Really struggling with drinking water

gg2007

Hi all!

Im on day 4 of the plan and so far everything is going well, felt hungry first two days, but now it isnt so bad...anyways.....im really strugglin with drinking water.

At the mo im drinking the min 2.25litres per day, but i know the more water i drink the quicker the weight will go. But as it is im forcing myself to drink the min.

Even before the diet i wasnt a big water drinker (bad i kno)

Have tried the orange and berry water flavourings...but didnt like the flavours:cry:

are there any other things i could try....?

There's not an awful lot else you can try to be honest, although you could make massive milkshakes up and have some of your water that way. The disadvantage of that is that you have to then still drink it all within 15 minutes of making it.

One think I recommend is to have a glass of water before and after your Cambridge meals. Sometimes downing a glass at set times really helps, just to get the water in. I sympathise, I HATE water too.

Hiya Debz,

Looks like im going to have to continue gulping! at least i know im not the only one to hate water lol

just out of curiosity...why do the shakes have to be drank within 15 minz?

thanx xx

I've always hated water and it still makes me gag - I also hate the water flavourings :jelous:

I get round it in 2 ways; firstly I fill a 2 litre bottle with water every morning as soon as I get up and aim to have it gone by early afternoon. I then fill it up again and sip away until thats gone. Tastes rubbish but I force myself - it really does help with the hunger too.

Secondly, I went on the hereigoagain blog (Sara Swifts blog, she has lost something like 15 stone in 12 months!!) and it's full of brilliant advice, she said that the water is "flushing away the fat" and that every time you pee you should imagine the fat leaving your body.... it was all the incentive i needed !!! :D

What about having some of the Perfectly Clear Strawberry & Kiwi sparkling water. I used to use that when I first started as I struggled so much with the water, on day 5 of restart this week and managing with only water, taking about 5ltrs a day. Never thought I'd ever get to the stage where I'd look forward to water, but seem to be there.

I also only drink water at room temperature as I find it goes down much easier.

What about having some of the Perfectly Clear Strawberry & Kiwi sparkling water. I used to use that when I first started as I struggled so much with the water, on day 5 of restart this week and managing with only water, taking about 5ltrs a day. Never thought I'd ever get to the stage where I'd look forward to water, but seem to be there.

I also only drink water at room temperature as I find it goes down much easier.

That flavoured stuff knocks me out of ketosis ... you're lucky ! :) Wish I could drink it

Try to keep persevering with the water. You will find it becomes easier. I was never a water drinker either, but now I find myself wanting it! I like you started by just drinking the minimum, but now I have 4ltrs minimum a day (plus galloens of black coffee).

It will get easier.

Tracey
x

I had real problems at the beginning trying to drink the water. I was orginally on LL & the LLC wanted us to drink 6litres per day....No chance!.... I do drink about 4 litres, now i'm on CD i'm still drinking 4.

I prefer to mix half of still water and half sparkling with the flavourings, so much nicer....:)

xxx

Thanks for the replies! I think i will try the sparkling kiwi stuff...ive had it before, and found it ok. Having to drink 4/6 litres a day...OMG!! I do hope that the longer i continue the more i will want to drink water. (still cant imagine it though lol)

Just had a look at the blog pictures...wow!!! Im just about her start size...so that gives me so much hope!! :)

but i know this is one of the best decisions ive made to start CD. Will now start taking monthly pics of myself.

another question: to those of you who are drinking 4-6 litres of water a day...do you not live on the toilet,? lol im only drinking 2.25 and im in and out constantly!

Before CD i used to drink at least 10 plus coffees a day and nothing else.

I used to do the minimum and now i do roughly 3-3 and a half litres of water a day.

I find it easier to down the water with a straw and have a half litre bottle at a time.

Try it with a straw it defo helps.

will add straws to my shopping list;)

thanx all

I drink most of my water with my shakes. I cannot finish them without alternating sips of water and milkshake ( i hope that is ok??). They make me feel very sick otherwise.

I aim to have a pint of water with each shake and then make up the other pint or more in the day. I want to drink more but i just get very very bloted and it feels horrible. I'm hoping to incease my water gradually.

I wish i could offer you some advice but i think the same as mentioned before, the more i drink the more weight i will lose.

xx

I have a litre before my first shake - and I just down it in 3 lots, one immediately I wake up, one after shower, and one just before my shake. then I have my shake made with an extra half pint at least. then another half pint. then I carry a 1l bottle around with me and make sure that's gone by lunch. then another 2 pints with lunch soup. then another one has to be gone by late afternoon and then one more in the evening with the bar.

I thought it would be impossible to drink all the water but in fact it really helps me because it keeps me full, keeps my skin lovely, keeps my hands and mouth busy when I am craving and I always remember that it speeds up the loss.

and the loo - oh yes, I used to go every 15 mins or so but by 3 weeks it was down to every 30 mins or so and now I go about once an hour. your system gets used to it and your bladder gets better and holding it.

hang in there, believe me if I can drink 4l anyone can!

Hey everyone!!!

I got my straw out this morning and it seems to be working,:) i have already done 1.5 litres (good for me), normally that would of only been 500ml. Im going to gradually ween myself up on the water. wk 2 i will push it up to 3litres a day!

:thankyou:for all the advice xx

I am starting LL on Tuesday but thought I would start getting used to drinking the water. I am getting through 4 litres+ a day at the moment - I purcahsed a plastic 2 litre jug but also large glass with a top and straw - when sitting at my desk I hardly even realise I am drinking it.. I just can't do it with a regular glass - I forget!

Also - have found at home just having a sports bottle with me and again I drink it without thinking! I don't enjoy cold water so I add a bit of boiling water and it seems to go down so much better.

I still haven't managed to crack spending all my time on the loo!!!

Hey everyone!!!

I got my straw out this morning and it seems to be working,:) i have already done 1.5 litres (good for me), normally that would of only been 500ml. Im going to gradually ween myself up on the water. wk 2 i will push it up to 3litres a day!

:thankyou:for all the advice xx

Hey, well done on on the 1.5 litres. I'm sure you'll be upto 3 litres in no time. I think i might nick the idea of using a straw too :p , sounds like it works.

xx

Back