Really fancy a drink

lovinthesummer

Hmmm would 2 vodkas and coke zero really be that bad. really in the humour for a drink tonight! :rolleyes:

Someone else on here drank a few vodka & zero cokes last weekend and if I recall correctly she was really ill the next day and came off plan. I wouldn't risk it.

Someone else on here drank a few vodka & zero cokes last weekend and if I recall correctly she was really ill the next day and came off plan. I wouldn't risk it.

there's no way I would be coming off plan, I've bought my next months supply. There is no way i'd be wasting the money! :D

Honeypop said the same thing last Saturday, last Sunday night she was STILL ill

ANY alcohol when youre in ketosis is a bad idea[/QUO

yeah your probably right, not a good idea
Thanks partypooper! :p

I would never advise anyone else to do it as it's meant to be really bad, but when I was on it previously I went out and drank, and I mean drank lol a few times and I was fine. But it really isn't advised by the companies!

It's now 7:14pm and I'm only starting to feel like myself. I have been so sick it was scary. I've never had a hangover like it. I had a brilliant night tho but it wasn't worth it. Te scales still stayed the same this morning. But today I wa so sick I had to have toast and tea and I'm having dinner.

Poor honey didnt plan on coming off plan either but was so ill she ended up needing something in her stomach.

I would never advise anyone else to do it as it's meant to be really bad, but when I was on it previously I went out and drank, and I mean drank lol a few times and I was fine. But it really isn't advised by the companies!

Its not just the companies that dont advise it there are so many first hand stories on Minimins of people drinking, passing out, losing hours, being very ill someone even ended up in hospital

I must admit to drinking last weekend when I was in ketosis but eating lots of carby food first as well so didn't feel too bad (and of course didn't lose anything this week and had to get back in again). I once went out on a "planned" meal, drank loads of white wine and was sicker than I'd ever been the next day. Have actually given up white wine since...

Its not just the companies that dont advise it there are so many first hand stories on Minimins of people drinking, passing out, losing hours, being very ill someone even ended up in hospital

Yeh but there are stories first hand of people being fine when drinking on VLCDs, I'm saying don't take peers advice on serious health issues, stick to the companies advice

I know of other diets where you go into ketosis and drinking is allowed. I'm not saying you can can drink loads but you can have a couple.

Personally, I don't think it's about being in ketosis...it's more about not having any food whatsoever in you stomach...we've all heard the saying ' don't drink on an empty stomach'
I've certainly had some rough nights drinking on an empty stomach!!! ;)

I would say don't do it, gosh the thought of alcohol without food is a bit scary, and I was a big drinker. Have loved not drinking for three weeks and do not miss it at all.
I wouldn't want to be sick the next day (or even risk being sick) then having to come off plan. Just go for the coke zero and have fun x

I don't know a pub that sells Coke Zero. Either full fat coke or diet coke, both of which are not allowed. I must say that I have drank whilst in ketosis with no side effects. I am not advocating anyone to do it coz it advises not to, but just saying I have suffered no ill effects from alcohol.

jojo76 said:

It was me. I had a meal on Saturday and two small vodkas. I felt very drunk after the first. The next day I couldn't stop throwing up. I couldn't lift my head or look after my baby (she was brought home at 5pm). I never het hangovers and usually drink at full bottle of vodka plus shots. Even on the monday I still felt shaken and sick. I still ate healthy but the scales went up 3lbs. I got straight back on diet on Monday tho bit it's taken me until today to lose that 3lb again. I could have lost more weight. It wasnt worth it. So tonight I went out with friends again. Had a coke zero and water and had a great time. In bed now feeling good. My experience has kept me away from drink. My point is that it takes a lot more than 3 vodkas to get me sick

Glad you are feeling better again and it's good that you are back on track now. I too have been going out and drinking water, and have not missed alcohol as much as I thought I would. I still have fun, and it makes you realise that it's up to you if you want to have fun, you don't need the booze to have a good night. I just wish pubs near me did coke zero and water can get a little bit dull after a while.

Having said that me and my husband are going away at the end of March to Germany. It's his birthday treat from me and I will be drinking in moderation. Having read what happened to you last weekend I will plan ahead at least a week in advance, starting with doing a few WS days and then gradually introducing a few carbs to bring me out of ketosis. I'm not going to go mad, and will try to choose healthy food options and keep alcohol in strict moderation but no way am I doing TS for that weekend! I paid a lot for the trip and a nice hotel so I shall enjoy myself!

Thanks everyone for your advice, Honey that sounds horrendous, glad you're feeling better now.

Well I did have 3 vodkas with coke zero, and I feel fine this morning, checked this morning and I'm still in ketosis :D

Obviously it affects people in different ways. I won't be making a habit of it, but I think as a monthly treat will be ok!

Not gonna lie, I genuinely don't understand why people choose TS and then continually break the rules. If you don't want to do TS, don't do TS. If you do want to do it, stick to it? It's not just your money getting misused but your body too.

Sorry, but this really bugs me. I'll just stay off Minis for a few days 'til people stop hating me for writing this.

Back