Ready to start

vj

Great to find this part of the forum.

Yet another yo-yo dieter here. I love CD but the cost is too much and when my cheque bounced, so very embarrassed about going back to my lovey cdc. Still, that was a couple of years ago now.
I have 2 girls and the youngest will be turning 3 in Dec. I can hardly call my excess fat baby weight, can I?
I've just googled cheapest vlcd (reasons below) and slim & save came up so I ordered the £99 4 week package with free delivery. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week so I can get started.
Today I am 14 stone and I long to be in the 10s because then my size 12 attic clothes can be worn again (last time was early 2008 before I was pregnant, then stored whilst maternity wear replaced them, sadly they haven't been back).
I ordered a pair of jeans from ebay in 16 because they are doing jeans4genes on 14th Oct in work. I loved them as soon as I saw them, really deep purple. They arrived today and they are gorgeous BUT they don't fit, I can get them on but there is no way they will do up. Seems I've been a little too comfy in elasticated waistlines. Option 1 is lose the weight on vlcd or back up plan get the maternity modesty panel out.:cry:
I have some packs left from KEEdiet (classic yo-yo symptom, packed next to sw mags) so I'm ready to start vlcd.
The variety of S&S looks good so here's to my 1st month. May my jeans fit in time...

Good luck vj!

Thanks.
Day 1 and just starting vlcd until stock arrives. Well, of course hunger pangs have started but that is just because of my bad eating habits. Woke up nervous today. Probably because I'm really wanting to succeed with a short term goal yet know how rubbish I am at giving in to temptation, especially red wine in the evenings. I have told myself to stay off the scales for a week so I see good results, a daily weigh in is another bad habit.
Must stay out of my kitchen and not use my children as an excuse for unhealthy and unwanted snacking.

Thanks.
know how rubbish I am at giving in to temptation, especially red wine in the evenings.

You're looking at a committed white wine drinker here. A glass (or 3) most evenings pre this diet. If I can manage to have 6 weeks without wine then I reckon that anyone can! :) I also find that alcohol weakens my resolve, so even if I've been good on other diets up until the evening, once I had a glass of wine it would make me have another glass of wine and then head to the fridge. A VLCD without alcohol has really helped stop this weakness for me.

Good Luck, and come on here if you need support or need to vent!

Terrible, isn't it? Wine leads to fridge raiding and mega guilt. Not sure how I'll cope when dh is having the odd glass, can't ask him to give up in sympathy too, can I?
Yippee, I've had my s&s text that my order has been dispatched this morning. Definitely on my diet journey when that arrives. Tummy is really rumbling but I've ignored it. It is tricky when you consciously have to not eat something like a bit of chocolate spread you are putting on toast or unfinished wotsits. How do toddlers do it, only it the bare minimum to survive and it never seems enough but my dd happily leaves unfinished food, maybe she needs to teach me!
Been to the dentist 4 a check up and need a small filling but have to pay nearly £50 for that pleasure, it is all money going out at the mo. Both my daughters have birthdays before Xmas, luckily toysrus had a 20% discount code this weekend so I got a bargain on a 3ds console.

Good luck with the diet x I totally agree with the wine I havent touched any for 5 weeks now but my results more than make up for it :D

Not sure how I'll cope when dh is having the odd glass, can't ask him to give up in sympathy too, can I?

Mine doesn't drink wine luckily and I'm quite happy to see him sup beer in the evening as I don't really want that anyway. To be honest after the first few days I haven't really craved wine. It was just a habit more than anything I think!

Thanks. I definitely need more luck, plus motivation and determination. Not asking the world, am I?

Back