Raquel's daily diary.......my new life starts here!

Hey everyone

CDC visit was the best I have had so far, just that now I am feeling more in control of my eating and she could tell as soon as I walked in the door.

Decided to do 1000 cal this week, see where it takes me........and then maybe 1200 (the week of 8th aug), then move up to 1500 while I am campervaning round europe.......hopefully, get to goal slowly but surely.

I have decided 'control of my eating' is to be my goal, not a certain number on a scale.....too much pressure and really not that important in the scheme of things. Feeling good about myself and how I look is my priority and I do not want a pesky number to be a decider of that!

sounds like a good plan hun (similar to mine)
have every faith in you
x

You sound so focussed, well done you! The plans for Europe this summer look fantastic, in fact apart from the snails everything looks wonderful!

Hey everyone

CDC visit was the best I have had so far, just that now I am feeling more in control of my eating and she could tell as soon as I walked in the door.

Decided to do 1000 cal this week, see where it takes me........and then maybe 1200 (the week of 8th aug), then move up to 1500 while I am campervaning round europe.......hopefully, get to goal slowly but surely.

I have decided 'control of my eating' is to be my goal, not a certain number on a scale.....too much pressure and really not that important in the scheme of things. Feeling good about myself and how I look is my priority and I do not want a pesky number to be a decider of that!

great move forward for you hun! you sound so positive it's fabulous! you are more than a number on the scale, happy n healthy is just the ticket!

I love your travel plans they sound fab!

Hope you have a great day hun!

xxx

Hi everyone, im ireland visiting my other half family this weekend. Hard to sit with his old aunt with a shake, so will just eat 3 meals a day as sensibly as I can. Yesterday was, breakfast- granola with natural yogurt, lunch- chicken salad with roll. Dinner- baked potato with cheese and ham and side of stir fry veg, little cheesecake for dessert. Cheesecake was not made of cheese simply a little muffincake with jam filling, that his aunt made. Feel a little 'fat' but I think its my mind confusing me cos I am not having a cd meal as such. Determined not to slip back into old habits and mess with my head. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. :)

You little jet-setter you! how lucky you are going off on all these lovely trips, hope you are having fab time hun!
xx

Hi hun, ooh say hi to my home land for me :) You're so strong wth your new attitude of being in control instead of looking at the numbers. I need the numbers at the moment but can't wait to not be wathing them daily and feeling in control of what I put in my mouth.

Sounds lie you're having a lovely time in Ireland. What part are you in? I'm looking foward to beng there on Tuesday altho I have soooooo much on I'm not sure how I'll fit it all in lol.

Anyway great to see you sounding so positive. Don't let the food demons get the better of you lol. Hugs xxx

Hey everyone
Cheking in for this week.

HHad a lovel weekend with my oh's family in ireland. Glad tobe back home though, and lots to organise for our trip to europe.

Hopped on scale this morning, seemsto be up a little, but hoping with sticking to 1000 correctly, and having water (did not have anything nar what I should have) it will be up again soon.

Still feeling ok, I must admitI am not 'cured' and till have conflicting thoughts, but really trying my hardest to ignore those and not lead myself to a full on binge.....not easy I must say.

So today I am on net lookng fo aa european breakdown cover, my gosh is more pricey than I expected. Anyone know a good place for this? website?

Off to shopping shortly, gotta get my water and food for the next few days.

Will check in tomorrow

Raquel xoxo

Hi Raquel, wow, I go off on holiday and when I get back you seem to have your food life absolutely sussed. You know what, whilst on holiday I tried to eat sensibly, had a blip on the last day when we went to a carvery and I decided I would eat a couple of roast potatoes and I did have dessert when I was really full, but I managed to only put on 1.6lb and I am sure it was this last meal, and I am so pleased that I just managed to eat well the rest of the week and eat what everyone else was eating too.... so I know how you feel about eating properly and not worrying about the numbers on the scales, especially as since I have been home and continued to eat properly the scales are dropping to what they were before I went, so I also feel a bit more positive. Must admit, like you today I have conflicting thoughts, do I want to lose the extra weight or do I just want to continue with the eating I have done recently and maintain properly....
Glad you enjoyed Paris, how exciting, I remember eating snails years ago, I like them the first few times, but then I thought about what I was eating and just couldn't eat them any more... lol
We went to Dublin a few years ago, it was a great place, really enjoyed myself, glad you had a good time there and have fun touring Europe in a campervan, hope you still manage to make it on here though, would love to hear about your adventures.

Well done on your positive attitute and keep up the good work.

Thanks Green eyes, I really do want to try to have a 'normal' life following the 1000cd plan though at the moment makes it hard at times if I was to follow plan 100%. I really want to leave cd dieting with skills to prepare me for eating 'normally' and not going overboard/leading to a binge. Even now I am so close to line between saying no and binging some days its not even funny! So still gotta work on that.

Scales have not moved since gain, but after weighing yest. I had a mini binge on chocolates I got from kids at school, I just cant be trusted if I know they are around....silly me. It is like I saw the number and saw a gain and thought one or two wont hurt now, which lead to more like 10!

Oh well.....sitting at home today waiting for a package to arrive, we ordered a european breakdown kit for our car. Just found out Rob Thomas is touring australia too when I am home, so wrapped and looking into booking that.

An easy day hopefully, got a few things to do for trip, will pop to net cafe in arvo and see if I can see some sample itineries for van tours round europe.

Eating wise:
Breakfast: apple, pear and coffee
Lunch: cd bar and apple.
Dinner: Quorn mince, spinach, mushroom curry
Snack: froz tetra with berries (blueberries and raspberries)

And water water water!!!!!!!!!!!! Need to still get back on track with that.

Off to check everyones diaries, xoxoxo

Sounds like your doing well hon your food plan for today looks good..
Do you not always have a salad for lunch for me to have a green salad for lunch doesnt always interest me..
Hope you have a good day x

wow hun, touring Europe, I am just sooooo jealous!!
Even with a 19 month old, I think he'd love it too! (except sleeping at night lol!)

I think you are really addressing each issue as it arises and that is such a wise thing to do. You will get there, step by step, like we all will. We have come back here day after day, time after time, and after those little blips, and that shows our determination. We haven't dropped off the site never to be seen again, we face it head on, admit it, and we look for advice and carry on - and to me this is a huge thing.

You are doing so well hun, and you will get to goal!
Are you taking packs with you around Europe?xx

Sounds like your doing well hon your food plan for today looks good..
Do you not always have a salad for lunch for me to have a green salad for lunch doesnt always interest me..
Hope you have a good day x

Hey Curly
I tend to not have a salad for lunch. I few green leaves in a bowl feels a bit pointless to me to be honest.....same as you does not interest me at all.

wow hun, touring Europe, I am just sooooo jealous!!
Even with a 19 month old, I think he'd love it too! (except sleeping at night lol!)

I think you are really addressing each issue as it arises and that is such a wise thing to do. You will get there, step by step, like we all will. We have come back here day after day, time after time, and after those little blips, and that shows our determination. We haven't dropped off the site never to be seen again, we face it head on, admit it, and we look for advice and carry on - and to me this is a huge thing.

You are doing so well hun, and you will get to goal!
Are you taking packs with you around Europe?xx

I guess that is true Alex's mummy.....it must be something if I am still here on the board after all the struggles, I do want this! just taking me a lot longer than others cos of all the blips in the road.

Not sure re: packs taking them with me? Plan with cdc is to move to 1200 this sat, then 1500 while I am away, possibly without the packs, if I am going for 2 months , 1 pack a day on 1500 is still 60 or so sachets, or bars, thats a lot! So not sure really.

any advice on this would be great. I am not sure mentally if I will be ready to let go od cd product completely in 2 weeks time?

HI Raquel...

Wow, plans look great! I envy you, and you seem so ready for the challenge I know it will be amazing. You have done so well and deserve this adventure... go for it!

xxx

Checking in for the arvo

Foodwise, going as planned (shock horror!) with no straying from plan.

So far:
Breakfast: stewed apple (tiny spoon of greek yog) and coffee
Snack: pear
Lunch: cd bar and cappucino

Coming up for rest of day:
Snack: stewed apple (spoon of yog)
Dinner: Quorn with mushroom and spinach curry
Snack: froz tetra with berries

So far so good, trying with the water and keeping mind off snacking!

Back