"Ready Brek" vs porridge

cinderzxx

Hi all...
just wondering i know you can have 28g of porridge oats as Hex.... but can you have readybreak as one too?
would it be the same amount?

xx

You can have 1oz Ready Break as a HeB, but should also have 1 Rivita Original/Dark Rye/Sesame as well.

Thank you :)
just fancied readybreak (no idea why) bit less lumpy than porridge i guess... have been ill the last few days :(

oats so simple sounds like the way forward though... i hate weighing stuff all the time :)

Sarah you have reduced sugar jam on yours dont you (have been nosing at your food diary lol... feeling very inspired *thankyou* )
is that jam syn free? xx

No probs, thankyou for posting it up... its definately given me some ideas for days :)
very inspiring too youve lost a lot of lbs!
well done you! xx

Does it make it all pink when you stir it in? (like rice pudding)

Mmmmm.........ready brek! I had this for breakfast today with a little sweetner! :D

I went through a hardcore Ready Brek phase recently - just loved that feeling of warm glue-iness sticking to my belly! :p

I got a bit miffed when I decided to try Ready Brek Honey instead of the Original, though. At first glance the same calories, but on closer inspection they'd yanked out a fifth of the wholegrain goodness and replaced it with sugar... left me feeling hungry again about 10 minutes later.

I'm on a weetabix kick right now. I heat up 150ml of skimmed milk and 150ml of water together in the microwave until nearly boiling, then add 3-4 canderel sweeteners (I know, ridiculous sweet tooth) and pour it over 2 weetabix. If you leave it for a couple of minutes, the weetabix really expand and soak up all the liquid and you get a huge warm bowl of loveliness that really fills you up for the whole morning!

ooo i remember having weetabix like that when i was little...
have to eat quickly it though... it sets like concrete in the bowl lol!

yum :) xx

ooo i remember having weetabix like that when i was little...
have to eat quickly it though... it sets like concrete in the bowl lol!

yum :) xx

Aren't cereals just fab?! You can avoid the concretiness if you add the extra fluid - 300ml of mixed hot milk and water (or just milk!) with 2 weetabix gives you a soft fluffy bowl of lusciousness.

Making your own muesli is fun, too! But hey, don't get me started on cereals, carb-fiend that I am...! :p

Iris - I never thought I would drool over a bowl of weetabix, you certainly have a way with words - fluffy bowl of lusciuosness, wonderful.....thank you. X

Back