Re-introduction & embarrassed to be worse than when I first started.

MrsM10

Hi everyone,

I started my SW journey in February 2012 weighing just over 21stone and managed to lose just under 7 and a half stone and had almost qualified for IVF treatment. Unfortunately I was in a car accident, stopped the exercise, piled on the pounds and gave up. I rejoined again in October 2015 weighing just over 24 stone. I lost 1lb shy of 6 stone and was doing great...until I broke my leg. Again, all exercise stopped and I was having convenience food - nightly takeaways (couldn't go shopping), sandwiches because I couldn't stand up long enough to cook anything. Totally bad choices.

Anyway, we're now 8 months on, and despite me still having a broken leg, I have piled on weight at a ridiculous rate and now find myself weighing 24stone 11lbs. Gutted.

I rejoined slimming world on Monday with my husband. Hoping the third time is the charm and I can lose enough this time to get on the IVF waiting list. My husband joined with me and I bought us each a 12 week countdown so we have absolutely no excuses. With a broken leg I still can't exercise, but I should be given the go ahead within 12 months, so hopefully that'll boost any losses when things inevitably slow down.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)

Good luck!

You can still lose without exercising. It might be slightly slower, but you can still get good results.

Hope you enjoy your first week. Because you've been here before you know you can do it x x

Good luck and hope you can dodge any more hurdles put in your way! You can do it, life has a way of throwing a spanner in sometimes, time for you to show that spanner who is boss :)

Good luck!

You can still lose without exercising. It might be slightly slower, but you can still get good results.

Hope you enjoy your first week. Because you've been here before you know you can do it x x

Thank you!

When I lost the weight the first time, I did a lot of exercise to try and tone all the loose skin. I was still left with loads of saggy bits. I'm so scared about how much saggy skin I'll have, but I cant keep going back to this weight. I think my weight is something I'll have a lifelong battle with and I need to get in to my head that this is my new life forever, not just till I lose enough to be comfortable. xx

Good luck and hope you can dodge any more hurdles put in your way! You can do it, life has a way of throwing a spanner in sometimes, time for you to show that spanner who is boss :)

Definitely! There's always something that happens. I guess I could've done things differently and I had excuse after excuse. Not anymore. I can't lug an extra 14-15 stone with me! My knees hurt, my back hurts, my hips hurt. And I'm only just 30!

I can't wait to shed some of this weight. Just hope my first weeks weigh in tomorrow gives me a nice boost! xx

How did you get on with your weigh in? :)

I've had excuses too, I think its part of our instinct to protect ourselves when things go wrong and we give up as it gets hard. Sometimes the excuse is genuine and sometimes it's not, I think the most important thing is to keep moving forward and improving ourselves, even if its small things, i.e. this morning my daughter lovingly gave me a big bar of dairy milk for Valentines day, shes never given me anything before, but shes now got pocket money and wanted to buy me something bless her, anyway I said we would share it all as a family later on, and earlier I really wanted to open it, I had it in my hand almost ripping the paper, I found the willpower to put it back in the cupboard. That for me is a massive non scale victory. I could (would) have easily eaten 4-6-8 squares and ruined the rest of my macros for the day!

Your daughter sounds so sweet!

You're right. The journey will be filled with victories both on, and more importantly off the scales. I need to count those victories like you've done today. I'm sure you'll enjoy your dairy milk even more tonight!

I did well thank you. I lost 11 lbs and my husband lost 7 lbs. we were both thrilled with those results. I've stocked up on a few bits from the supermarket when I finished work and now have chilli cooking away in the slow cooker for our valentines dinner :) xx

Your daughter sounds so sweet!

You're right. The journey will be filled with victories both on, and more importantly off the scales. I need to count those victories like you've done today. I'm sure you'll enjoy your dairy milk even more tonight!

I did well thank you. I lost 11 lbs and my husband lost 7 lbs. we were both thrilled with those results. I've stocked up on a few bits from the supermarket when I finished work and now have chilli cooking away in the slow cooker for our valentines dinner :) xx
excellent results!

excellent results!

Thank you!

I also refrained from treating myself after group (which I've always done in the past), and treated it like any other day staying well within my syns. If I didn't have a broken ankle, I'd have been dancing around all night last night! Half a pound more until I'm in the next weight bracket. That seemed an impossible task last week.

I decided not to tell any friends/family other than a very select few, that I was trying to lose weight again, because I can deal without the pressure, so it meant I only had two people to tell and celebrate my loss with!

Good luck!

Wow you must be so proud of each other! well done :) And good on you for breaking the habit of 'treating' yourself after the successful weigh in, I always use to do this and have to tell myself not to, its something we naturally want to do so it's hard, I try to think non food treats to give myself instead :) Oh and yesterday we shared the dairy milk and I had 5 squares which didn't have as big an impact on my kcal/macros as I expected, it taught me that we can still have a little high fat & sugar food in small amounts, I just need to teach myself not to go overboard, I haven't figured that bit out yet..

hi why embarrassed you been through a lot i make excuses i have had a lot going on but this is going to be the new me my year we can do this good luck lets do it

Wow you must be so proud of each other! well done :) And good on you for breaking the habit of 'treating' yourself after the successful weigh in, I always use to do this and have to tell myself not to, its something we naturally want to do so it's hard, I try to think non food treats to give myself instead :) Oh and yesterday we shared the dairy milk and I had 5 squares which didn't have as big an impact on my kcal/macros as I expected, it taught me that we can still have a little high fat & sugar food in small amounts, I just need to teach myself not to go overboard, I haven't figured that bit out yet..

So glad you enjoyed your chocolate! My problem is the going overboard. I either refuse to have any treats, or have way too many. Because of this mentality, I've been struggling to use my syns since starting SW. I bought some freddos and fudges and some treat things, but I've not touched them yet. I need to though, because I need to learn that I can have stuff in moderation and still lose weight.

hi why embarrassed you been through a lot i make excuses i have had a lot going on but this is going to be the new me my year we can do this good luck lets do it

I think I'm embarrassed to have done so well and failed by putting the weight back on. This past time, it's gone back on so fast it's actually scared me. I was expecting to weigh a couple of stone less than I actually did.

The main thing is, I've started now and taken the first and hardest step in actually walking in to a group. Hopefully it'll get easier and easier.

We can do this! If I can lose weight, anyone can! Good luck on your journey too!

Try cutting the fudge up into thin slices, sitting down with a cuppa or coffee and make every bit last and really enjoy it! I'm learning the moderation bit very slowly, making small but positive changes.

Welcome to the forum! That is an amazing result hun! Keep at it and you will get to your target in no time! :) x

how is it going all good i hope x

I've not been on in a while, but I'm still plugging away.

I've now lost 2 stone 4.5lbs in 7 weigh ins, so I'm not quite where I wanted to be, but I'm trying hard and making positive changes. I even treated myself to a takeaway tonight. All within my syns, but it was the first treat since starting. Unfortunately I feel sick now!

Back