Realistically how long to get 50lbs off?

Minnie64

Think thin
Hi peeps
Well today is day 1 of my re-start. I lost quite a bit of weight earlier this year but, due to medication, have put it all back and and 1½ stone more!!! I am now off my medication. I want to lose 50lbs. Realistically if I stick with SS, do you think I could get it off by the end of March or should I be looking more towards Easter/end of April? Good luck to all everybody
xxxxxx

Hi I reckon you could do it by the end of march if you are 100% focussed,I lost 55 lbs in 14 weeks,good luck
xx

Hi peeps
Well today is day 1 of my re-start. I lost quite a bit of weight earlier this year but, due to medication, have put it all back and and 1½ stone more!!! I am now off my medication. I want to lose 50lbs. Realistically if I stick with SS, do you think I could get it off by the end of March or should I be looking more towards Easter/end of April? Good luck to all everybody
xxxxxx

hey there - well done on your re-start :)

Most people lose 1 stone per month on SS - more in first 4 weeks....so if you base your estimates on 3.5lbs per week (14lbs per 4 weeks), that would mean it would take you just over 14 weeks to lose 50lbs....:D which would take you to 3rd April -ish

I think it's better to under estimate your losses - i.e. go for the average (14lbs per 4 weeks) and then if you lose more, it's a bonus :D

Expecting (and planning) for higher losses can sometimes leave people feeling disappointed and feeling like a failure if they don't lose quicker.... we are all different and lose at different rates - I have a client who has lost 4stone in just 8 weeks :eek: but this is not typical - so aim for the 'norm' and fingers crossed you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Good luck.....and keep us posted !

Debz xxx

Thanks for your replies. I won't know my weekly losses as, as I have said in a separate post, I don't want to know my weekly losses. I will just ask CDC to let me know when I have reached a loss of 50lbs and then go up the plans! Might not stick to that but going to give it a go.
Good luck everyone
xxx

Back