Re-thinking the CD, maybe it's not quite for me..

laurenmay

Gold Member
So I've been off and on CD for just over a week now, and I'm starting to question whether this diet is for me or not.

The rapid weight loss is what drawed me to the diet in the first place, and I got a little tired of calorie counting all the time so thought I'd opt for something a little different and give it a go..

But I'm starting to question if this is really for me? I've read so many good things, amazing success stories and then I've read a lot of bad things too and the nasty side effects that can come from a VLCD.

I have a 10 month old little boy, and sometimes I think that I'm being really selfish by following a controversial diet like CD, and can't help but question - what if something did happen to me? What if I got unwell or something? The thought of leaving my baby without a mummy just because she wanted to lose weight so drastically is too much to bare...

Ideally I want to be about a stone and a half lighter in 5 weeks time, but if I do get there in 5 weeks, will I feel healthy and will it help change my eating habits & my issues with food? Will I learn to eat properly and sensibly or will I binge again and gain it all back?

I don't know what to do, CD is expensive but I'm willing to pay the cost because it's what I'd end up spending on healthy food to follow a calorie controlled diet anyway. But what I'm now wondering is do I carry on with CD, or do I admit defeat and that this diet just isn't for me and follow a calorie controlled diet with plenty of exercise instead?

Any advice is much appreciated.

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

You're not going to die by following a VLCD. Far from it. The side effects are things like bad breath and constipation neither of which are fatal. I hate to think what stories you've been told Think how much your baby will benefit in having a happy healthy mum in such a short time :). There's absolutely nothin controversial about a VLCD. They're very healthy

I just feel that for me, I'd be a happier person following a calorie controlled diet and going to the gym regularly again that's all. I just don't think I have the discipline for CD and I used to calorie count before and lost a lot of weight and did keep it off for a long time, all that changed was after Christmas I got lazy and binged like crazy.

I'm happy with losing 2-3lbs a week and to see the weight come off slower if it means I'm not struggling. I think all of you who are dedicated to CD are absolutely amazing, and the weight loss a lot of you have had is phenomenal. But everybody is different, and I just think I'd be a lot happier and find it a lot easier if I was counting calories again.

I have an operation coming up in 5 weeks, I'm also a keen runner and am taking part in the race for life this July, and just think my body needs more fuel and more calories in order to get through all these things and come out fighting the other side.

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

I just think it'd be more sustainable for me, I'll still use the remaining CD shakes and incorporate them into CC, also CD has taught me to drink water and a lot of it which is great for me cause I hated it before!

It sounds like you've made up your mind Lauren and I don't blame you. If you're finding it tough then calorie count and exercise - you're nearly there. You have to be in the right place to do this diet - trust me I've restarted many times - with only a stone and a half to go maybe follow WW or SW? That's just my opinion :)

Good luck with whatever you decide and don't feel bad either way - you have to do what's right for you :)

Em_Butterfly said:
It sounds like you've made up your mind Lauren and I don't blame you. If you're finding it tough then calorie count and exercise - you're nearly there. You have to be in the right place to do this diet - trust me I've restarted many times - with only a stone and a half to go maybe follow WW or SW? That's just my opinion :)

Good luck with whatever you decide and don't feel bad either way - you have to do what's right for you :)

Thank you :) I feel quite sad cause I'm really gonna miss a lot of you ladies on here!! And it'll be weird not popping on a few times a day and having a whinge and a moan! Lol

I've decided I'm going to follow CC and exercise again, I know the weight comes off a lot slower than it would on CD but its a price I'm willing to pay so long as I feel happy :)

All the best to all of you lovely people! And huge thanks for all the help and support you've all provided me!! xxx

Thank you :) I feel quite sad cause I'm really gonna miss a lot of you ladies on here!! And it'll be weird not popping on a few times a day and having a whinge and a moan! Lol

I've decided I'm going to follow CC and exercise again, I know the weight comes off a lot slower than it would on CD but its a price I'm willing to pay so long as I feel happy :)

All the best to all of you lovely people! And huge thanks for all the help and support you've all provided me!! xxx

aww we'll miss you on here hun, good luck thought :) your not happy doing it then it just isnt worth it is it xxxx

Lisa-Marie90 said:
aww we'll miss you on here hun, good luck thought :) your not happy doing it then it just isnt worth it is it xxxx

Thank you :) its gonna be so weird not speaking to you all everyday!! Hope you all do amazing! xx

Good luck, Lauren - come on here still and tell us how you're getting on :) x

I will :) all the best! xx

Oh we'll miss u - good luck... Keep in touch x

:(
Bye Lauren xx
I went through the same thoughts. It is scary thinking about something happening to you and leaving your children and I worried sick the first few days. I'm in my second week and those fears have completely gone and I feel much healthier now!
You need to do what's right for you though hun xx

start - 12.2 current - 11.9 target 9.7

I feel really sad leaving you lovely ladies :( I'll definitely have to pop on now and again and see how you're all getting on and let you all know how I'm doing too! For the time being I'm still gonna incorporate some shakes into my calorie intake - I've become too attached to the cappuccino ones to let go just yet! Lol xx

Back