Step 1 Sole Source Really appreciate some advice x

MissieCB

Gold Member
Hey everyone, I have been following SS for a week and been going to the gym a lot and gradually incorporated shakes before this (I had some left over). I have been going for a few weeks to the gym and didnt want to stop although I have slowed down a little.

Anyway I weighed myself this morning and have only lost 1.6lbs and wondered if this was due to exercise or maybe its just not for me this time round. Last time I lost loads but wasnt going to the gym! I really dont want to stop going either as I really enjoy it and think its helping me tone. Also I have lost about half an inch all round.

Is anyone else exercising and doing SS?

Also meeting my CDC on sunday for more shakes and dont really want to part with the money if its not going to work!!!

Do I give it one more week! Advise would be really appreciated as I dont know if i should smile at the loss or cry at it not being more!!!!

Anyone!!!! Should i stop exercising all together???

Or stop CDing! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pls help me :sign0163:

Hey, I'm no expert but I would stick with it. Have you been doing measurements aswell? I bet you are losing inches. You will be gaining muscle with your workouts and that weighs more than fat soni would guess that's the reason
I'm sure you are toning and getting slimmer just not having massive losses because of the lean muscle you are building

You say you started incorporating shakes before you officially restarted. So that means that in the weeks before your restart you would've lost the water and glycogen that you normally lose in week one.

Hard truth time - 1.6lbs is actually not bad for a week one where you've already lost water weight, done exercise (which makes your muscles temporarily retain water in order to heal them and strengthen them) and started (assuming your stats are right) from a BMI that wasn't far above 25. And in fact, once your BMI reaches 25.0 you'll need to move up to at least 810 anyway in order to take in enough protein to protect the lean muscle mass you're building with all that lovely exercise.

You just aren't going to lose 3-4lbs a week because you simply haven't as much to lose as many of us around here. It's more likely to average around 2lbs a week. But that's still better than it would be on WW or SW or similar. :)

Hi guys I appreciate this and have lost inches!!! Just a little disappointed I guess. CDC says I should maybe lay off gym til I get to target the start going instead!

So blimin confusing but I Dnt wanna give up at all.

Thinking try week no gym and see what happens?

I appreciate 2lbs I'd good but I am consuming a lot less calories on this than ww or sw....I think.

So carry on or kill gym for a week????
What ya think x

You are doing everything right hun but like me i walk 30 minutes to work every day and walk back but when i weigh myself in the morning i would be 6lbs lighter but when i come back from work i always gain 7lbs or more and my CDC always come evening for my weigh in and i never have a good loss , so next week i will take a bus to and from work and see if that walk affect my loss. So you don't worry cos you are going to the gym and you are building muscles and they are heavy maybe that why.;)

No, I think I'd keep doing what you're doing - keep going to the gym. Just remember to go up to 810 when you hit a BMI of 25.0 otherwise you're at risk of burning your own muscle mass for energy (which rather defeats the object of going to the gym!).

Here you go, I got this off the website. I would evaluate how intense your gym routine is and perhaps move up a step or two.

"eating and a physically active lifestyle. Being physically active forms an important part of your weight-loss journey, and is also key to your long-term weight management.How much exercise you undertake depends on a number of factors: what Step you are following; any medical conditions you have or medications you take; your current capability for exercise; age; lifestyle and your current level of activity.
It is recommended that other than gentle walking, no physical activity be undertaken in the first two weeks of Step 1. This will allow your body to adjust to being on a VLCD. After this period, gentle to moderate intensity exercise is encouraged. If you want to do rigorous exercise at the gym or you are in training for a sports event, Step 3: 1000kcal/d or more would be more suitable."

Right ummmmmm well I'm thinking I'm gonna persevere maybe cut gym intensity down a bit!!!!

Also when I get to goal I need something to keep me there!!!!

I'm on ss+ atm and do 3 hours of cheerleading a week where do do a mix of jumps tumbles dance stunts and pyramid and as its coming up to competition (eekk next week) my coach makes us do the routine full of for about 2 hours of the training sessions and I'm finding that my weight losses are fine. I think keeping up the eexercise is a good thing to do as it tones your body and to stops you bmr from dropping too low. I have been doing cheer since well before I started this diet and still went in my first week's of ss. Just do as much as your body allows. If you feel weak stop sit down and drink plenty. As for the losses they may be smaller but the tanning of your body is more important. I believe that at the end of the day it's bot about your weight it's about how you feel in your body xx

So had a long chat with my CDC and im going to cut the gym down to twice a weeks not 7 times loool!!! See what happens. But definitely work my way up the steps this time slowly but surely.

So its back to it and i have all my shakes with me.......fingers crossed for me everyone xxx

Thanks for all the advice xx

Back