Really Struggling right now :(

Nay.

Bum as big as my Horse's!
We've just been to Tesco and I think it's more habit because it's Saturday evening but all I wanted to do was get a nice rump steak, a couple of bottles of wine and some nibbly snacks. It didnt help that hubby shoved a box of cream eggs under my nose either :mad:
Now we are at home, I'm sulking, daughter is munching a chocolate roll thing and hubby is still being irratating. Dont know wether to cry or shout :cry:

Im sure if you really wanted it you could have fitted a steak dinner and a glass of wine into your plan. Dont feel that you are being left out , you will be the winner in the end, stick with it. Go have a bath or paint your nails, or better still get your Hubbie to do your feet for you as punishment x

Thankyou eye6769 thats cheered me up :) the steak yes I could of done and as bad as it sounds, not the wine as I wouldn't just stick to a couple of small glasses right now, I know I wouldn't. So for now until I've built up some more will power, the wine is best off left on the shelf! xx

I am having an alcohol free January so its no problem for me. I am not having it and thats it. Maybe you should just say that to yourself that you are going to have a month off Alcohol? ;)

Well i havn't had any so far this month so yes, January is alcohol free! And Feb I will have a small vodka and slimline tonic! :D thankyou xx

I always allow enough syns for a bottle of wine on a Saturday night otherwise I would feel deprived. My hubby does have some wine during the week and I've learnt not to let that bother me. If we call at the pub after we've been out with the dog I will just have diet coke and save syns for the Saturday wine

I guess it's all about finding out what you'd prefer to spend your syns on and making slimming world fit into your lifestyle as much as possible otherwise you will end up feeling deprived and then you may end up giving up x

Mmm am tempted to say absolutely , cut it out . But as a wine lover I would say that I just couldn't do it without knowing I can have a glass of wine in the evening. I haven't had any all weekend and don't fancy it ... But if I knew I couldn't have it for months , it would be all I could think about. It's great if you have strong will power and can cut something out like that. But I can't and that's why SW suits me :) and as the other lady says, you can still have your steak :)
As my nan used to say , all things in moderation x

oh couldn't give up wine....If I have white, I add soda to make it last longer.... or go for a really nice red that I sip xx

*Sally Cinnamon* said:
oh couldn't give up wine....If I have white, I add soda to make it last longer.... or go for a really nice red that I sip xx

I never thought of switching to red, and having just one glass of a really rich red. Excellent idea!

yes I find that helps....always have a glass of water when I drink red wine.... a wee penchant for Barolo & Amarone... and if only having the odd glass, I think it s worth the expense xx

Alcohol has a lot to answer for, lol.
I'm also having an alcohol-free Jan. I even had a night out lastnight and stuck to diet coke for the night. I felt so proud of myself. I did stop at the Chinese with hubby on the way home, but instead of my usual large chips, curry sauce and shredded chilli chicken, I had a third of a bag of chips and just over half of the shredded chilli chicken with no sauce at all. I know I still went over my syns, but I could have done far more damage if I let loose hehe.

I agree - it's sometimes just too difficult to have one or two drinks then stop. Have you tried any of the reduced alcohol wines? I think I saw something about them in the last SW mag (?).

I'm having an alcohol free January as well. I've tried having the Becks Blue (2.5 syns per bottle) as I thought it's make me (and everyone else - tbh I'm finding that my friends are struggling with the idea of me not drinking more than I am) feel like I'm joining in. It seems to give me a really muzzy head though. Worse than alcoholic lager would. Had anyone else tried that.

Failing that I may just have a gin, I hate gin, then I wont over do it!! :D

Lucky7 said:
I agree - it's sometimes just too difficult to have one or two drinks then stop. Have you tried any of the reduced alcohol wines? I think I saw something about them in the last SW mag (?).

I'm having an alcohol free January as well. I've tried having the Becks Blue (2.5 syns per bottle) as I thought it's make me (and everyone else - tbh I'm finding that my friends are struggling with the idea of me not drinking more than I am) feel like I'm joining in. It seems to give me a really muzzy head though. Worse than alcoholic lager would. Had anyone else tried that.

the low syn wine is banrock station light either in rose or white. my consultant says it's only 18 syns a bottle. we got some in tesco but tbh it's a bit like drinking shloer!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

banrock station light is 18 syns a bottle, but first cape is only 12 syns a bottle apparently and you can get sparkling bottles which feels a bit fancier. haha. it doesn't taste much like wine tbh but for me I think it's a good idea as psychologically it's more about the feel of having a bottle to myself (how bad does that sound :()

Back