Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

Well I'll now be enjoying it on my own Julie isn't very well, she's been up all night with the sickness bug so can't make it:(

Awww. Hope she gets better soon. Is it something you can portion up and freeze or I can come round for lunch? ;) xx

Awww. Hope she gets better soon. Is it something you can portion up and freeze or I can come round for lunch? ;) xx

Hey of course, that would be fab!

soup ingredients.JPGsoup.JPG

I made spinach & tomato soup, I know from the photo it looks minging, but it does taste really nice, I served it with hexa cheese on tweaked wholemeal chappati hexb!

Tomato and spinach soup
[h=2]Ingredients[/h]· ¼ onion, finely chopped
· 75ml/2½fl oz tomato passata (sieved tomatoes)
· 300ml/½ pint hot vegetable stock
· 125g/4½oz fresh spinach leaves
· salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation method
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and fry until softened.
2. Add the passata, stock, spinach, salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Blend with a hand blender until smooth.
3. To serve, pour into a serving bowl.

RSC dish one for the day!

Baby spinach, feta and quinoa patties.
These ingredients:
1368876217290.jpg
Cook quinoa as per instructions. Finely chop onion and couple of cloves of garlic and fry till soft. Chop up a handful or 2 of spinach and add to onion. Cook for like 3 mins max to wilt.
Put in a bowl with HexA feta crumbled in and a beaten egg with black pepper.
1368876316949.jpg
Leave for a couple of minutes to 'bind' you could add breadcrumbs but I didn't.

I used a small 1 egg pan to cook mine off as patties but you could put in a yorkshire pudding tin or on a baking sheet.

My first one was a lot drier because I didn't add a full egg to the original mix but I scoffed it while the second one cooked just to try it ;)
1368876443087.jpg

Second one I added the remainder of the egg to make a thicker pattie and then topped with lemon and black pepper mayo... ok I lie, it was a spoonful of lemon muller light greek yogurt :D
Served on mixed salad and spinach leaves
1368876577410.jpg
1368876592403.jpg

Wow, those patties look delicious, I've got quinoa & spinach, just need to buy feta, I'm sure it would work with other cheese but feta would be better, goes better with spinach I think.

The garlic, spinach and feta works so well together. Although I do love all them as individual flavours.

If you have dill or a lemon to take some finely grated rind that would be awesome mixed in too before cooking. I didn't but next time I'd definitely make the addition xx

tea ingredients.JPGtea cooking.JPGready to eat.JPG

I made for tea Slow cooker chickpea tagine, it's supposed to be served with couscous, but seeing as there is only me that will eat it I decided to have enough to fill me without couscous.

Slow cooker chickpea tagine
Ingredients
· 400g/14oz can chickpeas in water, rinsed and drained
· 1 red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
· 1 onion, chopped
· 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
· 2 courgettes, cut into bite-sized pieces
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 2 tsp paprika
· 1 tsp ground ginger
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 500g/1lb 2oz carton passata
· 1 tsp harissa paste
· handful fresh mint or coriander
· thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve

Preparation method
1. Place the chickpeas, pepper, onion, squash, courgettes, onion, garlic, passata & harissa into a slow cooker and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Cover with the lid and cook on high for four hours.
3. Season to taste with plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Tear in most of the mint or coriander leaves, stir through, then scatter the remaining leaves over the top. Top with spoonful of yogurt. Serve with couscous.

Ok, when I said I'd be cooking today, I had forgotten that I had a long rehearsal till mid-afternoon.
I'll be cooking tomorrow!
Patties look wonderful. I'm def going to make them. But not tomorrow. Nope. I have my plans.

View attachment 91823View attachment 91822View attachment 91824

I made for tea Slow cooker chickpea tagine, it's supposed to be served with couscous, but seeing as there is only me that will eat it I decided to have enough to fill me without couscous.

Ingredients
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 tsp paprika
· 1 tsp ground ginger
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 1 tsp harissa paste

Preparation method
1. Place the chickpeas, pepper, onion, squash, courgettes, onion, garlic, passata & harissa into a slow cooker and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Season to taste with plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Tear in most of the mint or coriander leaves, stir through, then scatter the remaining leaves over the top. Top with spoonful of yogurt. Serve with couscous.

Looks well tasty. Tagine is great as are slow cookers. Sounds awesome. Another recipe in the folder! Xx

View attachment 91823View attachment 91822View attachment 91824

Ingredients
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 tsp paprika
· 1 tsp ground ginger
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 1 tsp harissa paste

Preparation method
Looks really nice and great to cook in slow cooker too x

Looks really nice and great to cook in slow cooker too x

Yep it was dead easy, just chuck everything in & forget about it, I'll definately make it again, I've just had some for breakfast on toast & it was much nicer warmed up!

I was watching something on tv yesterday & spam was mentioned, I've now got a craving for spam, but it's so high in syns, even the light stuff!!!!

I love spam. Its awful really but I do love it. My old housemate would cut up the whole can and fry it off with a can of chopped up new potatoes, when cooked he'd stir in a can of beans. Top that with cheese and brown sauce... amazing! Xx

So finally got round to cooking a couple of the recipes I found after the last list was posted(Thanks Sculls)

Firstly...spinach and parmesan muffins.....

bag of spinach blitzed in food processor, clove of garlic minced, half a large tub of cottage cheese, healthy extra of parmesan, 2 eggs beaten, salt and pepper to taste

Mix ingredients together and then put into muffin cases and bake for about 20 minutes

Attachments

• SN854334.jpg
    SN854334.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 62
  • SN854335.jpg
    SN854335.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 59
  • SN854336.jpg
    SN854336.jpg
    757 KB · Views: 60
  • SN854337.jpg
    SN854337.jpg
    955.7 KB · Views: 63
  • SN854341.jpg
    SN854341.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 66
  • SN854342.jpg
    SN854342.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 62
A spicy chickpea soup.......
2 cans of chickpeas, a small onion, 2 cloves of garlic, chicken or veg stock, passatta, 1/2 tsp of turmeric and cumin, salt and pepper

Blitz the chickpeas and onion in the food processor, fry off the garlic in frylight, add the chickpeas and onion and heat through gently, add stock cube and spice/seasoning, I then added some water and passatta gradually till got a consistency I liked.

(the green is just the bits of spinach that were left in food processor that I didn't think was worth washing out ha ha )

Think would be nice with a pitta or chappatti etc :)

Attachments

• SN854338.jpg
    SN854338.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 60
  • SN854339.jpg
    SN854339.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 56
  • SN854340.jpg
    SN854340.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 55
Back