Re-prescribed

Plums

Hi everyone,
I got prescribed Xenical a few months ago...took it for a couple of weeks and done great but then had a high fat meal, didn't take my Xenical and went off the rails completely :(

When the doc prescribed them he said to come for a weigh in in 1 month an if I had lost some weight he would re-prescribe.
So I want to start again today but I only have just over a weeks tablets and I have gained 5lb since I last went to the doctor:(

Do you think he will give me any more....Also has any one else done well after a big initial failure like mine?:(

hey plum

theres nothing you can do about the past now juat draw a line and move on!

I started xenical in january and i lost 6lbs in 5 months as my head just wasnt in it! I wasnt stickin to the rules, i wasnt checking the labels on food and i wasnt keeping a check on calories! my doc was very supportive about it and still pescribed it to me! I finally thought to my self if i dont do this i am gunna be fat miserable and depressed all my life!

Anyways i found mini mins and posted lots and got loads of advice from the people on here and now ive lost 2st 4lbs! it has been slow (1-2lbs a week) but i havent been starving my self and i have been having treats at weekend! (the odd vodka and diet pop.... or 2 or 3!) but it has come off! when i started xenical i thought the weight would fly off but it doesnt, it requires a lot of will power an if ur not in the right frame of mind its terribly difficult! I just posted in my diary that my head isnt in it at the mo again and the results will show on fridays weigh!

The only thing you can do is your best so try and go flat out at it for 2 weeks an then go to doc and explain how u have been feeling ei you want to lose wieght but u r finding it difficult, maybe write your feelings down cos i find when i go in i have lots of questions but when i get sat down i forget them all an dont ask them!

The best advice i can give you is post lots! maybe do a food dairy and write down every thing that you eat! ali keeps hers in the kitchen and writes it down before she eats it! Try not to focus on the stuff you cant eat! focus on the things you can eat!

hope it works out for u hun! give us a shout if u need any thng

love katie
xxx

ps we had the same start weights, height and the same goal!!

Last edited:
Awww, Thanks for your great reply Katie:D
I'm feeling more enthusiastic already knowing that you have managed via the scenic route!

Ok, I'm going to do as you advised and keep a diary of everything I eat and maybe post it on here to keep me on track. I actually enjoyed finding foods that were under 5% fat before but also was having a problem because I wasn't eating meat at the time and eating out is nigh on impossible if you are doing low fat and veggie because everything is cheesy. Anyway, I'm eating meat again now so hopefully that will make things a bit easier!

Thanks again...and well done to you as you're doing fantastic!

Mel x

your welcome!

i have found a great quorn product in chilled isle! Hve u tried the peppered steaks? they r amazing! Bet it was a right pain eating out! Its very hard not to pick the bad stuff when you got choice of the menu never mind when u r a veggie! How long were u veggie for?

i love how u call it the senic route! hahah made me laugh!

xxx

im the same plum, 1 takeout and skip the tablet and im off the rails quicker than i can fall....

i reckon they should invent xenical in injection form, then your buggered if you cheat lol

i also giggled at the scenic route, its a long one but there is a really nice skinny world at the end of it, we will all get there in the end xx

your welcome!

i have found a great quorn product in chilled isle! Hve u tried the peppered steaks? they r amazing! Bet it was a right pain eating out! Its very hard not to pick the bad stuff when you got choice of the menu never mind when u r a veggie! How long were u veggie for?

i love how u call it the senic route! hahah made me laugh!

xxx

Ooo, I'll have to check that out! I am always on and off with being a veggie. I don't really like meat but it's a pain when you have to cook for carnivores so I sometimes just start eating it again!
Oooo. I don't know if anyone has already posted this but I found the Aunty's sponge puddings that microwave are all under 5%! They sell them in Tesco..Yumm!

Mel x

im the same plum, 1 takeout and skip the tablet and im off the rails quicker than i can fall....

i reckon they should invent xenical in injection form, then your buggered if you cheat lol

i also giggled at the scenic route, its a long one but there is a really nice skinny world at the end of it, we will all get there in the end xx

Lol...yep...injection form would be great! Glad I'm not the only one anyway:)

I thought everyone had heard of the scenic route? Lol...must be just me because I have got lost down it;)

Mel x

i think we are all in the same boat, after 12 months on slimming world losinging just 1st, (which i did in the first month) and then mainteaned for 11 months i start on the blue tablets 5 weeks ago, lost 8lbs on my first weigh in so 2 lbs a week and then blew it completely this week, good job i have 3 weeks to pull it back, i don't know what gets into us sometimes, we want this to work bt we are the ones who are holding ourselves back!!!
together we can do this x x

Back