Extra Easy Really struggling, please help

dipsy1512

Hi all my SW buddies,

I am really struggling to find me happy balance with working, eating and going to the gym. I work from 9-2 and dont get a lunch break and not allowed to eat at my desk. I like to go to the gym on my way home from work but find that I am either starving or feel sick having just eaten. I eat my breakfast at about half 7, so to just have a banana on my way back to the car after work is not really enough to keep me going from breakfast to dinner.

Are there any smoothies I can have on SW as if its in a glass I will be ok to have it at work? Or what else can I do? I dont want to change the time I go to the gym as because its on the way home, I go. If I get home and have to go back out again, I wont go.

Please help me eat lunch haha

Definitely no to the smoothies I'm afraid, could you make gazpacho and drink that saying it's tomato juice??? ;)

I'd advise making yourself a light lunch to eat in the car before going to the gym, and include some high sugar fruit in that, e.g. oranges, which can kick in before the banana does to give you energy. As long as you don't eat anything heavy (e.g pasta, potato) you should still be able to work out x

Just curious but why no to the smoothies?

Thats what confused me. The op didn't say about a smoothie being free just asked was it allowed and was told it was a definite no it wasnt. So surely if a smoothie suits her and she's happy to syn it then its fine.

Just being told its not allowed seemed a bit strange

I suppose absolutely anything is "allowed" on slimming world as long as you syn it (e.g. the op could have a chocolate bar for energy before the gym if she wished) - but I took it that the op was asking for something that fits in well with the plan and is low-syn (which smoothies definitely aren't - a tiny little innocent smoothie can nearly have your entire day's syns in it)

If making a smoothie helps her stick to plan and suits her lifestyle then it has to be a good thing, it might very well be a good use of her syns :)

Maybe a bit misleading to say its a definite no as opposed to explaining it would have to be synned etc ?

Agreed - I'm just so used to answering questions where the posters want something that no/low syn :)

Thats what confused me. The op didn't say about a smoothie being free just asked was it allowed and was told it was a definite no it wasnt. So surely if a smoothie suits her and she's happy to syn it then its fine.

Just being told its not allowed seemed a bit strange

You are right Starlight- syns for the smoothie would depend on the fruit added, berries are pretty low in syns when blended so would be an option but bananas are high syn so the OP might prefer to avoid them.That would be for homemade of course, shop bought are all pretty high syn but if the OP wanted to use her syns for that, thats her choice. There is a strawberry and banana smoothie in this months magazine actually from the kids range in sainsbury and that is only 2.5 syns a sachet although the sachet is pretty small at 90g. Another option would be a low syn protein shake or just mixing a HEA of milk with a syn free yoghurt

A light meal 45-60 minutes before exercising would be the best option eg a bagel (high syn though), wholegrain cereal, porridge (what about magic porridge?), nuts or seeds (HEB), boiled egg and cottage cheese, tomato juice, chicken sandwich on wholemeal (HEB). All of these could be eaten either at work after you finish your shift or in the car

Many thanks for the replies. I thought I may be able to find a really low syn blend of berries ect. I think I've now found that I m going to head to the gym before work, have my porridge before I start which should fill me up nicely until I finish at half 1. Then have a salad box made for when I get home.

Thanks again, your all great x

Don't know if this will work (as I've never really been a smoothie drinker)... Could you blend a Hex B of porridge oats with a flavoured Muller Light yoghurt and a Hex A of milk?

Smoothies are high in syns due to the fact that blending or mashing fruit releases augers in the fruits that are in a stable form when eating whole. Also it is easy to over consume as say, a banana, orange, handful strawberries, apple and pear would be quite filling and take a while to eat, however when blended into a drink you would get about a glass of smoothie that you could drink in a minute or so. Veg is good to blend though into soups as no sugars are involved and can be classed as a meal :) xxx

Back