Really struggling!

pink.fish

Hi ladies,
I thought I'd turn to you guys for some much needed support. I feel totally ridiculous - I am 6lb away from my target and my willpower has fallen to pieces since Christmas. I just cannot seem to get away from crooked thinking and am really in danger of starting to put weight back on (I haven't as yet but I think my weigh-in his week will be 'interesting') I'm really starting to feel like a failure, which is ridiculous really as I've lost nearly 4 stone! Any advice or words of encouragement to get me over the final hurdle will be gratefully received.

Thanks for listening,

Pink x

Hi pink. It's difficult getting close to goal, isn't it? I haven't actually lapsed yet but am finding it more challenging than before. Is your goal really where you want to be? Could you be self- sabotaging? I ask myself these questions! No real answers I'm afraid but saw your post and wanted you to know I can empathise and you're not alone.

I sometimes wonder if I doubt that I truly deserve this... And then remind myself that I do! I've dreamt of being slim and healthy for so long I'm not going to let a little crooked thinking get in the way at this last stage. Hang in there, hon! X

Hun. Hang in there! You're nearly there! Quitting now is like giving up a winning race right before the finishing line!
Yes it is hard and we all struggle. You only need to read through my diary to see that you're not the only one.
I've had some major ups and downs during my journey esp over the past month.
It's part if the process, a learning curve and trust me it is very much a needed one! It allows us to deal with the issue of overeating, emotional imbalance and whatever else is going on that makes us put on weight.
Like Spangly said. Maybe you're subconsciously sabotaging yourself because you're scared of what's next etc.
Don't think of reaching your target weight as the end of your journey. It's not! It's only a beginning! And you know there's enough strength in you to move on to the next stage and learn how to maintain your weight loss!
That journey never really ends!
So come on, shake that negative feeling off and finish what you started!
You deserve it indeed!!!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey pink. please please stick with it - your feelings are perfectly normal and exactly how i felt first time around. negative feelings and feelings of 'what's next?' , 'im thin enough now', i also had others telling me that i was getting too thin and scrawny which made me question my goal weight. i was scared of being off abstinance and out in the big wide world. whatever you are feeling is normal and i know how scary it can be. you most certainly are not a failure and you must keep reminding yourself of that. take a look at photos of yourself before and now - think of how good you feel and how reaching goal weight will make you feel. you are about to embark on the next part of your journey which is scary but another step to the new you - the one who will be slimmer, happier and healthier and who will keep the weight off. believe that we are all in varying stages of feelings like this and that we can all do it - we deserve it and so do you. good luck with you weigh in - have a chat to your counsellor about how you are feeling and stick with it. x

Hi Pink
Wise words from the others.
I think we can all relate to what you are saying.
You have done so well. You need to congratulate yourself.
4 stone is a great achievement.
Maybe a thought log. Write down how you are feeling. That may help you realise why.
Is it because of what others are saying. Is there something else emotionally challenging going on, work or relationship, family etc.
This is a notorious tie of year to feel tempted to stray off any diet.
Could you discuss it in your group or with your LLC?
As we get nearer to goal and RTM sometimes staying on packs seems a preferable option to reintroducing food. The thought of having to control portions can be quite scary. Or maybe youfeel you should reconsider your goal?
Stay strong Pink.
I think the message from all of us is that it WILL be worth it.
Good luck hun . xxx

Thank you all for your kind and very sensible words. I think you've all hit the nail on the head with the comments about fearing the future - I do feel incredibly apprehensive about my ability to cope without the packs and I've really fulfilled my own prophecy by making rubbish food choices since being on the 'lite' plan. I actually decided to go back to full abstinence for 'a few weeks' just to blast the last few pounds off but it has proven to be incredibly hard. Maybe I should attempt a couple of weeks on 'lite' before going on to rtm, I really don't know. All I know is today has been a good day thanks to your support, and I am happy to report that I have stayed on the packs and, although the crooked thoughts have been there, I have managed to push them to the back of my mind successfully :)

Thank you all once again - I WILL get there and my demons will be banished forevermore!

Pink x x x

Excellent. Well done you. xx

pink.fish said:
Hi ladies,
I thought I'd turn to you guys for some much needed support. I feel totally ridiculous - I am 6lb away from my target and my willpower has fallen to pieces since Christmas. I just cannot seem to get away from crooked thinking and am really in danger of starting to put weight back on (I haven't as yet but I think my weigh-in his week will be 'interesting') I'm really starting to feel like a failure, which is ridiculous really as I've lost nearly 4 stone! Any advice or words of encouragement to get me over the final hurdle will be gratefully received.

Thanks for listening,

Pink x

Oh my god me too! The most I can manage is 3 days and then it all goes wrong. Today someone brought goodies in for their birthday and I couldn't help myself :( I have 3 lb to go and just seem to keep sabotaging myself. Thanks girls, support here is fab but u think I need to sew my lips together lol!

:massmoon:

^^^ GLOL @ SB's 'bottoms'!! :8855:

Back