Rasp and cranberry bars

lola123

Silver Member
I picked mine up last night from LLC and they are harder than before they used to be quite chewy but these nearly broke my teeth. I made biscuits out of the other half of it and that did the trick. As anyone else noticed this change.

Hi BL, I cut them into inches then microwave for 1/2 minute or until soft then get the back of a spoon press tehm down and make them into biccie shapes leave for 5 mins then I have them with a cup of green tea delish, hope this helps I have them every night and really look forward to them.

Hi BL, I cut them into inches then microwave for 1/2 minute or until soft then get the back of a spoon press tehm down and make them into biccie shapes leave for 5 mins then I have them with a cup of green tea delish, hope this helps I have them every night and really look forward to them.

Oooh! Nice one! I will be having them with my hot chocolate tonight!! Thanks Lola!!! X

yes they are blooming hard now !! not good enough for the money

Lola! Thanks so much for that tip - those are GORGEOUS as cookies!! Reallly nice! Much nicer the the toffee or lemon, to my taste anyway! My new favourite. Thanks a lot! :)

I've had one tonight, I thought they were softer than usual LOL

Will have to give the biscuits a try!

I've had one tonight, I thought they were softer than usual LOL

I reckon you got a fresh batch!! hehhe Mine last night was hard as a rock, I had to lean over on to the knife with my weight to cut it!!! LOL Once 'baked' thugh were lovely and soft and chewy!

have just tried them as a biscuit (and my first time having a bar) and think I have just tasted heaven!!

I think the taste has changed a bit recently, and, blimey, thought I'd broken my front teeth yesterday! Biscuits might just be the way forward; thanks for the tip!

Is it just a Scottish problem or is there a national shortage of these rasp and cranberry bars ? We were all rationed today - which is tough going. Seems a shame that LL members can't access from other nearby groups if their own has run out.

Similar thread, but slightly different. i got my usual ration of peanut and cranberry bars this week, just had the peanut one and it's MINGING!!! Had a really bitter taste, I mean these are the new peanut ones, not the horrid old flat ones. I've left half of it! I usually love them, and I'm worried incase the other ones I have in the fridge are rotten as well! The sell by date is august 08, so no probs there!

Anyone else had the problem with these? They're normally lovely and sweet, but even this one looks a bit darker??!! Soooo upset!!

I thought Id give it a go microwaving an R&C bar to soften it up.

BIG MISTAKE!!

Left it 40 secs - didnt look like much difference.

By 50 seconds it turns into some kind of weird thermonuclear exploding sugar device, guaranteed to render anyone in the vicinity incapacited for quite some time!!!! Luckily id only put two little pieces in just to try out.

Even a good minute or so after taking the plate out of the microwave, the lumps were still giving out a very menacing hissing sound. Im gonna wait a good half hour before I go anywhere near them :eek::eek:

Petey - best way to do it, is 30 seconds max in the microwave (I have an 850w microwave), bring them out and press down with the back of a spoon, leave to cool for 5 minutes then eat - absolutely delicious.

When you take them out - they won't look as though anything has happened, but trust me - they have been nuked enough

Back