1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Really? That's it? My soup! It's gone, already!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Blonde Logic, 8 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

:( It was actually tasty - but >poof<, before I knew it - it was gone.

Today is going to be hard. :rolleyes:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Frejja

Frejja Well-Known Member

Your post made me laugh! Hope your other packs last a bit longer!

4. Dom1979

Dom1979 Well-Known Member

In a few weeks you may well feel that's good, because you won't be hungry and they will be an inconvenience (that's how I felt at times anyway!)

5. Blonde Logic

lol - me too!!! Didn't help that as soon as I shook it it blew out the top - didn;t lose much, but can see this first week, those little drops are vital!!! :D

6. Blonde Logic

THanks Dom....I am counting on that happening. Ideally, I would like to get to where a bar at work is sufficient and then just deal with the shakes and soups at home. :)

It was quite tasty though - that was a nice surprise - it was Mushroom, and I love Mushroom soup and was pleased it had the flavour - just lacked a bit of cinsistancy. AND VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe

7. Deb G

Deb G Well-Known Member

I used to make mine REALLY hot so I had to sip it slowly to drink it all. Alternatively, make crisps out of them and nibble away. I can make a soup packet of crisps last over an hour.

8. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

I always make mine in a cup and make it up to a pint, it lasts ages and is still pretty tasty. I love lots of pepper, which I never used before LL and I think the chicken is good too.

9. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Well-Known Member

LOL you're right, there's not much to them.

How did you find making it? What did you use -whisk/shaker? I do mine in a mug and just use the spoon and keep stirring as I slowly add the water - I don't mind the odd few bits at the top.

10. Blonde Logic

I'll try both those ideas!! THank!!!

I find it hard as I am quite a slow eater - lunch usually took me at least 30-35 minutes to eat, and that was just a sandwich and a packet of crisps. THis was gone so fast!! Didnp;t know what to do with myself for the rest of the time!! lol....I think I am going to be smoking more then usual!! At least this first week.

I do realise this will all look different next week.

And tbh, it hasn't been that bad yet. The mind has only turned to food about 3 or 4 times since I woke up this morning, so I think that is pretty good, and realise its just habit - they were all at the time I might have had a snack or my meals. Interesting that. Like clockwork.

But I keep drinking my water....and that helps to fill too. Nearly done with 3 litres. Yesterday it took me till 5pm to drink 3 litres. So feeling good about that.

I have a good friend here at work who knows I am doing this. I have only told her and my boss. I wanted my boss to know in case I got funny at any point, thought best she be clued in. But my friend is really nice. SHe is going to be a great source of support if and when I need it, and that is a comfort. I do like to talk to people about things, and have found it difficult over here to find anyone to really open up to - alot of women I meet keep things very close to their chests. So between you lot here, and her, and my husband - I know I will be OK.

THanks peeps!!!

11. Blonde Logic

I used the shaker and it was quite adequate adn then poured in to a cup. Just a few lumps that I could smooth out with a spoon. It only made one cup plus a little bit, in one of the THERMOS flask cups. It was quite thin - couldn;t imagine adding more water to make more but maybe that would be OK. Will try it maybe next time. When will that be? :::looks at watch:::: 5 hours and 19 minutes and 43 serconds. Not that I am counting!! :D

12. Christovee

Christovee Well-Known Member

To be fair, I did warn you about the exploding soups in the shaker :D

13. Blonde Logic

LOL - true, but when I asked you to elaborate you left me hanging!! So I had to go into it only armed with only half the knowledge!! :p:D

So - just how does one avoid the exploding shaker?? Kind of self defeating innit!!?? :D

14. Christovee

Christovee Well-Known Member

I avoid the exploding soup in the shaker by starting off with a little cold water and mixing the powder into a thick paste. I then slowly add hot water, stirring constantly until it's all more or less dissolved. Finally I give it a gentle shakes just to get rid of the final bits of powder/paste.

Oh, and make sure the lid is screwed on properly.