Step 1 Sole Source Really struggling

Yeah I agree with that. Too many people want to find approval for having things they shouldn't (on the fb groups anyway) and it does make me wonder why they started the diet in the first place.

How is your relationship with food now? Sorry for all the questions. Do you do much exercise?

Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches

Wow! I've been offline for a while, sorry for the late response! Yes at the stage I am currently I just have to keep up some sort of exercise routine. I'm a working mum of 3 so that is not as easy as it sounds! But I still try. I have a yoga class every Saturday morning and there's a gym on my way back from work where I try to get 30 mins on the treadmill whenever I'm able to get off early. At least twice a week. Other times I do the usuals- park far from the office; take the stairs and try long walks. And when the kids can get me in the mood we all go swimming or dancing together. I naturally suck at exercise so my trick is to keep it "simple, doable and enjoyable". Better than being a serial couch potato.

Now my relationship with food is so much better; I've decided to go low-carb and it seems to be working so well for me. I've done a lot of research on the Atkins plan and other low carb weight plan variations and have discovered that low-carb diets can be a healthy lifelong maintenance plan for me

I don't really care much for all the lard and oil on Atkins and as I'm not trying to actively "lose weight" but rather to maintain - I find a balance that gives me a carb level I can tolerate without packing on the pounds and limitless protein options which I ensure are boiled, baked, grilled or broiled. Rarely fried and definitely never deep fried (yack). My carb options are usually veggies, nuts and legumes with the odd fibre here and there. I've totally abandoned all white starches.

If I find myself indulging however, I tighten the reigns on my diet and downgrade to one of the cambridge steps, usually 810 kcals mostly for 3 days to a week thereabouts and burn off the glycogen and I'm back where I wanna be :D.

And there's always SS as a back up plan! I've not had to go back to SS ever since I hit 87kg though.

I weigh in every other day so its easy to see when the carbs get out of control on time.

That's me (phew!) How about you? :D

Back