Really craving pizza

becki100

can anybody recommend a pizza base that is within syns as I am really missing pizza. Ive tried the pitta base but it just isn't the same.

Thanks

how about the smash pizza, I love it and beats the craving for me

For a quick pizza fix I either use a small Napolina pizza base for 11syns, or a Warburtons square sandwich wrap for 7 syns. Both are yummy

x

Here's one.............

Pete’s Pizza made from Instant Mash (3)

Serves 4

Ingredients

Use 125g from a pack of Sainsbury Instant Mash (250g)
One Tsp of mixed herbs.

Method

Mix together then add hot water until the mix is like bread doe.
Add 1 egg and mix.
Spray a Flat Pan with 3-4 Fry Light shots, wipe across pan.
Press the mix into the pan and cover in clingfilm, rolling out with a rolling pin as thin as possible, remove clingfilm.
Cook one side until light brown then slide onto a flat plate with care, add 2-3 Fry Lights then return the pizza base and cook other side 3-6 mins depends on thickness.
Allow to cool on a cake rack.

Put Passata in a pan enough to cover Pizza base, add 1 TSP Tomato Puree and a few drops of “Worcester Sauce”,add chopped basil leaves, heat till thickened but DO NOT BOIL.
Coat the Pizza base with the Passata, cook your onion in balsamic vinegar until soft, add to base.
Add your choice of “Toppings”

This was my choice of Toppings : 5balls/40g Mozzarella, 1 slices of Lean Ham, 2 Mushrooms, sprinkled with 28g of Mild Hard Cheddar and place on Pre Heated Pizza Stone at 180/190 and cook until the cheese is bubbling.

Eat with Salad.

Sainsburys Ham Sainsburys
7 wafer thin breaded Ham slices Cows Milk Mozzarella

Per 1 slice Per 5 balls/ 40g

Cal=18 Kcal=81.6
Fat=0.2g Fat=6.16g
Total Sugar=0.3g Sugar=0.5g
Salt=0.4g Salt=0.43g
Sat Fat=trace Sat Fat=4.0g

Sainsburys Sainsburys Mash
Mild Hard Cheese

Per 28g Per 100g

Kcal=110 Cal=18
Fat=9.1g Fat=0.2g
Total Sugar=0.2g Total Sugar=0.3g
Salt=0.5g Salt=0.4g
Sat Fat=6.2g Sat Fat= Trace

Attachments

• Pizza-7.JPG
    Pizza-7.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 407
  • Pizza-8.JPG
    Pizza-8.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 425
  • Pizza-9.JPG
    Pizza-9.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 397
if you look in the healthy extra section you will find a thread for a member being given their own HEB. Its Tesco flour & its used to make a pizza base. Its crunchy wholemeal bread mix & 75g is equal to 2 HEB on a red/green day or 1 HEB plus 6 syns on EE. A recipe is on the thread to make the pizza

I use Weight Watchers wraps, just 5 syns each and very yummy!

Simply spead passatta all over the wrap, and top with your favourite toppings and cheese, and place in the oven for 10 minutes or so. I usually have chicken, red onion, peppers, tomatoes, and sweetcorn as my toppings. Delicious!

Have also used the wraps to make my own cheesey garlic bread, which was gorgeous!! Simply spread with garlic paste, in the same way you would the passatta, and top with cheese. Again, place in the oven for 10 minutes or so, and enjoy! Very yummy indeed :)

what would you say a flat pan is? sorry dumb question. also i think if I bought anymore kitchen equipment my OH might get mad. Anything else i can use for a stone? xx

I bought a round 12" pizza tray from Asda for £1.80 & it works brilliantly!

there is the perfect amount of smash to fill the pan & it's soooo worth the effort (I haven't got a pizza stone) x

Sue, you nabbed my breadmix recipe idea AND the picture straight from my blog and didn't credit me!! Le shock!!! :p

Glad you like and it is useful though. I made it again last weekend to make sure I was still full of win. And I am! :D

Oh and PS, the trick is to roll it really thin, and then you can get it to the size of a dinner plate, not a side plate.

And part bake it first so it doesn't go soggy in the middle with the wet toppings. Pre cook things like mushrooms, onion, peppers, things with a lot of natural water, for optimum crustability!

Sue, you nabbed my breadmix recipe idea AND the picture straight from my blog and didn't credit me!! Le shock!!! :p

Glad you like and it is useful though. I made it again last weekend to make sure I was still full of win. And I am! :D
Sorry my love the recipe yes is from Minimins though I could not credit you as I couldn't remember who wrote it. As for the pic you'll find it is MY pizza on MY breadboard in MY kitchen lol not from your site UNLESS you have used MY picture lmao. Anyhow it is a briliant recipe for the true pizza lover for which I thank you x x x

It may be YOUR pizza on YOUR breadboard etc etc... but that's MY picture of breadmix taken with MY old phone that ended up in MY washing machine in MY old house! :D

Suechoices, that looks lovely!!! I never knew people got so worked up about pics haha..
Will be trying to make a pizza today with smash! eek.

It may be YOUR pizza on YOUR breadboard etc etc... but that's MY picture of breadmix taken with MY old phone that ended up in MY washing machine in MY old house! :D

OMG you had me in fits of laughter!! Ok you've got me, the pic of the bread mix packet is YOURS!! Hahahahaha :8855:Good photography by the way LOL

Back