(re) Starting with a Strong and Persistent Desire

I joined Slimming World 8 weeks ago, weighing in at 10 stone 5.5lbs. I now weigh 10 stone 6.5lbs. I must be the only person who can join a slimming group and GAIN weight :eek: I've run out of excuses-it was Xmas then New Year. I had the flu, family problems, tummy problems....bottom line is I just never tried. I'm the one scoffing pizza. I'm the one glugging the cider. I'm the one who's too lazy to plan even one day in advance. And I'm the one that can put a stop to this. It's time to give myself a shake and start the plan. I cringe when I think of how much weight I COULD have lost in the last 8 weeks. Actually, at time I damn near cry!
Monday night is weigh in night. Instead of doing what I'd normally do at this point in the week, which is say 'oh well it's Wednesday, may as well leave it and start again on weigh in day' I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and starting all over again. I don't care if I only have 5 days til my next weigh in, that's 5 days less binging!
I've got a page a day diary for tracking food and exercise, and a pretty notebook to use as a journal, and I'm going to keep a diary on here to help keep me on track.
I'm sarting tomorrow and I'm not stopping until my size 8 skinny jeans fit somfortably on my hips!

good for you!! what a fantastic attitude to have. You know where you've gone wrong and you know what to do about it :D

PS :- for the record you are not the only person to gain weight on SW. My uncle and I used to go together and he put on weight every week for 4 weeks, then lost 1 before four more weeks of gaining. Secretly I know he cheated a lot, and that he was only coming with me as some support, but I felt bad when I lost weight and he didn't!

good for you!! what a fantastic attitude to have. You know where you've gone wrong and you know what to do about it :D

PS :- for the record you are not the only person to gain weight on SW. My uncle and I used to go together and he put on weight every week for 4 weeks, then lost 1 before four more weeks of gaining. Secretly I know he cheated a lot, and that he was only coming with me as some support, but I felt bad when I lost weight and he didn't!

Thanks Kirsty. I KNOW I've done an unbelievable amount of cheating! Ironically, I managed to lose 2lbs over Xmas! Think it was because Daddy was off work and he cooked all my meals, whether he knows it or not, his meals are very Slimming World friendly. Shame he's not following me around 24/7 with a pot of food in his hand, I'd be slim in no time! :p

Back