Rattymum's Food Diary - Extra Easy

rattymum

Hi everyone! I've decided to start a new thread as I'm now following EE not Red days. I'm back again after falling off the wagon over the Christmas period and before that! I unfortunately put on a lot of the weight I lost. I started back on 5th Jan 2012 and I'm determined to do it this time! Weddings seems to be the motivation this year. I've attended one already and I've one in April to go to and I'm bridesmaid for my friend in July, so I've got to do well! I thought I would share my food diary with you all again. I'm glad to be back! I decided to join a SW class as I thought it would help me and I find staying for Image Therapy really helps. I'm following the EE plan.

Friday 24th Feb 2012

B: Magic porridge with summer fruits - 35g porridge oats (HexB), Muller yoghurt mixed with summer fruits
Snack: Pink grapefruit
L: Cold cooked chicken breast, filled with 1 LCEL cheese triangle (1syn) and 25g chorizo (2.5syns), wrapped in bacon with mixed salad, pickled onion, beetroot and boiled egg
S: Mixed fruit - melon, pineapple and mango
S: Sweet n Sour mugshot
D: Spaghetti Bolognese
Drinks: Diet pepsi, water and tea/coffee (using milk from HexA allowance)

Syns: 3.5

Hello everyone! Hope you're all having a good week so far. I'm a Thursday weigher, but have had a good few days so far. For 2 weeks running I've had a gain, so I'm not happy and I'm determined to have a loss this week. I sometimes find weekends a struggle, but think I've done ok. Haven't updated since Friday, so here's what I've had in the last few days:-

Sat 25th Feb

B: 35g Porridge oats (HexB) with 100ml milk (part HexA) and water, grated apple, cinnamon and summer fruits
S: pink grapefruit
L: Omelette with ham, pepper, cheese and onion with some beetroot and pickled onions - 5 syns for the cheese
S: muller yoghurt
D: Chinese takeaway - Chicken & green pepper in black bean sauce with plain noodles - 5 syns
Drinks: Tea/coffee, water & diet pepsi - milk allowance HexA.

Syns: 10

Sun 26th Feb:

B: 2 boiled eggs with 2 ryvita (Hex B) & marmite followed by a muller yoghurt
S: pink grapefruit
L: Had a very late lunch as we were out for the day - mugshot and an apple
D: Pork loin steaks with roasted veg couscous, followed by a muller yoghurt
Drinks: tea/coffee - milk from allowance HexA

Mon 27th Feb

B: 2 weetabix with milk (HexA) and a banana
S: Grapefruit
L: 2 x mugshots, spicy sweet n sour flavour & a muller yoghurt
S: apple
D: Jacket potato with veg chilli & 30g cheese - 5 syns
Drinks: tea/coffee (milk from allowance HexA)

Syns: 5

It seems to be a year of weddings for me this year! I've been to one already this month and i put on a 1lb after that so not bad, but I have one to go to in April and then the biggie is the one in July in which I'm a bridesmaid for one of my friends! In the past, I've found it quite a struggle to get motivated, so now after last Thursday's weigh-in in which I had a gain, I gave myself a talking to and said that if I want to look how I want to look and feel how I want to feel, or at least come anywhere close to it, then I have to knuckle down! The next wedding is on Easter Saturday, so I've set myself a mini target to lose another 10.5lbs by then, which added to the 3.5lbs I've already lost, will make it a stone. I would feel happy with that and it would be nice to be 12st-something and not 13st-something!! LOL x

Afternoon! Well I'm on an unplanned day off today, as my little girl was poorly most of the night which means I didn't get any sleep either. As I've been tending to my daughter, I've not had a lot to eat so far today - a muller yoghurt and a cold leftover pork loin steak. It was not how I'd planned the day, but I have made a huge pot of superspeed soup which is just about cooked, so I will have some for lunch and I plan to have gammon, sw chips and mushy peas for dinner later. Not many speed food today, but I will have some fruit to bump that up a bit and hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow.

Hi! Not been on here for a couple of days, but I've had an eventful week between my daughter being poorly, then her having to go to a & e yesterday (ended up being a non-emergency thankfully, but was a bit stressful at the time). On top of that, both myself and the OH have caught our daughter's bug!! Great!?! I haven't eaten properly since last night. I went to weigh-in tonight and I lost 4.5lbs which is fab! I'm hoping that being good up until last night has contibuted to most of that and not just the vomiting I had to endure last night! However, I'm hoping to be good this week and not over-compensate because I was ill. I was told in class tonight that if i gain next week it will probably be fluid gain rather than fat gain! Here's to a good week! And good luck to the other Thursday weighers!! x

Diary update

Tues 28th Feb

B: Muller yogurt
S: A cold leftover pork loin steak
L: Superspeed soup, 3 ryvita, 2 laughing cow extra light (Hex A)
S: 2 slices of lean ham
D: Gammon steak, mashed potatoes (with a couple of dashes of milk - 1 syn) and mushy peas
Drinks: tea x 1 (milk - 1 syn) and water

*I'm a bit unsure on whether you can mix milk and cheese for your Hex A allowance, i.e. if you only use some of your cheese allowance, like I've done above, can you use milk for the rest of your allowance or keep it separate and syn it? I've synned the milk just to be on safe side.

Wed 29th Feb

B: Porridge Oats 35 g (HexB), muller yoghurt, summer fruits
S: Banana
L: Superspeed soup & a muller yoghurt
S: Apple, Milky Way (6 syns)
D: Was meant to be a jacket potato, baked beans and cheese (Hex A), but I could literally only manage about 5-6 mouthfuls before turning it away! I went sick later that night.
Drinks: tea/coffee x 3 (3 syns for milk)

Thurs 1st March - Weigh day - Lost 4.5lbs

Still did not feel right today, so been sipping water all day. I've had a couple of cups of tea, some toast with jam, some melon and 4 choc digestive biscuits all day. Hoping I will be ok to start afresh tomorrow

x

Hello everyone! Hope you're all having a good week.

Diary update:-

Friday 2 March

B: 2 weetabix & milk (HeB & HeA)
S: grapefruit
L: 2 x mugshots; Muller yoghurt
D: 2 x toast - 6syns; butter - 3.5syns; Jam - 1syn
Drinks: tea/coffee (HeA) & water
I was still feeling a bit icky after having the bug, so I didn't eat a lot today.
Syns: 10.5

Sat 3 March

B: Grapefruit
Brunch: 2 eggs; 3 ryvita - HeB; 3 light cheese triangles - 4.5syns
D: Jkt Potato; Ham; Beans; 50g cheese - HeA + 4syns
Drinks: Tea/coffee/diet pepsi/water
Syns: 8.5

Sun 4 March

B: grapefruit; 35g porridge oats(HeB); apple; cinnamon; summer fruits
L: roast veg soup
D: roast pork, mash potato, carrots, peas, gravy - 2syns, apple sauce - 2syns
Syns: 4

Mon 5 March

B: 2 weetabix - HeB; milk - HeA; banana; tsp sugar - 1syn
L: 2 x mugshots; muller yoghurt
Treat: 3 x small chocs - 6syns
D: Jkt pot; Veg chilli; 40g cheese - 8syns (i think?)
Drinks: tea/coffee(HeA)/water
Syns: 15

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I'm afraid to say that I've had quite a "picky" week so far which I'm putting down to it being time of month :-( and I've not been as organised as last week, not been planning meals as I was before... Just hope I've done well enough to still have a loss tomorrow night...?

Diary Update

Tues 6th March

B: Cold hard boiled egg; 2 x weetabix; milk (HeA); sugar - 1 syn
S: Banana; 1 x custard cream - 3 syns
Snack after work: cold hard boiled egg
D: Chicken breast; 2 x light cheese triangles - 3 syns; 20g chorizo - 2 syns; parma ham - 2 syns; roasted veg cous cous - 0.5 syns
Drinks: tea/coffee(HeA)/water/diet pepsi
Syns: 11

Wed 7 March

B: 2 x weetabix; milk (HeA); sugar - 1 syn; cold hb egg
S: apple; banana
Treat: Curly Wurly - 6 syns
After work snack: cold hb egg
D: Jkt potato; ham; beans; cheese - 5 syns
Drinks: tea/coffee(HeA)/water/diet pepsi
Syns: 12

Diary has not been very varied at all this week, but I think it's down to me not being very organised and not meal planning. I didn't feel 100% until Sunday to be honest. Will see what the scales tell me tomorrow. Good luck to the other Thursday weighers - and everyone else weighing this week x

Hi everyone! Well tonight is weigh-in... really hoping I've done well enough to lose this week despite going out on Saturday night with the girls!..... Had a huge shock on Sunday when I discovered how many syns I'd consumed! I should've known better, but there we are... I will know next time.... Here is update so far....

Thur 8 March

B: Muller yoghurt; half a mug of tea
S: Mixed fruit (melon/mango/pineapple); cold sausage - 5 syns
L: Mug shot
S: Curly Wurly - 6 syns
D (after weigh-in): Spag Bol with garlic bread (not sure how many syns for garlic bread)

Syns: 11 + the garlic bread
Put on half a pound at weigh-in

Fri 9 March

B: Magic porridge with summer fruits; banana
S: grapefruit and orange
L: Roasted veg soup; muller yoghurt
S: mixed fruit (melon/mango/pineapple); carrot batons
T: 2 x small chocs - 3 syns
D: Chinese takeaway - Chicken with black bean sauce & rice - 5 syns
Drinks: tea/coffee (HeA)

Syns - 8

Sat 10 March

B:Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
S: muller yoghurt; grapefruit & orange
L: Superspeed soup; 3 ryvita; 3 light cheese triangles (He A & B)
Girls night out: Wetherspoons Chicken, Chorizo & Spinach Pasta with garlic bread - 44 syns!!!!!!! Ooops!; 3 x half lagers; 6 x tia maria & diet coke - 41 syns!!

Syns - Err... way too many!!!

Sun 11 March

B: Orange and Grapefruit; muller yoghurt
L: Chicken; mash; carrots; parsnips; petit pois; gravy (Syns ??) - not sure about syns for gravy as went to in-laws for lunch
Light tea: 3 ryvita; 3 light cheese triangles; marmite; muller

Syns - only for gravy?

Mon 12 March

B: 2 x weetabix; milk; tsp sugar - 1 syn (HeA & B)
S: Grapefruit & orange
L: roast veg soup; muller
S: apple; 1 gherkin
D: Pork chops with some homemade veg pasta bake

Tues 13 March

B: 2 x 400g bread; 2 eggs; baked beans
Drinks: tea/coffee (HeA) + M & S cappucino (actually ordered a normal coffee, but they did a capp for me! Grrr! Queue way too long to take it back, so i drank it!! Syns - 5)
S: banana
D: chicken; chorizo (1.5 syns); bacon; cheese triangle (1.5 syns); couscous (0.5 syn); pickled onions; muller

Syns - 8.5

Wed 14 March

B: 2 x weetabix; milk; banana;
S: Grapefruit & orange
L: 2 x mugshots; carrots sticks; muller
Drinks: tea/coffee/water
D: Butternut squash & red lentil curry with SW chips

Thurs 15 March

B: 2 x weetabix; sugar - 1 syn; milk; tea
L: Planning to have an egg & salmon salad with pickles and beetroot; muller yoghurt

Good luck everyone who's weighing in today xx

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Just updating diary for the last week. Went to a friend's house for dinner on Sat night. Tried to work out syns as best as I could and I think it was around 60-70! Sunday was Mother's Day so we had a chinese. Really had to claw it back a bit on Mon, Tues, Wed & today ready for weigh-in tonight. Fingers crossed..... Good Luck to everyone else weighing today....

Fri 16 March

B:Magic porridge with muller yoghurt & strawberries (HeB)
S:Melon & orange
L:Jkt potato with baked beans and bacon; diet pepsi
S: carrots; apple
D:Mugshot; 2 x hb eggs; some leftover smoked salmon; some chorizo(1.5); muller - strange combination I know, but I was in a picky mood, and not that hungry after a big lunch
T:Tried the new choc phili on some ryvita - 30g choc phili - 4.5syns; 2 x ryvita 1.5
Drinks: tea/coffee/water (HeA Allowance for tea/coffee)

Syns: 9

Sat 17 March

B:Bacon; scramble egg; beans
L:Mugshot; some smoked salmon; strawberries & muller
D:At friend's house (indoor bbq type) - 1 x lager; 1 x small wine; 1 x sausage(grilled); Half a minute steak(grilled); half a pitta; Roasted new pots (think had oil on them?); Meatballs in tomato sauce(no idea on syns plus think it had oil in it?); approx a tbsp of coleslaw, beetroot salad & potato salad and salad (lettuce, tom, cuc & carrots); Apple pie & custard. At a guesstimate after looking through FO book - I would say 60-70 syns, could be closer to 80 if i knew the syns in the meatballs.

Sun 18 March

B: 2 x bh eggs; 3 x ryvita (HeB); 2 x Light cheese triangles; marmite
S: Melon & orange
L: didn't really eat lunch so had a quarter of a chicken/mayo/celery sandwich at in-laws - 5syns?
D: Chinese - Roast duck in Plum Sauce (Syns??); plain rice
S: 1 x breadstick (1syn)

Mon 19 March

B: 2 x weetabix; milk; tsp sugar (1syn)
S:Melon & orange
L:Superspeed soup; muller
S:Apple
Went to Zumba tonight, so ate nothing before going
D:After Zumba - Mugshot(1.5syns - not the usual one I have); some ham & 2 x breadsticks (2syns)
Drinks: tea/coffee/water

Syns: 4.5

Tues 20 March

B:2 x weetabix; milk; tsp sugar (1 syn)
S:Orange & melon
L:Couscous (0.5 syn); Ham; beetroot; pickled onions; carrots; tomatoes; muller
S:Carrot sticks
D:pork loin steaks with roasted new pots (in fry light) & mushy peas (this was simple but lush!!)
T: Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Syns - 7.5

Wed 21 March

B:2 x weetabix; milk; tsp sugar (1 syn)
S: 2 x oranges
L: Salad (lettuce, tom, carrot); beetroot; pickled onion; gherkins; tuna; EL mayo (1 syn); cold new potatoes; 1 egg; muller
S: carrot sticks
D:Chicken curry (made with mushy pea curry sauce) & rice. Added some onion, mushrooms and peppers to the chicken & sauce. Had some strawberries with a tsp sugar later on. (1 syn)
Picked on two slices of parma ham whilst cooking (1 syn). OH doesn't like the mushy pea curry, so used his chicken to make something else.

Syns - 4

Thur 22 March

B:Magic porridge with summer fruits and strawberries (HeB)
L:Mugshot, slice of ham and 3 x breadsticks(3 syns)

I think I will have an omelette tonight after weigh-in....

Last edited:
Back