Really struggling today

Jeep

Otherwise known as Jools
Hi all

Just thought that I would pop on and have a bit of whinge as I am really struggling today. I have been doing WS most of the time since July and have lost almost 3st, but lately I have taken to eating things I shouldn't. I just cannot seem to shake the need to eat anything at the moment.

I am not sure but colleagues at work are on S&S (but they are just playing really as they are having the shakes etc for breakfast and lunch but eating large meals full of carbs in the evenings, drinking alcohol etc) and they are all annoying me. There are 5 of us in a reasonable sized office, but one types so loudly you would think she would break the keys on the keyboard - she is hitting them so hard you can hear her down the corridor and don't get me started on her clearing her throat tic that she has - every 5 mins she clears her throat like a dirty old man. Another one is slamming the plastic boxes that we keep our work around and then when they all talk the noise is just ridiculous I cannot hear my callers on the phone. Its as though they all need to have some kind of attention foisted on them.

What with all the irritations above I am fighting the urge to go and eat something I shouldn't.... I am not hungry, not even thought about food but I just have this massive urge to eat sweets and chocolate. But at the same time I want to get over this 3st hump and being only 5lb away now that I can be there in a few days does not seem to be enough to motivate me.

I keep on telling myself that 3st is a massive amount (I want to lose 2st more by Xmas) and that I have done brilliantly well to get there so far, its been quite easy to do especially on WS, I know that I can do this as have done it before, and I understand the benefits of doing this and how much better I will feel - but none of that helps when sweets and chocolate are crying to me.

I have had some water today, a cherry coke and have a coke zero to go with my lunchbar. I am tempted to eat two bars today in the hope that will stave off the urge - as I really dont want the sweets and chocolate. Today was going to be a "new" start again.

Why are these urges so strong - I am going to fight it by throwing myself into my work and with a bit of luck get through this day. Once this day is over I am sure that I will be ok.

Sorry for such a long one and thanks for listening.

Ju
xx

Just try to wait it out.

If you need to have the other bar it is better than eating sweets

Try not to let others get to you but I know it is easier said than done.

You have done amazing 3 stone is fab!!! Xxx

Thanks Dolly Rocker. Well I managed to stay 100% yesterday (and lost 2lbs since Monday) so that has given me the inspiration to keep going. Today will be another 100% day too - I feel so much better today and have got some of my mojo back to get this under control. xxx

Thanks Dolly Rocker. Well I managed to stay 100% yesterday (and lost 2lbs since Monday) so that has given me the inspiration to keep going. Today will be another 100% day too - I feel so much better today and have got some of my mojo back to get this under control. xxx

Good for you honey.

its a struggle but getting through it you feel so much better dont you!

I had the same for a couple of days earlier this week & managed to just stay on track.

Well done on your loss so far!

L xxx

Back