real v artificial

Will try tomorrow

We always go to my Grandma's for Xmas day and boxing day so we don't bother putting up a tree at our house, too much hassle.

My Gran has a 2-foot plastic one that you plug in and the "tips" of the "needles" light up, it does well enough and avoids mess/clutter/packing it all away again on the day after boxing day.

My family has never done a real "full-on Christmas" thing, we just don't see the point *shrugs*

they were putting up tree's at the school I work at today, and I found myself thinking "whats the point? we're not even here for Christmas, we leave in 2 weeks??"

sorry if that sounds like a humbug :eek:

wait till the kids arrive then you have no choice, your whole front room becomes a shrine to advent calendars!! mind you, i remember how exciting christmas was when i was a kid so i want my kids to have the same memories. We used to go to the midnight church service then when we got home we were allowed to open one present, then bed, we used to get up in the middle of the night and wake up our dad saying "has he been yet" and my dad would go into the front room and say "no, not yet back to bed" until it was at least 6am, then the fun began. My mam would make a massive pile of toast that no-one ate cos we were too busy with selection box "trading", marathons v mars bars! LOL, oh those were the times x

wait till the kids arrive then you have no choice, your whole front room becomes a shrine to advent calendars!! mind you, i remember how exciting christmas was when i was a kid so i want my kids to have the same memories. We used to go to the midnight church service then when we got home we were allowed to open one present, then bed, we used to get up in the middle of the night and wake up our dad saying "has he been yet" and my dad would go into the front room and say "no, not yet back to bed" until it was at least 6am, then the fun began. My mam would make a massive pile of toast that no-one ate cos we were too busy with selection box "trading", marathons v mars bars! LOL, oh those were the times x

aww they were the days!! my wee girl will be four at xmas and this is like the 1st yr she really understands whats it all about, its great for the kiddies seeing there faces lighting up :)

oh i bet she is excited, be fab for you and your OH.... i was chatting to my sis-in-law yesterday and she said her boys are hyper!! they still believe in santa but this might be their last year.

I really want to feel more festive, i just don't, do you reckon its cos i got all my prezzies too early?

Think my tree is gonna have to go up x

piccy please :D:D

haven't forgot. Have taken some but am ashamed to say dont know how to get from camera to computor. will get mr B to do tonight then I can post them on here.:eek:

oh i bet she is excited, be fab for you and your OH.... i was chatting to my sis-in-law yesterday and she said her boys are hyper!! they still believe in santa but this might be their last year.

I really want to feel more festive, i just don't, do you reckon its cos i got all my prezzies too early?

Think my tree is gonna have to go up x

im putting mine up either sunday/monday cant wait :) i still have few things to buy. have you all wrapped ?

haven't forgot. Have taken some but am ashamed to say dont know how to get from camera to computor. will get mr B to do tonight then I can post them on here.:eek:

hhheee!! if its a digital camera there should be a cable that came with it you plug one end into the camra and the other end into the usb port in the pc :) then a screen should come up atomachially and scroll to the bottom open folder to view pics then just drap the one you want to the desktop and then upload it here. you see the wee paper clip when u are replying to a thread click it and then browse for pic so it will be on your desktop then click the file and it will upload then you just close it. you wont see the pic until you post :)

have you all wrapped ?

Not yet, i've got the most glam wrapping paper thou, its from QVC called snap and wrap (have a look), it looks gorgeous but for the kids i have cheap stuff from woolies, ends up being ripped to shreads...

I was thinking of putting up my tree next weekend but hey i might put it up before, no-one round me has anything up yet but they might be waiting so their not the first, LOL

Thanks becky. Have discovered how to gets pics onto just not from the camera onto the computor..poor pathetic creature that I am:8855:

hey, we can't be good at everything!! LOL.. once you get your OH to load it start a new thread, it might infect me with the christmas spirit!!

:Dperhaps I should satrt a new thread 'reasons to drink at christmas'
1 its cold
2 its christmas
3 someone bought me a bottle as a gift
4 drown my sorrows cos i've gained weight
5 or celebrate cos I havent
6 its only a month to mr b's birthday
7 its only 8 weeks to valentines day

do you detect a theme here ?:8855:

Back