Really glad I had VERY thick hair !!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by determinator, 29 March 2010 Social URL.

1. determinator

determinator Banned

I am on week 22 of TFR and still looosing huge amounts of hair !!! My baby daughter pulled a huge chunk out at the checkout in the supermarket the other day and I am sure the lady thought I was a cancer patient the way she looked at me !
    I am just so glad that I had very very thick hair to start or I really would be going bald now ! anyone else have this degree of hair loss ? I hear its more common during re feed but I have suffered from the first week !

Katie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    ive noticed tha last few weeks my hair loss is getting more and more, i end up with what feels like handfuls when i wash it

4. rebecca02uk

rebecca02uk Wants to be slim :)

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey ladies,

I have always 'malted' so to speak after having a bath and brushing my hair, and I have noticed more of it coming out. I have quite thin hair though so haven't noticed much of a difference on the scalp. They do say that people with thicker hair notice more of a difference...

It can be quite worrying but a lot of people have re-assured me it grows back thicker and glossier than ever before once off the diet!! So fear not....!!xx

5. colly strings

colly strings ooh la la

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.5lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting/gym
    this is a major worry to me cause my hair isn't very thick anyway and i can't afford to lose very much!

for anyone who is dark haired and has a thin parting, bumble and bumble hair powder is expensive and a bit messy, but fab at covering it up!! i don't go out without spraying it down my parting, it covers my roots too x

6. Cartwoman

Cartwoman Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I noticed my hair getting a bit thinner, then again I have loads of hair and it's really thick.

7. rebecca02uk

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    What's bumble powder?x

8. colly strings

colly strings ooh la la

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.5lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting/gym
    Its basically a coloured hairspray. I use dark brown cuz I'm paranoid about the thinness of my parting and its fab. Messy if you touch it tho!

9. rebecca02uk

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oh I see, sounds good! I use batiste which is a dry shampoo and that is really powdery so bit messy if you touch it, but is white in colour!

10. Lexie_dog

Lexie_dog UNLEASHING THE BEAST!

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    SW, minimal bread!
    its alright - it does come back though , although I remember how distressing it was when it was happening to me.

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Ack, what a pain for you.

It reflects what happened about 2 months previously, so can happen after the diet is finished. It's not very common.

Definitely worth going to a health shop to ask if there is anything to help as some people find some things work.

Other find massaging their heads to stimulate blood flow helps a bit too.

Otherwise it's hanging in there knowing that it comes back healthier than the rest when it's ready.

12. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD

i dont want it to grow back thicker!! i straighten it so it looks better and not so thick :rotflmao:

13. determinator

determinator Banned

thanks , not really worried as I have VERY thick hair so its looks better now !! hope it doent grow back any thinker tho .. will have a proper afro then !!!!

14. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I had very noticeable hair loss on my first journey, resulting in some 'bald' areas but these were luckily underneath so the hair on top covered it just enough. I thought long and hard before coming back to the diet but figured I could put up with a touch of baldness if it meant I was losing weight and therefore becoming a healthier person.

15. rebecca02uk

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Did you find it grew back ok Jan?

16. jabbathehut

jabbathehut This is the last time!!

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    It did, it took a while tho, and it is very 'baby fine' now. Was very 'tufty' for a while, sticking out at all angles! I spoke to my hairdresser and she said that as it grew back last time there's nothing to say it wouldn't grow back IF it falls out again. As someone else said, I felt like I was a chemo patient - waking up to a load of hair on my pillow, the plughole being FULL after a shower. I'm not talking odd strands, I really am talking lots of hair coming out.
    It took a year of re growing before I could have any 'treatments' on my hair (ie colour) but I coped!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.