNT TALK TO YOU LIKE THAT ((HUGS))

This diet is a struggle everyday, as we all know, and its made even harder by silly things that happen in our lives.Every day for me is a fight, so i do not want to add to this, by a silly row with my hubby [he's really a very good suportive hubby] But they get worried you'll lose the weight and get the confidence you'll leave then for someone else?Try and say to him I need your help with daily jobs as at this moment in time I really need to concentrate on me and get this weight loss job done!

Today i have won :) and tommorow i will be even stronger,
well done you...your doing fab......give hubby a hug later tell him you love him and I bet he'll melt

Thanks xx

Your doing fab xxc

Thanks a lot i'lldoit, men there quite funny creatures, expecially our husbands. [If you happen to be a man reading this, sorry]

xxx

Try not to let other peoples (even your other half) 'crap' get in the way of your goal! ;)
Sometimes men in our lives feel slightly worried when we start losing weight and feeling good about ourselves! ;) empowered i guess.

So.. hold on tight REMIND yourself of what you are achiving and only shop when you've just had a shake! ;) look at the high calories, high carbs.. and smile to yourself that you are GLAD you are not eating them.. as they'd make you FAT! :p

I still go weekly shopping with my DH and have to buy 'treats' for the kids etc, but manage to steer clear.. anytime i find one in my hand.. lets face it - it happens.. i look up the calories, and the carbs.. and soon put it down! :cool:

Let yourself be the strong women that you are deep inside! ;)

Hi pickles

I do all the cooking, as my hubby has never had to, and basically he carn't. I do not mind doing the cooking i just do not want to go food shopping, [i really hated it anyway]. I think he was just having a moan yesterday, [just like i was to all you]. He is again, sweetness and light, hahaha. Thanks purple hugs. xxxxx

I am sitting here reading all your wonderful replies to Pickles.

And I am thinking just how much this diet has changed my life.

My husband is here busy hoovering the stairs...that is probably cause the tumble weed is rolling down the stairs from the draft of open windowns...wooden floors are like that...carpets hold the dust and fluff, but wooden floors make it easy for the dust and fluff to roll across the room, where does it come from? It is only myself and husband here most of the time...mind you since I hung up my broom stick the house has not looked the same...never thought I could get to a place in my life that I could just leave it...

I have searched grave yards up and down the length and breath of this country and I have yet to see a head stone that says..."She Loved Housework"

Love Mini xxx

I have searched grave yards up and down the length and breath of this country and I have yet to see a head stone that says..."She Loved Housework"

Love Mini xxx
Lol Mini! that's funny.. sad thing is.. my sister in law.. when she passes.. will probably ASK For this on her's! :rolleyes: I mean it! :eek:

Pebbles, glad things are back to normality.. maybe next time he's ironing you could thank him.. let him know you appreciate it! ;)
he can come and do my ironing then! lol

I love house work and have the nickname Mrs buket, [you know her of keeping up apperences].

So i do all the cleaning, cooking ang ironing, 1 measley shirt he was doing at 7am, his own may i add.

My mum always said to me , nearly 20 years ago when i first met him, start as you mean to go on, i never listend. I was totaly besotted you see, first boyfriend when i was 17, spoilt him rotton. So know when i say can you do your shirt, or can you just go shopping, you would think i had said something obscene, hahha.

I may be 20 years late, but know im starting as i mean the other 20 to go. xxx

Hi mini

I also have wooden floors, where dose all that dust come from, i can hoover up to 3 times a day, and more will be swirling around in my hoover.

Tell your husband he is a star for hoovering, im not ready to hang up my broom just yet, but i am looking forwards to the day i say, oh ill put salt on that today, and do it tommorow. xxx

Hi Pebbles, Just an idea, but we do our shopping online and get it delivered! Its great, and easier to resist the temptation online than it is walking arounds smelling all the foods in the shop! After a few attempts at doing the onlune shop you can reorder from you favourites. I can get the shopping done online in 20 mins now, and then just sit in and wait for it to be delivered!

You can get lots of discount codes for places like tesco too to get free delivery etc. Saves either of you doing the weekly shop then!

It was probably him doing his own ironing that sparked it off. Ironing is always enough to make me grumpy. And shopping can be a drag.

I don't suppose he meant anything by it really - like you said it just popped out. It's a hard diet for us and I guess it's sometimes difficult for those around us too.

Well done for not caving in. That would have been the easy option.

Back