Realisation

Woo hoo!!! You go girl - looking good!!

curvesncurls said:
Woo hoo!!! You go girl - looking good!!

Thanks! Saw him for half an hour this afternoon when he got back from camp :D went into the TA base with him-he was the only one there so we had snuggles in front of the tv! He's back in work on monday and then off all week again, so it's brilliant cos I'll get to see him again in the next few days :D cos I'm off work for another 10 days :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
Thanks! Saw him for half an hour this afternoon when he got back from camp :D went into the TA base with him-he was the only one there so we had snuggles in front of the tv! He's back in work on monday and then off all week again, so it's brilliant cos I'll get to see him again in the next few days :D cos I'm off work for another 10 days :D

Well what can I say! Things have gone a bit strange! After i saw him on Friday, we were txting as normal Friday and Saturday! Didnt hear too much from him on Saturday as he had the boys, cos his middle son was playing in a football tournament but he messaged me at night as normal which was fine! Sunday however was an odd one! Didn't hear from him til gone 10pm and when I did I knew something was different! I know it sounds silly but it's obvious something isn't right when txts change from saying 'hun' with lots of kisses at the end, to 'matey' with none! I text him this morning and he replied straight away but just a very short reply! The panic set in then-trying to work out what I've done! This afternoon he finally messaged me and it's all become clear! He's very stressed with the divorce and house and kids and he said he's just got alot on his mind! I decided to do the right thing and take the pressure off-I text him to say that I'm not going anywhere for now, and that hugs and dinner can wait-we waited 3 weeks between first 2 dates so figure another few weeks would be ok! I've also let him know that I will be there for him in whatever capacity he wants-be it a shoulder to cry on, or hugs or whatever, he said thank you and he knows I'm sincere about it! I just hope I've done the right thing!
Ive known from the start that there would be a divorce on the cards but it's gonna be tough! My best friend went thru the same and I know she was just grateful of someone there! Hope it's not the end-he's not given any indication of that, just that he has alot on his mind! The txts have regained their kisses and I'm a bit happier-I just hope everything works out cos he's ace and I know he likes me too :)

Last edited:
I think you've handled it perfectly. It sounds like he needs space to be able to take in everything at the moment - the end of one relationship, the possible start of a new one. You don't say what the history is with his soon-to-be-ex, but my guess is he's probably very wary of messing up things with you and doesn't want to take things too quickly. It also looks to me as if he's sensitive about your feelings too.

Just give him and your relationship time. Easier said than done, I know, but in the grand scheme of thigs, so what if it takes a bit longer to get going?

xx

Leapfrog said:
I think you've handled it perfectly. It sounds like he needs space to be able to take in everything at the moment - the end of one relationship, the possible start of a new one. You don't say what the history is with his soon-to-be-ex, but my guess is he's probably very wary of messing up things with you and doesn't want to take things too quickly. It also looks to me as if he's sensitive about your feelings too.

Just give him and your relationship time. Easier said than done, I know, but in the grand scheme of thigs, so what if it takes a bit longer to get going?

xx

She had an affair, he forgave her and took her back, and she did it again! So he was hurt big time! He said originally that he wants to find a faithful loyal woman, and he said he'd love to be loved again! I'd be more than happy to take time with him, as he's changed my life so much in the month I've known him :)
Thanks for replying, just feeling a bit meh! Altho atleast he's still txting which shows I'm still on his mind to a degree

OMG It's my story in reverse!!! Ex-hubby had an affair, I took him back, he then met another woman and we were divorced a couple of years ago. Very soon after he left me I met my soon-to-be new husband but was sooooo wary of hurting his feelings that I didn't make any moves until I was absolutely sure.

I do hope your man is doing the same & it works out for you both.
xx

Leapfrog said:
OMG It's my story in reverse!!! Ex-hubby had an affair, I took him back, he then met another woman and we were divorced a couple of years ago. Very soon after he left me I met my soon-to-be new husband but was sooooo wary of hurting his feelings that I didn't make any moves until I was absolutely sure.

I do hope your man is doing the same & it works out for you both.
xx

So do I, thanks LF :)

Welshtigger - I've tried to reply to your PM, but you're out of message space. Time for a clearout! Let me know when you have room and I'll reply (or I can reply here if you like) but it probably won't be until tomorrow. must go and shower after my shred and before OH gets home from work

Leapfrog said:
Welshtigger - I've tried to reply to your PM, but you're out of message space. Time for a clearout! Let me know when you have room and I'll reply (or I can reply here if you like) but it probably won't be until tomorrow. must go and shower after my shred and before OH gets home from work

Space cleared! Sorry

Leapfrog said:
No probs. Have pmed you

Just a quicky update, I sent my good night message as normal and I got a proper reply, not just 'night' like yesterday!

Just read this thread from end to end and just want to add how pleased I am for you that things are much better than they were a few weeks ago. You have definitely handled the marine in the best way, so hopefully it will all work out for you in the end, I'm a sucker for a happy ending :) xx

Maverick said:
Just read this thread from end to end and just want to add how pleased I am for you that things are much better than they were a few weeks ago. You have definitely handled the marine in the best way, so hopefully it will all work out for you in the end, I'm a sucker for a happy ending :) xx

Thanks Laura, it's good to know I've done what is hopefully the right thing-and have carried on as normal-last thing at night I have been txting him to say good night, and did the same last night, and he replied! And then this morning I txt him to let him know how I'd got on at wi, and he again text straight back! Just gotta hope it's not the end!! Keep everything crossed for me please xx

Hopefully seeing him on Sunday! It's a no pressure, slowly slowly catchy monkey thing! And if it's meant to be, then it'll happen :) x

Hey WT! Just read the whole thread and wanted to say good luck - hope all goes well! I found that the start of a new relationships is so exciting on one hand and so frustrating on the other but if its meant to be, then it will be. In the meantime, enjoy getting dressed up and being a glamour puss for your date with him(presuming you're not going running!!) and I agree that you look stunning in your picture!!

Enjoy!!

Daisy-11 said:
Hey WT! Just read the whole thread and wanted to say good luck - hope all goes well! I found that the start of a new relationships is so exciting on one hand and so frustrating on the other but if its meant to be, then it will be. In the meantime, enjoy getting dressed up and being a glamour puss for your date with him(presuming you're not going running!!) and I agree that you look stunning in your picture!!

Enjoy!!

Thanks Daisy! We've not got another date arranged yet, don't wanna put any pressure on him at the moment-just wanna let me sort stuff out first! I'm over near his village on Sunday as I'm dropping my friend off, so he's said he's working but will come and find me if he's not on a call-out! Just keeping my fingers crossed that no one needs a paramedic on Sunday evening :( xx

Just a quick update for anyone who reads this! His situation has got no better-possibly worse of late! He's been more and more stressed and going round with his head up his ar*e! I have had to make the decision, that for my own sanity, I need to just be mates with him for now as I can't cope with the 'waiting for it to all blow over'
I know I'm not gonna lose him completely, and I'm cool with that, but feel I needed to make that distinction in my head so I wasn't stressing all the time! I'll still speak to him most days and see him and stuff, but for now, just as mates! It was a tough decision to make, but the best one for me at the moment :) and I'm ok with it :) xx

These situations are never simple, especially when there are children involved as it makes it difficult to make a clean break.

Just give him time WT and be there for him when he's ready. He's lucky to have found someone so understanding - it sounds like he needs to put the past behind him, move on and realise what he's got with you.

xx

Leapfrog said:
These situations are never simple, especially when there are children involved as it makes it difficult to make a clean break.

Just give him time WT and be there for him when he's ready. He's lucky to have found someone so understanding - it sounds like he needs to put the past behind him, move on and realise what he's got with you.

xx

Thanks, I feel alot better about it all to be honest x

Back