Really Slow Loss

kazbryn

Hi Can anyone help?

I have been following slimming world since Boxing Day. I had some great losses initially and have followed the plan exactly.

For the last four weeks I have lost 1/2 a pound for three weeks and stayed the same this week. I know it is still a loss but surely I should be losing more than this.

I don't always have all of my SYNS as I am not hungry.

I am following Extra Easy.

Consultant says drink more water and go back to week one!

Has anyone got any ideas what I could do to kick start my weight loss again.

I have lost 1 stone 3.5lbs so far.

I have another 3 stone to lose so it is not because I don't have much weight to lose.

Keep perservering! As you will see, my losses arnt quick but I enjoy the eating plan so I dont mind. Your body may be suffering a bit of a 'lag' and if you keep up with it the scales will follow suit!

Oh - and plenty of fibre helps too ;)

A 17lb loss over 9 weeks works out at 1.88lb per week.............to lose weight healthily SW advocate a 1-2lb loss per week, so you are well on track.....keep doing what you're doing , its working :)

What the others said, you are losing the right amount, between 1 and 2lbs a week. Youll aways lose more at the beginning of your weight loss and to be fair you dont have loads to lose anyway.

If youre worried then post a food diary and people can help if they can see where you might be going wrong. Are you eating plenty of supefree? Drinking enough water? Have you recently started exercising? How many syns is 'not all'? Eating not enough is no better than eating too much :)

I lose slow too, but once i average it out it works out at 1.2lb or something, just perserve i know its annoying sometimes, but at least we are losing. Just think, a lot of people will give up cos of the slow progress, but in a year you will have lost 26lb's if you lose just 0.5lb a week and those that gave in are still gaining weight. Slow progress is better than no progress :)

Exactly, and 1.88 lbs a week is not slow! I lose an average of 2lb a week (2.04 to be precise) which is hardly anything more than your average, but as of last week that's added up to over 8 stone in 1 year and 3 weeks!

Do you want to be 8 stone less? A year is really not that long!

Everyones body gets used to dieting eventually and losses will slow as your body is constantly "updating" your metablisim to cope with the amount of calories etc you are eating.

Increasing exercise boosts metablism, i would try this. Maybe try eating smaller meals more often as this also helps.

I know it's hard to keep at it when it seems everyone is having a big loss each week, but just add all the 0.5lbs up over the year, they are so worth losing! Maybe try eating more of your syn value, keep your metabalism going. Keep with it!!!

Plenty of water 2-3L a day, cut out salt, make sure your filling up on superfree foods :)

Just wanted to ask why you have suggested cutting out salt?

My losses have really slowed down too and I am at a loss to as why. Only lost 4lb last month and still have a long way to go.

Any suggestions welcome x

Apparently diet drinks can cause water retention- gutted!!

Yes but its WATER!!! Its NOT fat! Its only a few pounds, its not like it increases exponentially! It just means some days you'll weigh a couple of pounds more than others if you've eaten certain kinds of foods, it will go away once you STOP eating them, and it will come back again every time you start again!

I dont know why people get so hung up on water retention :confused: By this logic you should get drunk every night because alcohol is a diuretic - ergo youll lose 3lb by next morning if you drink at night. :rolleyes:

It's nothing to do with whether you are fat/overweight or not! It's WATER!

Dont trake this as a personal attack btw - it is for EVERYONE who goes on and on about water retention!

ermintrude said:
Yes but its WATER!!! Its NOT fat! Its only a few pounds, its not like it increases exponentially! It just means some days you'll weigh a couple of pounds more than others if you've eaten certain kinds of foods, it will go away once you STOP eating them, and it will come back again every time you start again!

I dont know why people get so hung up on water retention :confused: By this logic you should get drunk every night because alcohol is a diuretic - ergo youll lose 3lb by next morning if you drink at night. :rolleyes:

It's nothing to do with whether you are fat/overweight or not! It's WATER!

Dont trake this as a personal attack btw - it is for EVERYONE who goes on and on about water retention!

Yes it's water retention, and yes its water not fat. But sometimes it can be disheartening when we see a gain or have stayed the same after a hard week. I have the last 12lb to lose and a salty meal before weigh in can cause a 2-3lb gain the next day and even though it's water it's not nice to see numbers go up.. It's important for some that we don't eat salty foods etc before a weigh in because staying the same or gaining when we have worked so hard can throw us off track and make it seem pointless. At least we can all get a true weight reading if there's little water retention as possible. When im.retaining water I feel bloated. So for some me I do try my best not to retain water.

Back