ready to give up!!!

Davey1984

Hi all,
Feel a bit at the moment, just wanna cry.
I have food optimised 100% this week and I have put on 1lb and I don't know why. I really don't.
Im heartbroken

Sadly it happens sometimes. It's happened to me 3 times since I started sw in jan. It is soul destroying to put in a lot of hard work and not see a result that week.

BUT.... Each time I've carried on past the disappointment and had a better than normal loss the next week!

Our bodies work in strange ways and aren't predictable.

Keep going, It will come off and you will start losing again. Have faith in the an, have all your healthy extras, superfree & 5-15 syns a day. Re read your book & keep a food diary if you find it helpful. Best of luck for the coming week:)

Don't give up - you have already done really well and made a dent in the weight loss.

I am sure other much wiser folk than me will tell you that there are 101 reasons why you might not have lost but its just one week and you have all the time in the world to keep at it.

Tomorrow is another day :D

Please don't give up... You must have a good reason for wanting to do this, do not be put off track by a little hiccup. There are lots of things that can explain a tiny gain like yours. Could be * week, could be you have drank a lot of fluid, could even be that you haven't been to the loo properly for a couple of days. These things even themselves out over time and you WILL see results if you just keep going. What might seem like a chore right now, will soon become second nature. We ALL have this happen at some point, but it will come good soon enough. Do not look too far ahead, just focus on today and know that after a dozen "todays" you will start to feel way more positive about your efforts. :)

Keep positive matey!

I have STS for two weeks and then put on 0.4lb this week!

I am just going to right it off and maybe incorporate a bit of exercise to try and aid my weight loss.

Chin Up and keep letting people know how you feel so you don't go off track. :D

Hi all,
Feel a bit at the moment, just wanna cry.
I have food optimised 100% this week and I have put on 1lb and I don't know why. I really don't.
Im heartbroken

There's something in the water this week... alot of people in my class who are so consistent with their losses put on weight this week.

You just have to take the lb gain, stay on plan WI next week and prepare yourself for a big loss. Our weight fluctuates all the time, and the best measure is to take your weight monthly rather than weekly (which is annoying but sometimes necessary).

Keep your chin up and good luck for this week.

xx

If you give up it'll be more than a 1lb gain this time next week.

Look at your stats, remind yourself how well you've done & what you have achieved so far. The plan does was (as you know) keep going it's all worth it;)

I know the feeling, i was sooo good this week and gained 2.5lb, we will have to be good as well this week and hope it shows next week

This has happened to me too... whatever you do, dont give up. I know it's easier said than done however if you're anything like me, if you give up you'll end up putting the weight back on and you'll be right back at square one all over again.

Over the 13 weeks that I have weighed in at class I have had 2 separate weeks where I have put on 1/2lb on both occasions. Hand on heart I did not stray from the plan, the first time I found the next week really hard but kept at it. The second time I took it on the chin, suppose its just the way my body reacts. I have lost 34lbs in total so I must be doing it right! Dont give up if you follow the plan you will reap the rewards you deserve.

Don't give up. This time last year I had the exact same thing happen. That day I gave up. And a year later I'm back again not only with the weight back on but more. Just think about one year from now. It might seem like a long time but do you really want to be sitter there thinking "what if I had just carried on". It's the most horrid feeling ever. DONT GIVE UP!

I know I am a muppet, Sorry OP for referring to you as a lady.... I don't tend to notice the photos.... that'll teach me. I am well known for putting my foot in it. :)

Have you increased your exercise?
Eaten more even if on plan?
Have you eaten less and therefore not enough?
Eaten more salty foods?
Have you been unwell at all?
Are your bowels regular?
Gotten enough sleep?

All these things and a few more will upset weight loss so take heart and carry on!

Shirleen said:
Have you increased your exercise?
Eaten more even if on plan?
Have you eaten less and therefore not enough?
Eaten more salty foods?
Have you been unwell at all?
Are your bowels regular?
Gotten enough sleep?

All these things and a few more will upset weight loss so take heart and carry on!

I had the same problem and going by Shirleen's list: I can answer yes to atleast of 4 of those, and they would all individually make a difference-never mind if it's more than one-so its worth looking at :) good luck mate

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Don't give up stick with it!!
Make sure you've passed your diary to your C (if you go to a class) if you didn't do one - are you sure you was 100%? if you have and were, sometimes it happens. You might have had a good week the week before or the scales just need to catch up next week.

Back