Re-Feeding On LT could someone tell me a bit more about it?

Hi Nixx,

Perhaps you might think of doing a refeed diet diary and include your healthy eating menus with it for others who follow behind in your foot steps can also learn along the way.

It would be something we could all learn from.

Love Mini xxx

LOL I'm following one posted by a member on the other site I mentioned - following it loosely but sticking within the guidelines. She posted what she ate for 2 weeks on refeed, but it is mostly fish/chicken/meat and salad or veg - no real recipes, if you know what I mean. Perhaps I'm just getting wound up about it because I've never really eaten meals like this - I've always preferred to cook something properly, not just grill a piece of meat etc.

I can post what I'm eating, but it's not very exciting because I'm too scared to do anything other than what someone else has tried and found to be successful! Day 4 is tomorrow, and I'm away camping, so it'll be a struggle but my DS is cooking us our first meal - cottage pie with vegemince - so I've told him "no added fat" and I'll have it without the mash! Barbies will be ok because I can just have some meat and salad, so I'm sure I'll be fine. I HOPE I'll be fine!

Hi Nixx,

I think the idea about keeping it simple and plain is not to over excite the taste buds too soon and that you can adjust to eating sensibly after been without food for so long.

Being careful with carbs as well so as not over load the glycogen stores.

Always good to plan ahead what your going to eat and to keep your water intake up and not allow yourself get over hungry.

I think we all like to see what others are eating, the curious factor I guess... As well as feeling well if this works for them than it can work for me too!

Losing weight is part one of the journey, learning how to keep it off is part 2.

Unfortunately by the time most dieters get to part two they disappear from cyber space leaving a vacuum behind of what it is all about.

Hopefully the more members who do manage to get to the second phase of their diet journey and do an account of their ups and downs along the way, for it will be for the good of themselves as well as for others, for they will have a record to look over that will help keep them on track as well as getting continued support which I believe is essential if not more so as the euphoria of the first phase of losing all that weight and getting to goal fades.

So much energy and commitment is put into the first phase of the diet, it can be difficult to muster the same energy for tackling the second phase.

I am sure you will be fine, enjoy your Barbie, I think we just might be getting our summer now.

Love Mini xxx

Reactions: Bea
Thats really brillant advice Mini... You are right there only appears to be a few on site the site that are at maint and are keeping posting....they are really inspirational as it helps to see that keeping if off can be done and this site is a great place to keep you on the wagon.

I plan (fingers crossed) to be at goal by end November/early December and am reading about the low GI diet at the moment...my Chemist recommended it as other LT'rs who go there have had great results post LT with this diet keeping to target weight...

I've done a week now and not put any weight on, so quite chuffed with that! If anyone wants, I can post what I've had, as I've written every little bit down. I've been very careful and carried on drinking the water too. I think it's a habit that'll stick with me now.

Thats really good Nixx - yes if you dont mind posting what you have had that will be a great help when we get to your stage!

OK, give me a few mins and I'll try to make sense of my scribbling!

Great Thread

Hi This thread is really interesting.......

I am doing CD and hope to SS to near Goal, due to going on holiday I will only have a week to start eating again, so I can go on holiday and hopefully not come home alot heavier than I went. The CD plans are brilliant, very very good, but I don't have the time to work through them 100% and when I return I hope to eat a low fat low GI diet 80% of the time with some CD meals as well. My family eat really healthy so I am hoping it will be ok........

I was/am worried about sudden wait gain when not following the plans to the end, so any tips to avoid this would be great.

Luv Chitty.... XXX

Here you go. I've not been eating as much as it tells you to on the refeed thingy (too scared!) but have been drinking all my water. I've not been hungry or craved any of my old favourites, and if you'd told me 4 months ago I'd be able to eat salad without half a jar of mayonnaise, or even look at framage frais, I'd have laughed my head off!

Day 1
LT vanilla shake with tsp coffee
4oz chicken, small bowl of salad with balsamic vinegar

Day 2
¾ tin tuna in brine, small bowl of salad and balsamic vinegar

Day 3
LT vanilla shake with tsp coffee and 1 cup black coffee
Prawns, small bowl of salad with lemon juice
3oz salmon, 2 oz new potatoes, tbsp leeks, tbsp mange tout, tbsp virtually fat free fromage frais (VFFFF) mixed with chives and chopped onion

Day 4
Prawns and salmon with small bowl of salad and lemon juice
Cottage pie – onion, carrot and celery, sweated til soft, vegemince, stock cube, peas, water, dried mixed herbs, topped with scoop of fat-free Smash (we were camping, my son was cooking!)
2 cups of coffee with skimmed milk

Day 5
Prawn salad with balsamic vinegar
Chicken breast, barbecued, small brown roll, salad, tbsp VFFFF with chives and chopped onion, celery and cucumber to dip
2tbsp VFFFF with 9 raspberries

Day 6
Small brown roll, grilled chicken, 2 ½ strawberries
Prawn salad
3 cups coffee with skimmed milk

Day 7
2 slices wholemeal oatmeal bread, grilled chicken
Chicken breast baked in home-made tomato sauce (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, fennel, passata, fresh basil)
2 tbs VFFFF with raspberries
1 cup coffee with skimmed milk

Hope that all makes sense. Just had smoked mackerel salad for lunch and it was fab! Honestly better than a Big Mac!

Last edited:
Best of luck Chitty - agree its a great thread...

Just a by the way.....I see one girl who goes to my Chemist - we seem to have our appointments at the same time and only was chatting to her on Saturday - she lost 6stone and has kept it off for 6 months now. She still uses the maintence bars and drinks a few days a week.. as she finds them really handy and help her deal with managing her food intatke.... She was overweight for nearly 20 years and still stugggles from time to time to control her eating pattens and sais the maintence stuff was great.....she's a real inspiration.....she looked so amazing...the photos on the site are brilliant but to see someone face to face that has lost so much is like WOW... Best of luck

I'm off on holiday soon too, Chitty, and to be honest am ok with what I weigh now, but would be happier having lost another half stone. I'm going to carry on with this til I go, then do my absolute best to behave while I'm away (barring vodka) and join Weight Watchers when I get back to help me lose that last bit and maintain. I just can't do it without some structure and boundaries. Good luck, however you do it - if you've done CD, you can do it!

Here you go. I've not been eating as much as it tells you to on the refeed thingy (too scared!) but have been drinking all my water. I've not been hungry or craved any of my old favourites, and if you'd told me 4 months ago I'd be able to eat salad without half a jar of mayonnaise, or even look at framage frais, I'd have laughed my head off!

Day 1

Day 2
¾ tin tuna in brine, small bowl of salad and balsamic vinegar

Day 3
LT vanilla shake with tsp coffee and 1 cup black coffee
Prawns, small bowl of salad with lemon juice
3oz salmon, 2 oz new potatoes, tbsp leeks, tbsp mange tout, tbsp virtually fat free fromage frais (VFFFF) mixed with chives and chopped onion

Day 4
Prawns and salmon with small bowl of salad and lemon juice
Cottage pie – onion, carrot and celery, sweated til soft, vegemince, stock cube, peas, water, dried mixed herbs, topped with scoop of fat-free Smash (we were camping, my son was cooking!)

Day 5
Prawn salad with balsamic vinegar
Chicken breast, barbecued, small brown roll, salad, tbsp VFFFF with chives and chopped onion, celery and cucumber to dip
2tbsp VFFFF with 9 raspberries

Day 6
Small brown roll, grilled chicken, 2 ½ strawberries
Prawn salad
3 cups coffee with skimmed milk

Day 7
2 slices wholemeal oatmeal bread, grilled chicken
Chicken breast baked in home-made tomato sauce (onion, garlic, celery, carrot, fennel, passata, fresh basil)
2 tbs VFFFF with raspberries
1 cup coffee with skimmed milk

Hope that all makes sense. Just had smoked mackerel salad for lunch and it was fab! Honestly better than a Big Mac!

That is great thanks, tell me did you go straight from shakes etc to this and what has your weight done this week if so........

I'm off on holiday soon too, Chitty, and to be honest am ok with what I weigh now, but would be happier having lost another half stone. I'm going to carry on with this til I go, then do my absolute best to behave while I'm away (barring vodka) and join Weight Watchers when I get back to help me lose that last bit and maintain. I just can't do it without some structure and boundaries. Good luck, however you do it - if you've done CD, you can do it!

I am about the same bmi as you and I to am nearly happy but no quite, I still need to lose more to have a buffer Zone, what I am now is what I would like my biggest to be if you know what I mean.

Have a great holiday are you going any where nice? Silly bloody question off course you are else you wouln't be going..........
WW is good, I like there points system, but it took to long for me when I started so CD worked fab. I think I will read up lots on low gi, low carb, healthy eating etc and then try weightlossresourses and cal count for a while see how it goes. I am going to be one of the 5 who keep it off, I love being slimmer and love buying slimmer clothes from all the shops..... No way am I going to pile it on again.
Thanks for the post, really thankful for the help.
Chitty XXXXX

Thanks Bea

Best of luck Chitty - agree its a great thread...

Just a by the way.....I see one girl who goes to my Chemist - we seem to have our appointments at the same time and only was chatting to her on Saturday - she lost 6stone and has kept it off for 6 months now. She still uses the maintence bars and drinks a few days a week.. as she finds them really handy and help her deal with managing her food intatke.... She was overweight for nearly 20 years and still stugggles from time to time to control her eating pattens and sais the maintence stuff was great.....she's a real inspiration.....she looked so amazing...the photos on the site are brilliant but to see someone face to face that has lost so much is like WOW... Best of luck

Thanks Bea and I agree it is great to see someone who has lost lots of weight. I think the whole concept of managing weight and using some of the shakes etc is good, CD do a trimmer bar I think which sounds good as it has 50% of the RDA of vitamins in it.

Ok, better dash need to get my daughter ready for a party, which she is going to be late for as she has just taken 1 hour to tidy her toys away........ Love my kids so much, but oh the joys of having them sometimes............................

Chitty XXXXXX

I am about the same bmi as you and I to am nearly happy but no quite, I still need to lose more to have a buffer Zone, what I am now is what I would like my biggest to be if you know what I mean.

Have a great holiday are you going any where nice? Silly bloody question off course you are else you wouln't be going..........
WW is good, I like there points system, but it took to long for me when I started so CD worked fab. I think I will read up lots on low gi, low carb, healthy eating etc and then try weightlossresourses and cal count for a while see how it goes. I am going to be one of the 5 who keep it off, I love being slimmer and love buying slimmer clothes from all the shops..... No way am I going to pile it on again.
Thanks for the post, really thankful for the help.
Chitty XXXXX

LOL yes, off to Alcudia. Can't wait - my first "proper" holiday for 4 years.

I love being "normal" again too - just being able to pick up a size 10 and know it will fit is great. Having a bulging wardrobe to choose from instead of putting on the same old "fat clothes" every day.

I've looked into all the other diets too but I really do need the structure of a class, and I know WW works for me, so off I go. My sister has just packed in being a leader so is coming to classes with me to keep herself on the straight and narrow too, so that should be a really good help for me.

Good luck, and keep reading and posting. I think remembering what we were and how hard it was to get here will help, as will reading how other people are doing on here.

Your welcome DD. Hope it helps, although I know there's not much variety on it as I'm just too scared to start eating some stuff just yet.

Sonya, we're going to the Lagotel. I went 4 years ago and it was great, so hoping it's not changed too much! Will be lying sunbathing on my tummy so as not to show my jelly belly!

LOL yes, off to Alcudia. Can't wait - my first "proper" holiday for 4 years.

I love being "normal" again too - just being able to pick up a size 10 and know it will fit is great. Having a bulging wardrobe to choose from instead of putting on the same old "fat clothes" every day.

I've looked into all the other diets too but I really do need the structure of a class, and I know WW works for me, so off I go. My sister has just packed in being a leader so is coming to classes with me to keep herself on the straight and narrow too, so that should be a really good help for me.

Good luck, and keep reading and posting. I think remembering what we were and how hard it was to get here will help, as will reading how other people are doing on here.

Alcudia looks lovely, I must admit I didn't know where it was so gooled it and it looks lovely. And you'll have to lay on your back as well else you look mulit colour and you'll get more stares from that than a jelly belly. Have you tried slendertone, I got the slendertone max about 4 weeks ago and use it on average 4-5 times a week and it really does work. My tummy is far far from perfect and my stretch marks look like I've had major surger, (ok slight exagheration there), but after the weight loss I can't grumble and I've got bikinis for my holiday...:eek: (one way to empty the beach :D).

I am the opposite to you, hate having to go to a class every week to be weighed in and as such only see my cdc once a month, so my weighin for the next 3 weeks will be done by my scales at home, which lucky weigh the same as my cdc. I'm not good with routine and love doing things on the spur of the moment. (My sister hates this when I often ring and say can you babysit in an hour, or course I don't expect her to but I ask when I dare any way and sometimes she is happy to).

God this site is going to help, and people like you are gold dust.

It will be nice for you having your sister do it with you, it will be a fun night out for you.
Ok need to take the dvd back to the shop.
Chitty XXXX

Back