Really fancy a drink

I have to admit that my first reaction was what's the point of asking for advice of you are not going to take it and not stick to the plan.

However many of us on here are in for the long haul and I am sure that many of us will also have a blip or two along the way. Whether is is food or alcohol is irrelevant really, we know we shouldn't, our heads tell us not to but the little devil inside our heads keeps telling us, 'go on, just one treat, it will be ok this once'

I am on my fourth week and have managed to stay 100% so far, but however much I tell myself I won't slip at all I know I would be a fool to say it will never happen. I just hope that of it does, I will treat it as a one off and not an excuse to keep doing it.

Thanks girls, but in my defence I did read all advice and not all of it was the same, some people have had a drink and have been ok. I made a decision after reading everyones comments to have a drink that one night and luckliy have had no ill effects beacause of it.
And as far as continuously breaking the rules. I stayed 100% TS for 4 weeks and on the 29th night decided to have a drink. I don't think that makes me someone who continually breaks the rules!

Sorry if this post seems a bit abrupt but your comments are fairly harsh.

I hope you didn't interpret my post as being harsh. What I was trying to say is that even though we know it's off plan and we shouldn't at one time or another many people have something that's 'not allowed' on TS. For others it might be toast or chocolate etc. I'll bet that's it's a very small minority that stay 100% all the way. Sometimes we just have to give in to what we fancy.

loveinthesummer - I know it seemed like it, but my post wasn't directed solely at you - there have been numerous threads about this very recently and this one just tipped me over the edge. I apologise for the way I said it, but I do stand by what I said. Alcohol whilst in ketosis has been proven to be dangerous - maybe not to every person and maybe not every time, but personally I can't understand why some people choose to take that risk, even if it's only a maybe. We're all entitled to our opinions and to do things our own way, just put your health first. :)

Back