Really struggling to get the weight off. Help!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Wasted Ink, 19 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Wasted Ink

Wasted Ink Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.16%)
    Diet:
    Heathly Eating/Calorie Counting
    I’ve been losing weight for nine months now and have lost 2 stone 7lb. Whilst I’m pleased with the loss, it seems pretty small given my starting weight and I haven’t noticed a huge amount of difference in terms of how I look/feel. Even when I started my weight loss plan, I didn’t lose more than 2lb and then slowly it’s gone to one a week and often a gain! I’m really wondering what on earth I’m doing wrong here… because this just doesn’t seem right considering how much effort I put in.

Information:

I have a BMR of 1838.65
    I eat around 1400-1600 calories daily
    I exercise for an hour and a half everyday with a moderate-high intensity. My HR tends to average at around 150 BPM during a session and peak at around 170 BPM.

On an average day I’ll eat:

Breakfast - Porridge with semi-skimmed milk topped with berries and banana
    Lunch - Tomato soup
    Dinner - Vegetable lasagne with boiled potatoes and vegetables.
    Drinks - six glasses of water; two cups of tea.

So what’s going on? I have to exercise 9 hours a week in order to achieve a 1lb loss and often I don’t even make that. What’s going on here? Someone did suggest a while ago that I wasn’t eating enough so I increased it to 1700 calories a day and reduced my excessive exercise a little, but it made no difference.

Ideas?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.