Re-assurance needed.....

Deezer

Gold Member
First let me apologise for my ramble...

No wthis is weird as i KNOW this is because i'm feeling poorly... But instead of my second shake i just had a tin of soup... another day ruined!!!

So my question is do you ever feel like you've gone as far as you can with the diet!!! Don't get my wrong and i know that its because i'm feeling down in the dumps but I'm having all those usual feelings.... as my weight loss seems to have halted i keep thinking with my running and exercising i could get the weight off with healthy eating (Which i cant... as i cant yet trust myself!!!)

Other than my holiday, which was obviously a planned break... i havent come off like this... and i feel like a massive failure.... getting back on feels really daunting!!!

I desperately need to get back on but i feel dreadfull!!!!!

XXX

Don't be so harsh on yourself Dee, LT is the hardest and toughest diet there is and you can be proud of yourself that you already managed to keep to it for 15 weeks! So, you had a can of soup. It's done, you're not the first and won't be the last to eat something.... Just remember, you're going from flab to fab and keep in mind the feeling you have now about having the soup. The force is with you :), you CAN DO IT AND BE 100% TFR! x

Hey you ! ... You for so long have been a source of encouragement to many people on here, including me. You are stronger than this and you know it girl. Youve had a can of soup ... tough ****, nowt you can do about that , pick yourself up, forget about it and kick on. You know you have this in you to succeed. Read through some of the older posts and get yourself positive again. You will do this. x

Dee, please don't let this tiny blip affect you too much. You need to remember how far you have come and how easily you can get to the end and be the size and weight you want to be.
Yes you maybe could do it with healthy eating and exercise but you know you won't do it fast enough given your expectations of losing quickly via LT!
Beetroot and soup are not going to completely sabotage your efforts - pick yourelf up and move on and get right back on that LT horse!
It's only because you don't feel well that you have blipped and my guess is it has actually made you feel worse - not better - so hold onto that thought and use it if you think of straying again.
You have done so so well and are such a shining beacon of inspiration to the rest of us but you know what - you are HUMAN and have just proved that by eating the soup lol

Hope you feel better soon hun and feel back to your amazing positive self - a trailblazer for LT!!!!!!!!!! x x x

Deezer I wouldn't worry about it god how I admire that your blip was only beetroot and soup if that was me I would of eat the whole fridge and given up but instead you shared your story with us all! Keep going girl just look in the mirror, you feel this good now how are you going to feel when you are at goal??

A wise person said "All them nice things will be there when you get to goal" :) It's 6 weeks until Christmas and think of that lovely dress you can wear christmas day!!

I would not focus on the numbers on the scale when you think about it your body losses weight at different stages it doesnt know oh its a week so I need to lose. I went to bootcamp for months and never lost any weight but by god I could feel my body toning up and I just focused on that feeling instead of the scales.

I really hope you are happy in what ever you decide x

Dee hun, I soooo feel for you coz I've just come out the other end of blip-mode! And it took me three flippin' weeks to see sense!! So it's done now, you can't undo it but please please please don't feel like a failure. You are anything but, girl!! Look how far you've come and what you've achieved. Just go back over all the positive posts you sent to others when they were feeling down about faltering. I know how much you helped me to get through round one! You've not "ruined" another day sweetie. Your body just went on auto-pilot for half an hour due to feeling poorly, but now your head is back in the driver's seat. Look back on all the pics you've taken and see how well on your way to that fab new body you are. YOU CAN DO IT, OH YES YOU CAN!!! Sending you positive vibes from across the sea! :vibes: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dee, YOU CAN DO THIS!! I would bet you haven't even knocked yourself out of ketosis. Your not feeling well. Your body has maybe just needed a little something else to keep you going for the moment. Bet in days gone by the damage would have amounted to a hell of a lot more than a tin of soup. I personally don't think you have reached the end. I think your run down and tired and maybe needing a wee time out but I very much believe you can come back fighting and see this through. Please please please don't worry about this. Just go back to hour by hour and go with what you think you need to do to get through it. You are one of the strongest nicest most encouraging people I have ever been lucky enough to meet. So we are all here for you and no one is disappointed or thinks badly of you. Just keep the heed and stay calm. Loads of love and hugs. Xxxxx

You are in no way, shape or form a failure .. you are an inspiration, truly.

No journey in life is without hitches, especially a dieting journey ... you've come to far to give up now, especially over a tin of soup. Yes you ate the soup and feel guilty, but imagine how you'd feel if you give up and get months down the line and think what if or where you'd be at that point had you carried on.

You've lost nearly a quarter of your body weight, which is amazing so ...Don't let a moment of madness turn into a lifetime of regret .. xx

hi dee , you have inspired so many of us , and you have come so far everyone of us here has a bad time at some stage . i would not have my first week over today only for you as i was really struggling the first few days , so chin up and rem every one has bad days , :wavey:

Hi Dee

I'm quite new to LT but have dieted before on SW and when I broke that diet it was with a giant packet of kettle chips and a big bag of haribos (and a litre of diet coke of course)!

I would say that a tin of soup "is" diet food. I reckon you could lose as much weight just eating 3 tins of soup a day instead of shakes (except you would be unhealthy as LT is a precise formula). So you haven't done anything more than deny your body a few vits and minerals... so I wouldn't worry about it as a one off.

Take the diet out of it for a moment and think about what you just did. You needed some food and you went for soup.. not chips or chocolate but soup! I think that shows someone who cares about what they put into their body, who is committed to doing the diet and who has already changed their eating behaviour for good.

If you really feel ready for a break (and 15 weeks is more than I've ever managed on a diet) then do it and do it properly so you dont' undo all your hard work.... but keep in mind that we're into the (overly long in my opinion) Christmas countdown... and temptation will be everywhere and it will probably be much harder to resist off the diet than on it.

Plus you have so many friends on here I doubt they'd let you leave :)

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Hear hear.....you're goin' NOWHERE girlfriend!! *wags finger & wriggles shoulders ghetto-style*
We'll hunt you down........not in a psycho stalker way of course! xxxxxxxxxx

Dee....I had this realisation earlier and it was shocking ....were reverting back to old habits when poorly/run down ...were going to comfort food again. We know that LT is hard to stick with at the healthiest of times. You've been so strong so far honey :) and a complete rock to me :)

Yesterday when you weren't feeling so naffy you said to me...come on girlie we CAN get to XMAS on this diet ;) ... and today I believe we CAN ....I'm thinking of perhaps having an extra shake today as I'm feeling off still....lets face it a shake isn't going to put any weight back on me. It will however keep me feeling fuller and give me that bit extra that I obviously need at the moment. As you've said yourself before tho Dee...you know when your happy with your weight and to start the next phase...unfortunately only you can answer if that phase is now ....or is it just feeling so poorly that has gotten you thinking like this? x x x Keep strong honey x x x

Well Dee... it's true what they say... what goes around, comes around :D You have been sooo positive to those who have had difficult moments/days/fallen completely off the wagon... and here it is, all coming back at you :D (We should start a Deezer Fan Club I think haha) Seriously though, read through some of those posts you have shared that made a difference to people, and remember what you really want more than anything. One tin of soup does not make anyone a massive failure... you would be the first to say that to anyone else... so please be kind to yourself xx

Simply, it comes down to 2 choices... One: you give up because you 'think' you've failed in a massive way (not so!) or two: you realise that your need to reach your target is wayyyy bigger than your need to stop now after you have come this far :) :) I think you're possibly feeling discouraged because you had to adjust your Christmas goal but hey, whatever you reach by then on a 100% is one heck of a different and lighter Deezer to last Christmas :D xx Love and hugs to our friend :bighug:

:)Hi Deezer,
I know you may feel down, I've had a few moments where I've felt like eating something or giving in. It's only natural, I'm sure you'll come through and realise that it's not a disaster.

Slow down your thoughts, as your mind will be racing and considering all sorts of scenarios (should I stop, have I failed etc!) non of which is true.

Stay positive and take it slowly, not too much focus on long term goals that seem far away.

Also I sure that too much exercise will slow down weight loss definitely. Cut back by half and you'll see results quicker.
It happened to me.

Take care :) xx

Dee,

Hiya. Don't feel sad or anything like that. It was only soup. Uv been an inspiration to me as a new starter and uv posted so many wonderful and encouraging things on here to help many peeps.now hopefully it's r turn to help u (if we can!)
I feel like I can't carry on everyday but then when I see u and others who have done it for a while it gives me confidence that I can do it.

U CAN do it Hun.we r all rooting for u.

Xx

So my question is do you ever feel like you've gone as far as you can with the diet!!!
Sorry if some of you disagree with this but yes, i think you do get to that stage. I sure did. Knowing i had a deadline because of holiday poss didn't help.
However Dee, is it that time or is it just a blip. Thats what you have got to work out.
Big hugs x x x

Don't be so harsh on yourself Dee, LT is the hardest and toughest diet there is and you can be proud of yourself that you already managed to keep to it for 15 weeks! So, you had a can of soup. It's done, you're not the first and won't be the last to eat something.... Just remember, you're going from flab to fab and keep in mind the feeling you have now about having the soup. The force is with you :), you CAN DO IT AND BE 100% TFR! x
Thank you!! x

Hey you ! ... You for so long have been a source of encouragement to many people on here, including me. You are stronger than this and you know it girl. Youve had a can of soup ... tough ****, nowt you can do about that , pick yourself up, forget about it and kick on. You know you have this in you to succeed. Read through some of the older posts and get yourself positive again. You will do this. x
Awww thanks Mark!! How are you getting on?? x

Dee, please don't let this tiny blip affect you too much. You need to remember how far you have come and how easily you can get to the end and be the size and weight you want to be.
Yes you maybe could do it with healthy eating and exercise but you know you won't do it fast enough given your expectations of losing quickly via LT!
Beetroot and soup are not going to completely sabotage your efforts - pick yourelf up and move on and get right back on that LT horse!
It's only because you don't feel well that you have blipped and my guess is it has actually made you feel worse - not better - so hold onto that thought and use it if you think of straying again.
You have done so so well and are such a shining beacon of inspiration to the rest of us but you know what - you are HUMAN and have just proved that by eating the soup lol

Hope you feel better soon hun and feel back to your amazing positive self - a trailblazer for LT!!!!!!!!!! x x x
Lol... Aww thank you!!! XX

Back