ready meals

Loser85

Gold Member
Im tempted to use ready meals for my restart next week. Just for the 1st few days whilst i get my head around everything. (i have a farmfoods near me and the WW meals are cheap) Ill be adding veg to this plus maybe a wee dollop of smash. Would this be ok? I just dont want to mess up this attempt.

Also the website thingy told me to maintain my current weight i have to eat just over 2500 calories a day. So rather than have to big a drop when i start im tempted to have a 800 cal meal instead. Then lower this gradually as the weight comes off. To maintain my healthy BMI weight i need 1400 apparantly.

yes I sometimes have a ready meal, especially a curry or something nice so I definately know how many calories I am eating. If I make my own curry I get in to the guestimation mode! not a good judge when I am hungry lol!

Im exactly the same Jot! Hence for my 1st week id rather have most of that done for me. Im also tempted to make a list of calorific values for the things i eat most and stick it on my kitchen cupboard. That way ive got a go to guide until the values are stamped on my brain.

Thats a good idea loser85, I have chopped up some carrots and celery and when i feel the need to chew thats what i reach for and once I had a stick of celery, and chewed away, the compulsion to eat has dissolved!

ready meals are great for keeping an eye on the calories,, ive also found when i think im hungry and the wee devils on my shoulder going eat eat eat i have a bovril and it takes the edge away and its only 20 calories i buy the ready prepared little cups of bovril just add water

yeah especially in fife lol is cold over that way

Back