Re-start....when are bars and porridge allowed?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by EmmaLouise81, 5 April 2009 Social URL.

1. EmmaLouise81

EmmaLouise81 Full Member

Hi,

Well after all my CD or WW drama I restarted CD today. Will never get this chance again so feel I should suck it up and get on with it.

I have had 2 tetras so far and will do for the next few days.

I LOVE the porridge but apparently I will go into ketosis quicker without having it so trying to avoid it.

Basically my question is in the title, on a restart how soon can I introduce bars and/or porridge?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    I have no idea about the porridge but I would think at least a week or 2 before you have the bars.I'm sure someone will know for certain :)

4. Mia

Mia Skinny girl in a fat body

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    I was not aware of the porridge slowing down ketosis. Yes, the bars and the drink flavourings shouldn't be used for the first two weeks but I thought the porridge was ok from day 1. Could a CDC please clarify because I am eating porridge quite a lot.

5. EmmaLouise81

EmmaLouise81 Full Member

Hi,

I ate porridge twice a day when I was on SS and losing weight, just seemed to not agree with me when trying to get into ketosis.

When I first started CD it was not on offer so not sure when it is allowed.

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Bars are from week 3

Porridge is from day 1. The porridge does have a little more carbs in it, but one a day shouldn't be a problem.

Some people have a problem with having all their meals as porridge.

Sometimes it's easier to stay in ketosis than to get into it in the first place, so if you are concerned, just have the one meal as porridge until ketosis is established :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.