really angry

louisedan

Gold Member
When it was time to renew my insurance ,dh found a aquote that was over £100 cheaper than the firm I was with. Contacted them and they couldn't match it so said we'd leave it. But didnt say I wish to cancel. Anyway though it was cancelled and went with the new firm.The new one wanted a copy of my no claims but wouldn't accept the one sent to me by the 1st firm as it wasn't on headed paper. Understandable I thought, and phoned the 1st firm for a acopy.Was then told I had a current policy with them. Told them I didnt but they asked for over £120 to cancel it. However they would check the phone calls to see if I had done what I said. Week later I get a aletter demanding payment. Contacyted them and because I apparently didn't say use their wording they are threatening me with a adebt agency etc. Just written back and now waiting the reply.And they are refusing to send me the no claims so that will cost me over £200.

Talk about taking the p*ss bloody insurance companies. I do hope that you get it all sorted. XX

sent a letter to them as well.It could cost £400 when you add it all up.So written to the broker whose demamding the cash etc,the insurance company ,fsa and ombudsman.Bet I wont get anywhere though

My opinion of insurance companies is so low it is on the ground. The thing they seem to do best is wriggle out of paying as many claims as possible.

I agree you should read your small print and see if you are in the right.

Don't give up, make as much noise as you can. £400 is not easy come by these days and how dare they make it almost impossible for you to exercise your freedom to insure where you want to...........not on !!!!

Sue xx

If it's the broker demanding the fee, I bet it's to cover the loss of his commission which will have to be repaid, by you cancelling the plan early.

If the broker decides to take things further to get his money it will cost him about £500, even if he wins or loses.

So if I were you I'd stick to my guns & not give them the money.

Back