Really? That's it? My soup! It's gone, already!!

Your post made me laugh! Hope your other packs last a bit longer!

In a few weeks you may well feel that's good, because you won't be hungry and they will be an inconvenience (that's how I felt at times anyway!)

In a few weeks you may well feel that's good, because you won't be hungry and they will be an inconvenience (that's how I felt at times anyway!)

THanks Dom....I am counting on that happening. Ideally, I would like to get to where a bar at work is sufficient and then just deal with the shakes and soups at home. :)

It was quite tasty though - that was a nice surprise - it was Mushroom, and I love Mushroom soup and was pleased it had the flavour - just lacked a bit of cinsistancy. AND VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe

I used to make mine REALLY hot so I had to sip it slowly to drink it all. Alternatively, make crisps out of them and nibble away. I can make a soup packet of crisps last over an hour.

I always make mine in a cup and make it up to a pint, it lasts ages and is still pretty tasty. I love lots of pepper, which I never used before LL and I think the chicken is good too.

:( It was actually tasty - but >poof<, before I knew it - it was gone.

Today is going to be hard. :rolleyes:

LOL you're right, there's not much to them.

How did you find making it? What did you use -whisk/shaker? I do mine in a mug and just use the spoon and keep stirring as I slowly add the water - I don't mind the odd few bits at the top.

I'll try both those ideas!! THank!!!

I find it hard as I am quite a slow eater - lunch usually took me at least 30-35 minutes to eat, and that was just a sandwich and a packet of crisps. THis was gone so fast!! Didnp;t know what to do with myself for the rest of the time!! lol....I think I am going to be smoking more then usual!! At least this first week.

I do realise this will all look different next week.

And tbh, it hasn't been that bad yet. The mind has only turned to food about 3 or 4 times since I woke up this morning, so I think that is pretty good, and realise its just habit - they were all at the time I might have had a snack or my meals. Interesting that. Like clockwork.

But I keep drinking my water....and that helps to fill too. Nearly done with 3 litres. Yesterday it took me till 5pm to drink 3 litres. So feeling good about that.

I have a good friend here at work who knows I am doing this. I have only told her and my boss. I wanted my boss to know in case I got funny at any point, thought best she be clued in. But my friend is really nice. SHe is going to be a great source of support if and when I need it, and that is a comfort. I do like to talk to people about things, and have found it difficult over here to find anyone to really open up to - alot of women I meet keep things very close to their chests. So between you lot here, and her, and my husband - I know I will be OK.

THanks peeps!!!

LOL you're right, there's not much to them.

How did you find making it? What did you use -whisk/shaker? I do mine in a mug and just use the spoon and keep stirring as I slowly add the water - I don't mind the odd few bits at the top.

I used the shaker and it was quite adequate adn then poured in to a cup. Just a few lumps that I could smooth out with a spoon. It only made one cup plus a little bit, in one of the THERMOS flask cups. It was quite thin - couldn;t imagine adding more water to make more but maybe that would be OK. Will try it maybe next time. When will that be? :::looks at watch:::: 5 hours and 19 minutes and 43 serconds. Not that I am counting!! :D

To be fair, I did warn you about the exploding soups in the shaker :D

LOL - true, but when I asked you to elaborate you left me hanging!! So I had to go into it only armed with only half the knowledge!! :p:D

So - just how does one avoid the exploding shaker?? Kind of self defeating innit!!?? :D

I avoid the exploding soup in the shaker by starting off with a little cold water and mixing the powder into a thick paste. I then slowly add hot water, stirring constantly until it's all more or less dissolved. Finally I give it a gentle shakes just to get rid of the final bits of powder/paste.

Oh, and make sure the lid is screwed on properly.

Back