really annoyed with myself!

moonbeams

Why, why, why o why did i do it???

I'm usually really strict with myself and only weigh in once a week, as then i know the scales will (hopefully) show a reasonable loss. My weigh in day is Monday and what have i done?? yup, couldn't resist i've popped on the scales this morning. Now i am proper p'ed off as i'm showing less than a half pound loss! So now i'm on a big downer. I'm not constipated or totm.
I don't know if i'm more cross about lack of weight loss or doing a mid week weigh in. arrggghhhh!

btw, as it's a bit quiet on here this morning i was checking out the rest of minmins. Does anyone know why we can't access the strictly ss forum? I'm intrigued now as to what goes on in there lol as i can't get in

Hello lovie.
How far are you into the diet??
I know if it's your first week you might just have to wait a little bit longer.
I held onto water for dear life (even though I couldn't tell i was) for the first 5 days then, whoosh! it all went away.
Try to stay positive until Monday and see what happens.
I know how demotivating it is, but try and keep strong.
I've had a sh*ty week and I defo would have caved it wasn't for every lovely person on here keeping everyone else strong :)

xxxxxxx

thanks honey, I'm on day 19 and for the first 2 weeks i've had good weight losses. I think i got on the scales this morning to make it seem worthwhile that i'm missing my best friends birthday meal out tonight. so it was a bit of a kick in the teeth to find i'm missing it because i'm dieting AND i've hardly lost any weight!
Usually on vlcd's i have really consistant weight losses of around 4 pounds a week ( after the first couple) and i can't see me achieving that this week.
I know your right, wait til monday and see what happens i'm just having a real fed up and feel sorry for myself day xx

Hi moonbeams,
Sorry you are so disappointed, the exact same thing happened to me in week 3, but just to let you know that was the only week it happened for me and since then (in week 12) I loose an average of 4.5 pounds a week! I go for a fast walk for a complete hour everyday on my lunch and I notice this is speeding up weightloss. Also Im sagging all over because of huge weight and this really toned my legs and even arms up. Just to note I weigh myself everyday, its totally not recommended for the reason that happened to you, but I just cant help myself, Im rarely dissapointed and loose something everyday, and for the days when I dont, it seems to come of double the next and so on. Thats what works for me. So chin up if you are staying 100% you will definitely loose it by next week.x

Well first thing first your doing so well .... I have been on total solution for 3weeks now and have lost 11lb but its been a real struggle im not gonna lie i was starving the 1st week and i had a few blips, but im suddenly realising why im doing this and what i need to do ... i kept weighing myself every 2days stupid idea felt like crap so i try to stick to 1 x a week now .

good lucks ladies.....

Last edited:
Hi
I'm an obsessive weigher - sometimes weighing myself more than once in a day. If it's any consolation to you, I weighed myself the night before my WI and, according to the scales I'd only lost 1lb that week ...

... by the morning the scales registered a 3lb loss so I bet by Monday you'll have lost a fair bit more. Hang on in there :)

ahhh thanks so much for your words of wisdom, you've cheered me up, plus i've been to visit a friend today who probably won't be here at xmas as she so poorly and that has made me have a word with myself and realise i've got f all to be bloomin moaning about!!
So i'll not be touching the scales again until monday and i'll be thankful for whatever i've lost :) xx

ahhh thanks so much for your words of wisdom, you've cheered me up, plus i've been to visit a friend today who probably won't be here at xmas as she so poorly and that has made me have a word with myself and realise i've got f all to be bloomin moaning about!!
So i'll not be touching the scales again until monday and i'll be thankful for whatever i've lost :) xx

:( we have so much to be grateful for, bet your friend was really glad to see you and would be proud of your achievement.

You are doing the right thing to improve your health and well-being, some days it will be hard and some weeks slower than others but, as long as we get the result we want it's onwards and downwards :D
Hopefully you will get a good surprise on Monday and whatever it is, a loss is better than a gain and each pound adds up to be gone for good. xx

Nursie is right. If we all weighed ourselves at the start of the journey and again 3 months later to find we'd lost 3st, it would be irrelevant whether we lost 1lb one weeks and 4lb another ... it's what it has amounted to over a period of time that's the important thing. It's because we obsessively weigh (and I'm probably the biggest culprit there) that we know every slip and success down to the Nth degree. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do on Monday.

PS
So sorry to hear about your friend. Kind of puts things inot perspective doesn't it

Yay well done MB. Good going. xx

That's fantastic MB ... if you're in any doubt what an achievement that is, weigh out 2.5lb of rice into a bag and actually FEEL how much fat has disappeared from your body. Well done :)

Back