real v artificial

Freefalling

Gold Member
right guys, what are you opting for? a real tree or a artificial one? :confused::confused::confused:

I've got a tree in the loft but for some reason i am really into the thought of a real tree .....

decisions decisions :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ohhhh go for a real tree, you cant beat a real Xmas tree :)

sounds gorgeous in theory huh? and OH has never had a real one, you know how exciting it is going to pick one. The one thing thats really putting me off is the mess - pine needles!!! although we have wood floors so i could sweap dead easily.

how long do they last? when should we get one?

My parents always have a real tree, they get it treated before they get it and keep it in a bucket filled with stones etc and water it and they NEVER have a pine needle problem. Their tree goes up on Dec 15 and comes down on Jan 4 and it always looks great. Even when its being taken out the house and is brushing against walls etc theres almost no needles come off it.

wow, they are obviously green fingered! i never knew you could get a tree treated? do you go to selfridges for that, LOL, jesting.

Def sounds fab, we should start a thread so show off our tree's to eachother - or do you guys do that already??

Real for me everytime, love the smell they feel mor christmasy if that makes sense x

we just have a fake tree :) bf's mum always has a real one the smell is soo xmassy!

freefalling i love that idea of posting pics of each others trees :D mine wont be up til the 8th dec :)

Would love a real one one year but I also have a cat, and do worry about the mess from the needles.

We are buying a new artificial one this year as had current one longer than have known my husband. Think its time for a change ( the tree not the hubby !!)

yeah becky, i'll def do it too... i won't have mine up till the 12th i think, although given half a chance i would do it today LOL

our tree is huge, i love getting it up but it takes up soo much space i wish we had of got a smaller one! sophie is always pulling the stuff of it :rolleyes:

oh i love your candy canes they are so pretty!!! thats a brainwave about putting on the choccies when santa comes, we never have any left about 3 days after they go on, LOL

that tree is like 4years old and falling apart.might be time to get a new one. im on at himself about getting some lights from outside nothing mad or anything maybe just some icckle ones over the front door. i think il just buy them then he will have to put them up!!!

sounds like a plan, tesco have some good deals on outdoor lights -oh and homebase! we don't have anything outside, my neighbours put little lights on bushes and stuff but all we do is put up welcome lights, you know the ones that are on an unside down v shape!! last year we put robins up at my mum's but they kept falling down and tbh the wires drive me mad. Why don't decoration come without wires and with batteries instead??

Back