Ready Steady Cook - Minimins Style

Yay, they are brill, I'm hoping for good things from you so I've more recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made a mung bean soup and some mung bean pancakes. Was really pleased with the pancakes, have got some of the mixture left and am thinking I might have them for breakfast! Maybe with bacon......I think they would be nice with cheese too yum yum
Need to find some more recipes to try!

I like the pancakes, surprisingly easy to make & yep I'll bet they do taste nice with bacon & cheese, did I tell you the website I went on for mung bean ideas, it's yummly. I must make something with mung beans again, they are nice. My work colleague said when they make mung bean curry they don't soak the mung beans, I tried it & it does work.

And how cheap are mung beans, brilliant food, so versatile.

No pics?!?!?!?!?

Oh I'll check out IG later, I forget to go on there, I really ought to go on more often,I like the simplicity of it all.

I think I'm going for mung bean curry later & making enough for lunch tomorrow. I also fancy fish curry, hmmmmmmm, decisions, decisions, think I'll go for mung bean, I've had fish curry a fair bit lately!!!

I've just been reminded of this thread, I thought it may do well now with all the newbies/re starters we've got on board.

all you do is post a 'bag' of food & we all have a go at new recipes with some or all of the ingredients you also use super free in the meals. We generally use the same bag for about 2 wks, go on give it a try :D

Hi I only saw this thread yesterday and thought it is a good idea. Not sure if this is a good bag of food. But most of them are my favourites and cous cous because I like it but I never really eat it.

Chicken
Bacon
Cous cous
Butternut squash
mushrooms
Onion
Bell peppers.

I do cook with these but I just wondered what other people would make using some or all of these ingredients?

Hi I only saw this thread yesterday and thought it is a good idea. Not sure if this is a good bag of food. But most of them are my favourites and cous cous because I like it but I never really eat it. Chicken Bacon Cous cous Butternut squash mushrooms Onion Bell peppers. I do cook with these but I just wondered what other people would make using some or all of these ingredients?

Better late than never but here's an idea.

Chop up all the veg into equal size pieces, put in a roasting tin. Lay the chicken on top. Add some garlic, balsamic vinegar & smoked paprika. Frylight the lot. Cook in the oven for 45 mins ish. Then serve with the cous cous. The juices from the veg along with the smoked paprika should make a nice sauce too

I'd add my hea of Parmesan for the last 10 mins to the chicken if I had it left x

Hi I only saw this thread yesterday and thought it is a good idea. Not sure if this is a good bag of food. But most of them are my favourites and cous cous because I like it but I never really eat it.

Chicken
Bacon
Cous cous
Butternut squash
mushrooms
Onion
Bell peppers.

I do cook with these but I just wondered what other people would make using some or all of these ingredients?
Sorry not keen on Cous Cous but here's and idea for with spuds.

I'd make a chicken and bacon "pie". Smoked bacon is best - but ordinary will be fine.

Chop the bacon into lardons and dry fry (or with just a little olive oil or fry light).
Then add the chicken and fry until coloured on the outside but not dried out.
Add the onions, mushrooms and peppers and fry a bit more.
Add some chicken stock made from a good syn free powder/cube and boil to get all the residue off the bottom of the pan.
Transfer to a casserole dish.
Boil up some spuds and carrots (cut the carrots fairly small to make sure they cook) and mash together - or put through a ricer.
You should end up with an orangey mash.
Place on top of the chicken mix in the casserole - brush all over with a little milk.
Bang in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the potato topping is brown and crispy.

Great on Red or EE day - obviously on a red day you need to limit spud portion.
Alternatively you can top with swede and carrot mash. I love it with this. Mr Pom complains about lack of spuds :cry:
Slap some BNS chips in the oven too if you want to add these.

Both of those recipes sound great I will try them both, mine wasn't as good! I wrapped my chicken in bacon and had it with butternut squash, peppers and mushrooms mixed with the cous cous it did taste good though.:)

Back