Raspberry leaf tea - mind blank moment!

fizzstar

bye bye belly
Ive been told RL tea is ok, whilst on 100% TFR. But, i've just been sat reading through, having a little bit of a feel sorry for me moment, thinking but its fruit tea? Surely? Its not a leaf tea, its fruit?

Can someone please answer me this? I've been drinking it even though I failed and i've got the taste for it and wouldnt be without now. Im hoping back on the LT very shortly, but want to know if I can drink RL still, just money issues at the moment. Im investing in some ketostix too this time around. Feeling very prepared x

Its been a couple of years since I did LT, but I would be inclined to think along the same lines as yourself, thats its not allowed as its not a leaf tea, but I am sure someone will come along that is more up on the knowledge of LT. Sorry I couldn't help any more.

Good luck with your journey, it definitely has amazing results.

No it's def isn't allowed, no fruit tea, only normal black tea nettle tea green tea peppermint tea. That's what I was told when I was trained as a LT advisor xx

Raspberry leaf tea.... Is made from the leaves of the raspberry plant.... Leaf teas are allowed, fruit teas made from the fruit is not...

I always found it confusing, and although tried it, didn't like it as much as peppermint, so didn't look into it any further...

So... I havntbeen able to answer u either really lol sorry xx

I really don't know I'm sorry. If it were allowed, I'd get some I think. Can't bear the peppermint (unless added to a choc shake), and could do with a bit more variety. I'm loving my green tea at the moment though :) xx

:D I will ask the chemist when I go next... it just hit me, in the early hours... but I was drinking it whilst on LT (only for 6 days!!) ohh I hope it is allowed.... I see the logic of its made from raspberry leafs but its raspberry and thats a fruit... how confusing! The box (bought from H&B make is health & heather) says..

Energy 19kj / 4kcal
Protein 0.1g
Carbs 1.0g
Fat <0.1g

* based on one bag brewed in 200ml of freshly boiled water for 3-5minutes...

Even more confused now :D

Its been a couple of years since I did LT, but I would be inclined to think along the same lines as yourself, thats its not allowed as its not a leaf tea, but I am sure someone will come along that is more up on the knowledge of LT. Sorry I couldn't help any more.

Good luck with your journey, it definitely has amazing results.

hey its made from the leaf of the plant not the berries therefor allowed, i emailed lipotrim about this and they gave it the ok, any LEAF tea is allowed:D

No it's def isn't allowed, no fruit tea, only normal black tea nettle tea green tea peppermint tea. That's what I was told when I was trained as a LT advisor xx

rasberry leaf from holland and barrat isnt made from fruit hun, its allowed but not the regular supermarkets brands as they are made from the berry

Raspberry leaf tea.... Is made from the leaves of the raspberry plant.... Leaf teas are allowed, fruit teas made from the fruit is not...

I always found it confusing, and although tried it, didn't like it as much as peppermint, so didn't look into it any further...

So... I havntbeen able to answer u either really lol sorry xx

this is the same as lipotrim told me in the reply :D
:D I will ask the chemist when I go next... it just hit me, in the early hours... but I was drinking it whilst on LT (only for 6 days!!) ohh I hope it is allowed.... I see the logic of its made from raspberry leafs but its raspberry and thats a fruit... how confusing! The box (bought from H&B make is health & heather) says..

Energy 19kj / 4kcal
Protein 0.1g
Carbs 1.0g
Fat <0.1g

* based on one bag brewed in 200ml of freshly boiled water for 3-5minutes...

Even more confused now :D

hey hun its deffo alllowed email them and they will say so thats what i did i cant live without it lol i hate peppermint

and its gorge cooled and mixed with choc shake raspberry choc yummy

hi all ive emailed lipotrim again today to double check, ive copied and pasted it for you here to clear up an confusion

Sent: 21 January 2011 16:20
To: [email protected]
Subject: tea

hello i emailed about 6 months ago asking if i can drink raspberry LEAF not the berry one its you herbal one you can buy in halland and barret and only made from the leaf of the plant, i got a reply from yourselves saying yes its fine, so ive been using it with no bad results but im finding a lot of people are saying its a big NO NO, can i just ask again to make sure as im confused now
natalie

heres the reply i got today

"Dear Natalie.
You can have any tea that is from the leaf of the plant, so your raspberry LEAF tea is ok. You can not have raspberry root ,flower or fruit.
Another example is Fennel Leaf tea is ok but Fennel Root is not.

Hope all clear.
Regards

Val"

so ive now had the same kind of reply from two people at lipotrim, i sent the email to the male advisor that i spoke to lastime, and got a reply from a lady today

so anyone who wants to drink it can go ahead, its fine yayyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Nat :) Shall have to buy some and give it a whirl :) xx

Eeeek Thanks Nat!!! I cant go without it now, its yummy yum!! :D xxxx

ooh very handy thread thanks to everyone that helped clear it up for us. i was looking at it today and wasnt sure so ill now go and get some to try :)

If anyone is missing a 'sweet' type dilute juice - this is perfect, ive just tried because i'm finding new flavours, mashed 3 bags in a big pint cup, and added 3 sweetners to it. Let it go lukewarm and put it in the fridge (this morning) - just had it, it tastes no different to blackcurrant dilute just alot more flavourful! Very strong :D

And candrel (canderal?) [sweetners!] are on offer at co-op (in FP nats) at 44p, half price :) Not sure for how long but bought 5 packs - as the co op near me its 1.99 for a packet!!!!

If anyone is missing a 'sweet' type dilute juice - this is perfect, ive just tried because i'm finding new flavours, mashed 3 bags in a big pint cup, and added 3 sweetners to it. Let it go lukewarm and put it in the fridge (this morning) - just had it, it tastes no different to blackcurrant dilute just alot more flavourful! Very strong :D

And candrel (canderal?) [sweetners!] are on offer at co-op (in FP nats) at 44p, half price :) Not sure for how long but bought 5 packs - as the co op near me its 1.99 for a packet!!!!

oooh thanks gina love, ill deffo try that, i did make some strong once and let it cool and mixed with water but as dilute but was rank so im deffo gona make some up like yiu have later for the morning,:D

ohhhh and ill go get some of those too, they are a lot at our co-op, ill pop down

I may indulge too, my obsession with peppermint is starting to fade! And mixing with the choc shake actually sounds delicious!

I may indulge too, my obsession with peppermint is starting to fade! And mixing with the choc shake actually sounds delicious!

oh its is lovely, trust me yum

im off to buy some raspberry leaf tea tomorrow.... it sounds great :)

What type of raspberry leaf tea are you buying?
The only ones i have seen have apple pomade in the ingredients..and i'm sure this isn't allowed?
The juice does sound yummy though!

However, in saying that, we are allowed earl grey tea (it even says it on the lipotrim bag) yet earl grey is flavoured with bergamot, which is a citrus fruit grown for its essential oils.... it's all very confusing!!!!

The raspberry leaf tea I got from tesco is the Clipper variety, organic but ingredients says it contains hibiscus, nettle and rosehip...any ideas if thats ok?

Back