Extra Easy Really struggling with the 1/3 Superfree rule

If your really struggling why dont you try red and green days? Its my understanding that the 1/3 superfree rule does not apply here x

Oh sorry to hear that, what sort of meals are you having maybe we can give you some ideas of what to have to make up the 1/3 superfree x

***Saskya*** said:
Oh sorry to hear that, what sort of meals are you having maybe we can give you some ideas of what to have to make up the 1/3 superfree x

I'm having Jacket Potato and Beans, spaghetti Bolognese, Shepherds Pie, chicken Curry! I really love SW but have been told this is a necessity for the plan to work

It is really easy to add superfree foods to these meals. It doesn't have to be 'on the side'.

Chopped tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, carrots etc all count in the bolognese and shepherd's pie. And any veg that you add to the curry eg onion, peppers, babycorn, courgette, aubergine. Or you could even have a vegetable curry instead of chicken.

Failing that home-made vegetable soup as a starter will help boost your superfree intake.

In my experience the SW plans are only restricted by the choices that people make and with an open mind and a little bit of effort it really is extra easy.

Try some of the recipes from here, the SW magazine and cook books then your superfree foods will be built in and you won't even need to think about it.

As PatchworkPuss said, it doesnt have to be on the side as long as it makes up 1/3 of the meal, so adding veg all counts and on meals were you cant add veg for example the jacket pots and beans have a side salad. It just requires a tad of extra thinking to get 1/3 but it is easy when you get into it. Good Luck :D x

Well when I do EE days, I often make up a large batch of Superfree soup - put in any superfree veg you like with a bit of stock and blend it. I would then have a bowl of it as soon as I got home from work, which would fill a hole in my appetite meaning I had a much smaller plate of food at dinnertime.

Most of the dinners you like, JP and beans, Bolognese, Chili con carne, can all be eaten on Green days - just substitute the mince for Quorn (just as nice in my opinion) and for the curry you can use the weighed chicken from your healthy extra allowance.

I would definitely recommend taking a look in the food diaries section - they have helped me out quite a lot, because like you I sometimes have days where I have no idea what to eat :D

Davey1984 said:
Really struggling with the 1/3 superfree rule, thinking of going back to WW

Can you not make it up with fruit?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya I do struggle with the 1/3 rule, so make sure all my snacks are fruit and my breakfast is a fruit salad. All the meals you gave I always add chopped tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. I also make any tomatoe based sauce with passata so chilli con carne and spag bol are instantly based in veg

Davey, you mentioned that you have started back again in an earlier post and that you are focused. You also said in a previous post that you struggle with the third superfree rule. I'm not being funny but do you actually want to do sw? It does seem like you are still not entirely focused - even with lots of help from us in your previous posts?? If this isn't the case forgive me, but you do tend to replicate your earlier posts.... :)

Stefanie said:
Davey, you mentioned that you have started back again in an earlier post and that you are focused. You also said in a previous post that you struggle with the third superfree rule. I'm not being funny but do you actually want to do sw? It does seem like you are still not entirely focused - even with lots of help from us in your previous posts?? If this isn't the case forgive me, but you do tend to replicate your earlier posts.... :)

My earlier post about the 1/3 rule was a couple of weeks ago and all the advice given I took on board but am still struggling hence this post.

I was focussed and stil am but am struggling with ideas for the superfree rule, I thought this forum was designed to help people and for others to share ideas.

I appreciate ur comment and ur help but if u find my post repetitive then pls just don't comment.

I'm asking for a bit of help and a bit of advice, nothing else!!!

Stefanie said:

And yes I do want to do slimming world which is why I am so concerned about the the rules because I really want to succed

Davey if you're honestly struggling with the 1/3 rule could you do a mixture of Red/Green and EE?

I find that as I am no the greatest on the 1/3 I only go EE when I am making a meal that has an even mixture of meat/carbs such as Spag Bol, Chilli Con Carne, Shepherd Pie but things like Jacket Pototate I try to keep that in a Green Day plan and have an Omlette or Veg Cooked Breakfast. When it comes to Red I try to have a cooked breakfast and then use my HEB to build in a carb with my red dinner (ie Steak, potatoes (HEB) and veg)

Is that any help?

If it's that you don't like veg try mixing it with other things, so grate carrot into bolognese, you can add lots of veg to a cottage pie, even making it 2/3 superfree! Onion, carrot, courgette, finely dice swede, into the mince mixture, then add cauliflower to the mash, try using some EL laughing cow cheese triangles to make it cheesy.

Chicken curry needs halved mushrooms, peppers, onions, green beans. a side salad of thinly sliced red onion sprinkled with salt to soften then mix with diced tomato and cucumber and squeeze lemon juice over the top, mix with coriander leaves (If liked, try baby leaf spinach if not).

That has helped a great deal. I need to try and think more about ways to incorporate SF food!

Thank u all so much for ur help and advice xxx

I really struggled at first too, but now really enjoy the addition of veg to the meals. I tend to add the veg in though - not keen on plain veg on the side. I do love my veggie soups - and they work out really cheap too.
If you have fruit for pud that counts towards it - and the frozen stuff is well worth a try, esp Mango, Raspberries, Cherries, and sliced apple. (Really not keen on the fruit salad though). Lovely with a few spoons of syn free vanilla yogurt spooned over (and some cinnamon in the apple).

Hey, have you tried planning your meals and going from there? I did sw last year started Jan and lost 3 stone.. stopped for christmas put a stone back on and started back in Feb.. I have lost 4.5lbs in the last 3 weeks so it is very slow and I have found it hard!

I found last time my losses were better on EE but this time around I have found myself going to the cupboards and kind of staring not really sure what to eat knowing I would have to find that 1/3 superfree!

I am now doing mainly green with a red and ee thrown in. I have sat down a couple of days in advance and planned what I am having for breakfast lunch and dinner, which helps me to know my syns.. It also gives me the flexibility of choosing what I want so I can use my syns in meals so I don't feel so restricted. Although you have said you dislike this option maybe until things have settled down with the new house and things at home the restraint may help from straying?

Either way sorry for the long post and I wish you all the luck, need any help.. or someone to chat to gimme a shout x

My earlier post about the 1/3 rule was a couple of weeks ago and all the advice given I took on board but am still struggling hence this post.

I was focussed and stil am but am struggling with ideas for the superfree rule, I thought this forum was designed to help people and for others to share ideas.

I appreciate ur comment and ur help but if u find my post repetitive then pls just don't comment.

I'm asking for a bit of help and a bit of advice, nothing else!!!

Davey, like I said in my post forgive me if this isn't the case. I'm here to help as I have done in your earlier threads. Don't defect to weightwatchers! Sw is the way to go! :)

I always throw a bit of rocket or some spinach leaves or something on the side of my plate if I dont think theres enough superfree, but just to echo what everyone else has said really, if its that you dont like veg chop it up really small, even blend it slightly if its going in something like spag bol, chilli, cottage pie etc

Back