Really starting to wonder if cd, is worth the time and money.

Allblue

Another wi, another disappointment. I will have been on my first month come Friday, 4 weeks of SS and SS +.

I lost great at first 10lb, then last week I gained 2-3lb. Time of the month and more SS + but this week I've lost 3lb which has put me back to where I started.

I joined Cambridge as I was getting bored of ww and wanting to speed things up, thing is I was losing and average of 2-3 lb a week on ww. I lost 2 stone on it. Which is what I seem to be averaging on this, I'm short 4 weeks by one day. So in total 10 lb loss. Sounds great. But it is what I was doing on ww. Admittedly I've lost inches. But I know now how carbs work, how they affect me and I need to keep low carb, but surely I could do that off my own back just eating a high protein diet with calorie counting like before.

Im not sure if it's worth the sacrifices of abstaining so much for these wi results. I also think my CDC has inaccurate scales. They weigh me about 3lb heavier than my own, which are also accurate to the drs scales.....

I do feel where ur cumin from..... My weight loss for last 3 weeks has been 2-3lbs i was losin that on sw and eating a shed load!!!!
Dont get me wrong im on target to lose 2st in 8 weeks (week 7 wi tomo) which i no is good but im striggling badddd now, cheating, feel miserable and tbqh its costing us a family a bomb!!! £42 on me a week plus the £70 a wk family shop hasnt gone down??? What!!!!
Fed up :(

That's where I am at. I am losing weight, yeah it's great. But I was before. At a similar rate and you do still notice the £40 a week. I'm just not really feeling it. Why deny myself so badly, when I was eating so much more socially and still losing.

I know how bad carbs affect me now, so cd has taught me that...but I'm failing to see what it's doing for me right now.

You need to do what makes you happy and feel good about yourself. If you can lose the same on WW then I think I would choose that. I have 8lbs to goal and am upping the steps, but I will join WW when I have finished this just to keep me on track!!

Allblue said:
That's where I am at. I am losing weight, yeah it's great. But I was before. At a similar rate and you do still notice the £40 a week. I'm just not really feeling it. Why deny myself so badly, when I was eating so much more socially and still losing.

I know how bad carbs affect me now, so cd has taught me that...but I'm failing to see what it's doing for me right now.

I get where you are coming from, for me personally sw or ww is not an option its all or nothin for me and cwp fits perfectly with that.

However if you feel you will stick to ww and have similiar losses go for it...

Are you drinking enough water?

Perhaps give slim and save a go its much cheaper than cwp and more product choice but no counsellor.

Ultimately the choice is yours id maybe stick at it for one more week before stopping, usually those with smaller loses have big ones the following week.

Allblue said:

I really sympathise :( its hard isnt it, im gonna speak to my cdc at weigh in tomoro about goin up to ss+ and see if havin the small eve meal helps me.... I do feel proud of what ive achieved as what iv lost in 7weeks wouldve taken about 12 on sw and im in to mostly size 14 now rather than 18 but i look at my naked body and it really doesnt look as tho 2stone is gone.. I can hardly tell :( im just impatient i guess want the pre baby body back now!!!!! Lol x

I am drinking over and above my water probably. I know, that I won't ever get my pre baby body back it's ruined. I had 4 children and nearly died, all sections. So I've had emergency surgery and my body is a mess. I just want to be a healthy bmi and slim enough to look ok in clothes. I'm so nearly there and thought cd was the answer but it's just no faster. I may look at slim and save. It's not the money as such. It's just well, you are paying I guess directly for quick results and it's not happening! :cry:

Allblue said:
I am drinking over and above my water probably. I know, that I won't ever get my pre baby body back it's ruined. I had 4 children and nearly died, all sections. So I've had emergency surgery and my body is a mess. I just want to be a healthy bmi and slim enough to look ok in clothes. I'm so nearly there and thought cd was the answer but it's just no faster. I may look at slim and save. It's not the money as such. It's just well, you are paying I guess directly for quick results and it's not happening! :cry:

Aww hun you will get there, you sound determined and whatever path you chose to reach your goal in you'll do it.

Well its a lot to spend on products if you feel you're not getting the results you want. Im considering moving to slim and save myself as more product choice and cheaper.

Hi

Am new to this and been on the Cambridge or Exante Diet.

Looking for helpful advice on, what one is more effective ?

Ultimately, you need to listen to your body. If you feel better and lose better on WW, then go for it. There is nothing wrong with going back to something you are comfortable in. You seem to have been losing really well on WW, well done !

Also for me personally Cambridge is the BEST decision i've ever made.
I've tried every single diet you could possibly name, slimming world & weight watchers were rubbish for me.
I would pay £70-80 a week if i had to for cambridge, i've been so lucky with my weight losses each week, i'd say stick with it & give it everything you got.

Thing is though Sinead, your losses have been amazing. Mine haven't. I have been giving it my all. That is what really annoys me. I've been turning down jubilee parties, not going to lunch, spending time on my own when my hubby is away rather than eat out.

Ive made 4 weeks of sacrifices to get no further than if I had of stayed on ww. Ww was working for me, I was losing 2-3 a week and wanted to just speed the last bit up. My ticker shows my wl. All but 10 was on ww. But I'm going to give it one last go this week.

Then look at doing a low carb, low gi diet like slime and save, with meals. Mixing what I've learnt from cd/ww sort of upping the steps, to the equivalent of 3-4. Having some packets to bulk out. As I know I can eat 1.5k cals a day and be losing this :(

Thing is though Sinead, your losses have been amazing. Mine haven't. I have been giving it my all. That is what really annoys me. I've been turning down jubilee parties, not going to lunch, spending time on my own when my hubby is away rather than eat out.

Ive made 4 weeks of sacrifices to get no further than if I had of stayed on ww. Ww was working for me, I was losing 2-3 a week and wanted to just speed the last bit up. My ticker shows my wl. All but 10 was on ww. But I'm going to give it one last go this week.

Then look at doing a low carb, low gi diet like slime and save, with meals. Mixing what I've learnt from cd/ww sort of upping the steps, to the equivalent of 3-4. Having some packets to bulk out. As I know I can eat 1.5k cals a day and be losing this :(

You shouldn't have to keep yourself in doors or miss out on a social life for any diet..
I've spoke about this several times on threads, i tend to stay in alot of the time anyway but when i do go out i either have a salad or just sit and drink water or take my cambridge bar. There's always ways round it. Maybe speak to your consultant? You should on average lose a stone a month on this diet, for everyone.. so maybe see what she suggests?

I'd be exactly the same as you - you do expect to see losses on this diet, and i'd be really upset if i was in your position too. Everyone is different, and maybe your body is taking longer to adjust to CD than most. I agree with you, give it another week and see what you lose. What has your consultant said about it? It does seem tho that you've only had one blip tho - and you've lost 13lbs in three weeks - have i got that right? I've re-read your message and actually, i don't think you've anything to complain about - really!!

I agree with Sinead - you shouldn't have to lock yourself away on any diet. I go out for my tea and i go to lunch with work colleagues and friends, and i always, without fail have chicken and salad. I drink water and/or diet coke... and personally, eating is lovely, but being in the company of friends is better. I can honestly say that I haven't turned down an invitation to anything while being on CD... Everyone knows that i'm always on some kind of diet, so if I'm say i'm being good and not going to drink or have a dessert, people just accept it.

I think you are being rather hard on yourself and CD... i don't think you would have lost 13lbs in three weeks on WW...

Don't fret. Let us know how you get on.

Lx

I haven't lost 13lb in three weeks? I've lost just under 10 in 4!!! Lost ten, gained, lost a tiny amount. We were expecting huge loss as totm gain and no explanation for gain apart from this but it never happened it just evened out.

So no I haven't lost 13 in 3 weeks! I would be happy. I wish! I have lost just under 10 in 4! Only had 3 proper weigh ins due to CDC holiday/bank holiday.

So I do think I've a right to be disappointed in CD as yes I would have lost exactly that on ww, as I had been doing it right up until the start of cd....I was averaging 2-3lb a week without fail. My weigh in day this week was one day before my 4th week started.

I have spoken to my counseller Sinead, he can't explain it. I'm drinking water, going to the toilet, Having my packs, sticking at it. He does not get it. But even he has now finally admitted to me my losses are slow and not the best.

So probably cd is not for me. X

Allblue said:
I haven't lost 13lb in three weeks? I've lost just under 10 in 4!!! Lost ten, gained, lost a tiny amount. We were expecting huge loss as totm gain and no explanation for gain apart from this but it never happened it just evened out.

So no I haven't lost 13 in 3 weeks! I would be happy. I wish! I have lost just under 10 in 4! Only had 3 proper weigh ins due to CDC holiday/bank holiday.

So I do think I've a right to be disappointed in CD as yes I would have lost exactly that on ww, as I had been doing it right up until the start of cd....I was averaging 2-3lb a week without fail. My weigh in day this week was one day before my 4th week started.

I have spoken to my counseller Sinead, he can't explain it. I'm drinking water, going to the toilet, Having my packs, sticking at it. He does not get it. But even he has now finally admitted to me my losses are slow and not the best.

So probably cd is not for me. X

Looks like you've made your mind up hun, if i was in the same position and able to lose the same on ww then to be honest id do the same! No one realistically wants to drink shakes but the big losses for some spurs those people on.

If you're able to be strict on ww and lose same or more why not I say :) x

Yeah I'm not going to ww per see. I'm going to follow a low gi, low fat, low carb diet. I know all about this as I had gestational diabetes, and had a dietician but take with me what I have learnt from ww and cd. Portion sizes, high protein, etc. But I'm going to be using slim and save products and doing my own version of say a step 3-4. Using all the knowledge I have to hand. As I do like the high protein, meal replacement idea, it suits me to some extent.

But my CDC admitting, my losses are slow and aren't the best. I've read that 100x now, just is the final nail for me, he's confirming what I already know.:( No motivation at all now. Thank you x

Back