Re Starting from home want results this time

katsmad64

Hi Basically been a SW member on and off for many years . Re-joined earlier this year and have been going no where fast 1/2 lb in 7 weeks so threw in the towel ! I had been on plan my problem was I think I was eating for the sake of it the " free food " myth . Basically over indulging .
Anyway moving on I only have about 14lbs to lose but want to do it healthy and I do believe SW is a healthy plan so have decided to go it alone from home as I have all the info plus I can buy the mag for updates.
So I'd really like to aim for 2lbs for my first week then 1-2lbs after so wondered if there is any one out there who have managed this and how have you done it ? I'm away in 5 weeks and really want 5-7lbs off if I'm honest plus I think that is a do able challenge. Are there any good challenges to join ?
It use to be much busier on here a few years ago and really helped me wonder where everyone is ? I could just be rambling on to myself here :)
Good luck whatever you're doing will do my best to update more often . X

First day on Slimming World going shopping later to get some bits . Weighed in at 11.9.4 my idea weight is around 10.10 so about 14lbs to get there which I managed back in 2014 stayed there around a year then had an accident that meant I was immobile for quite a while . Managed to loose around 11lbs so far as I had gained about 28lbs ! So just need to get focused stay focused and get there :) x

Good luck Kat.

I have been going group for the last 10weeks. I had a 12week referral from work and once that's finished, I won't be paying for group and will also be doing it from home.

Just out of interest how do you get the magazine if not going to meetings?? I really quite like having the magazine and reading through it. Is it available to buy anywhere else???

Hi Thank yes you can get them from most newsagents and supermarkets I get mine from Asda . X

I was around 9lb away from target, yo yo'ing for months. I decided to ditch the carbs and got there within 3 weeks. Once I got my head around the SP diet I do quite like it, though you really need your syns to keep you going :)

I'm in a similar boat. I was just going up and down and spending £20 for the pleasure. So I'm starting again from home. I think my issue is I eat out a lot being a young 20 something in London haha. I just hate paying for something in a restaurant when it's not really the thing I want. So I need to get better at it. I think we're going to try a month of not going out for food in London.

I think it's quieter because the site closed down quite suddenly one day. Then a couple of months/weeks later it came back up but a lot of people had moved on and were a bit angry about it all. Hey ho.

I just need to get back into food planning. What type of meals do you do?

Hi I do EE when I'm being good . I'm lucky as ill eat pretty much any thing I do think I lose weight better eating less carbs but that's just me . I just do lots from scratch and avoid processed foods as much as possible . I love roast dinners the most with lots of veggies . Also all the usual free foods just need to limit it as don't know when to stop sometimes :) x

Hey @katsmad64 There are some challenges if you are still interested. I find the groups and challenges totally vital to doing this right :) good luck and welcome back :) :)

In the challenge thread there is the 3 month challenge (July/Aug/sept) but you can join any time: https://www.minimins.com/threads/new-quarterly-challenge-july-aug-sept-autumn-2016.355114/

There is also the monthly challenge: https://www.minimins.com/threads/august-2016-challenge.355463/

We have a group for simply being 100% on target. One day at a time: https://www.minimins.com/threads/august-challenge-31-days-to-get-back-on-track-for-xmas.355435/

Also a group for establishing a new exercise habit. Regardless of what that may be: https://www.minimins.com/threads/30-day-whatever-challenge.355514/

Hi, I'm also thinking about doing it from home, been a member for quite sometime but not losing much and can't really justify the cost anymore... Just worried about finding the syn values to new products... How have you guys who are doing it from home managed with this??

Back