Real long shot - old car keys ....

Starlight

Gold Member
This is SUCH a long shot but with Minimins, well you never know ;)

My 4 year old niece is fascinated with my car, so much so she wants a Beetle when shes a big grown up girl.

At the moment her thing is my car keys. My keys are the type that you press the button on the key fob and the key bit pops out.

Anytime I see her she wants my keys and is fascinated by the keyfob lol

I was wondering. and I know its a seriously remote offchance, but does anyone have a similar type key lying about for an old car or something that they dont use??

there may be one in work... I will check tomorrow and let ya know...

It would be off a VW van tho.... would that be ok??? Itst the same as far as I can remember!!!

there may be one in work... I will check tomorrow and let ya know...

It would be off a VW van tho.... would that be ok??? Itst the same as far as I can remember!!!

It wouldnt matter a bit what its off Gen :) a VW one would be wonderful though. Shes always asking if she can 'just keep' my spare set :rolleyes:

Thanks a million :)

And if I do get a key, I know just the keyring to buy to put it on ;)

It wouldnt matter a bit what its off Gen :) a VW one would be wonderful though. Shes always asking if she can 'just keep' my spare set :rolleyes:

Thanks a million :)

And if I do get a key, I know just the keyring to buy to put it on ;)

Well we have VW vans in work... and have changed them in the last couple of months... now if the lads 'forgot' to bring the spare key then there will be one hanging around... and I'm nearly sure its the same... its the one with the silver butter on the main part that ya press and the key pops out?????

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.... have one!!!!

PM me your address and I'll stick it in the post to ya!!!

Gen

The key arrived this morning. Its just perfect! She'll love it.

I managed to get a nice wee keyring for her with her name on it :)

Im seeing her tomorrow so Ill let you know how it goes down.

Thank you SO much for sending it

*HUGS*

Ahhh thats brill... took a while tho :confused::confused: bloody post eh!!!

Anyways I'm delighted it got there safe and sound and am only dying to hear her reaction!!!!! Hope she loves it... I would have been totally the same at her age :D:D:D

xxx

WELL! Whod have thought a 2nd hand car key could go down so well!! I bought 2 keyrings, one with Emma on it and the other was a pink/silver fairy.

I showed her the keyring with her name and she looked a wee bit puzzled til I explained that they were for her and it was her very own key, to keep. She LOVED it. Was tickled pink then spotted the VW logo on it and shrieked 'Its a Beetle key' (ok so its not but hey shes only 4) The fact it had a light on that flashes when she presses the fob and mine doesnt, was just the icing on the cake.

The classic tho was when she said that shed keep it til she was grown up and had her own Beetle car and when she went to buy it she could tell the man she didnt need a key for it - cos she had one lol

We went out this afternoon and she HAD to take her car keys and when I left she was clutching them and waving with them... I think we can safely say it was a huge success... much better than I expected

Gen... youre a STAR!! Thank you SO SO much - you made a little girl awful happy :)

WELL! Whod have thought a 2nd hand car key could go down so well!! I bought 2 keyrings, one with Emma on it and the other was a pink/silver fairy.

I showed her the keyring with her name and she looked a wee bit puzzled til I explained that they were for her and it was her very own key, to keep. She LOVED it. Was tickled pink then spotted the VW logo on it and shrieked 'Its a Beetle key' (ok so its not but hey shes only 4) The fact it had a light on that flashes when she presses the fob and mine doesnt, was just the icing on the cake.

The classic tho was when she said that shed keep it til she was grown up and had her own Beetle car and when she went to buy it she could tell the man she didnt need a key for it - cos she had one lol

We went out this afternoon and she HAD to take her car keys and when I left she was clutching them and waving with them... I think we can safely say it was a huge success... much better than I expected

Gen... youre a STAR!! Thank you SO SO much - you made a little girl awful happy :)

I actually have tears in my eyes after reading that... and yes I am a big softie lol

That is brill I'm so happy she was happy!!!!

Innocence eh!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Back