Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

I can do the next bag, if that's alright? Aiming to get back to SW this week so will be a good motivator :) Will whack them up later if everyone's ok with me doing it :)

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee

Your breakfast tofu sounds lovely!

Masala sounds interesting, maybe with a tweak on flavours it would have made it better? Still sounds nice xx

Yes I think a tweak with the flavours, I've got some packet spices I bought from the Asian shop one is for Paneer something or other, I'm thinking that could work next time.

All those spices and still not tasty? What a shame! What did you have to substitute?

Yuck to mango dressing lol

Agree with what you say about this thread and new recipes x

I substituted cauli for cabbage:rolleyes:

What mango and chilli dressing did you use and how many syns? Really like the sound of it xx

It was a christmas pressie from my sister it's The Wiltshire Chilli Farm, Mango hot chilli sauce, it's really nice & you only need a little bit of it.

hmm there is a bit of a difference between cauli and cabbage lol

Yes I know, I did try & get away without telling you!!!!!!!! But I really thought I had cauli in & had already started to prep my lunch so thought I'd give cabbage a whirl!!

Chicken breast
Green lentils
Lemons
Potatoes/sweet potatoes
Chilli (fresh/flaked/powder)
Red onion
Any additional superfree/seasonings/Healthy extras :)

Hope these are alright! They might sound a little bit boring but they're all things I've got in atm, and things I need to use!

Ok so who is stupid here? *sneaks hand up*

I just trudged all the way to tesco and back to grab a couple of little things needed for my rsc dinner. Got everything out. Grabbed my tofu. Checked the date. Out of date. Grrrrrr. So I can't do my dinner :( I thought tofu had a shelf life of a gazillion years (give or take!) But no. And I forgot red miso paste. 2 main ingredients for the dish.

So please forgive me... but I can't cook it *sob!*

I just trudged all the way to tesco and back to grab a couple of little things needed for my rsc dinner. Got everything out. Grabbed my tofu. Checked the date. Out of date. Grrrrrr. So I can't do my dinner :( I thought tofu had a shelf life of a gazillion years (give or take!) But no. And I forgot red miso paste. 2 main ingredients for the dish.

Oh no! That's the sort of thing I would do, what a shame x

Oh no haha! Don't worry, I'm sure we've all done this once or twice! Mine always seems to be quark - I'll be waiting to try a recipe for ages, finally get everything together then realise the quark has expired :p

Start thinking about something for this weeks bag maybe? Seems like last weeks just wasn't meant to be haha.

I was really looking forward to it though :( was a creamy coconut tofu curry with shitake mushrooms and pineapple in. I will make it another time thats for sure because I really want to make it. At least I made the seabass ay? Xx

Oooh it does sound really nice actually - look forward to pics when you do get round to making it! :)

Not sure if new bag actually starts today or not but either way I've made my first dish :p Just stuff that needed using for dinner tonight :) Didn't turn out the way it was meant to - was supposed to be veggie/lentil juicy lucy burgers but they didn't hold together well so have decided the rest of the mix will turn into a kind of lentil/veggie/cheddar scramble style thing :p

Ingredients used:

Green lentils
Red pepper
Red onion
Sweet corn
Mushrooms
Tomato puree
Chilli powder
Lemon rind
Garlic
Egg
Wholemeal breadcrumbs
Cheddar

All blended together (minus cheese) then formed into patty with the cheddar in the middle - put on grill, but obviously it turned into a yummy mush :p Served with spinach, red onion and beetroot salad with a lemon and black pepper mayo! :)

Doesn't look like much but tasted great - looking forward to my next dish now!
2013-05-27 16.43.04.jpg

How many syns or hexs per portion do they work out? I'm still to make a veggie burger because I'm always worried about either being too dry or falling apart!

They sound yummy and full of flavour! Xx

Well it worked out to half HexA and a quarter HexB per burger (though would probs just syn the quarter) but honestly I wouldn't recommend using my recipe haha! Didn't hold together at all - maybe have a look at making a recipe that's already out there Slimming world friendly? :p

Oooh it does sound really nice actually - look forward to pics when you do get round to making it! :)

Not sure if new bag actually starts today or not but either way I've made my first dish :p Just stuff that needed using for dinner tonight :) Didn't turn out the way it was meant to - was supposed to be veggie/lentil juicy lucy burgers but they didn't hold together well so have decided the rest of the mix will turn into a kind of lentil/veggie/cheddar scramble style thing :p

Ingredients used:

Green lentils
Red pepper
Red onion
Sweet corn
Mushrooms
Tomato puree
Chilli powder
Lemon rind
Garlic
Egg
Wholemeal breadcrumbs
Cheddar

All blended together (minus cheese) then formed into patty with the cheddar in the middle - put on grill, but obviously it turned into a yummy mush :p Served with spinach, red onion and beetroot salad with a lemon and black pepper mayo! :)

Doesn't look like much but tasted great - looking forward to my next dish now!
View attachment 93290

Well it worked out to half HexA and a quarter HexB per burger (though would probs just syn the quarter) but honestly I wouldn't recommend using my recipe haha! Didn't hold together at all - maybe have a look at making a recipe that's already out there Slimming world friendly? :p

Looks very nice!

Also made a mince, bulgar wheat and aubergine bake. Doesn't look that pretty and if I did it again I would use more liquid and put some cheese on top but seems tasty!
First time have used bulgar wheat and am liking it and will be looking for more recipes so cheers Minks for the ingredient x

Attachments

• SN854362.jpg
    SN854362.jpg
    812.9 KB · Views: 72
  • SN854369.jpg
    SN854369.jpg
    768.4 KB · Views: 66
  • SN854370.jpg
    SN854370.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 72
I'd love to try yours ems, right up my street. Apart from one thing. Aubergine *bleugh!* maybe I could sub it with courgette...?

I love bulgar, one of my favourites yet I always do a veggie bulgar salad thing so great to see your dish.

Was that silken tofu you used? I can NEVER find the bleeding stuff! Xx

I'd love to try yours ems, right up my street. Apart from one thing. Aubergine *bleugh!* maybe I could sub it with courgette...?

I love bulgar, one of my favourites yet I always do a veggie bulgar salad thing so great to see your dish.

Was that silken tofu you used? I can NEVER find the bleeding stuff! Xx

Yeah courgette might work but it would be wetter but think that would be nice as well, it was really yummy, not sure it even needed the meat to be honest! The recipe I found had sliced tomatoes in it in the layers too but I didn't have any so used tinned tomatoes instead.
I might try the bulgar in a salad type thing, its a bit like couscous which I like but more too it lol

It was a firm silken tofu and got it from sainsburys want to get some again to try a curry or something too
. It was in quite a random place I htink in the shop!

Looks yummy :) wish I could eat aubergines! I've never seen a dish with them in that didn't look delicious - damn allergies haha!

Tofu dessert looks good too, though not sure if it'd be my thing! I've still yet to try tofu in a savoury dish so a dessert might be too much for me :p

Back